Corporations - not natural persons = no natural rights

Should corporations have the same rights as natural humans?

• No - but I do not agree with the amendment in the OP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
I honestly doubt corporate entities were what Jefferson had in mind when he thought of inalienable rights endowed by a creator. Corporations are not natural human beings, they therefore have no natural rights. Any rights they do have come only by the consent of the governed People.

The Courts have upheld that corporations are persons as used in the 14th amendment. I think its time we pass a Constitutional amendment to clear this matter up. The amendment should make it clear that corporations are not people under the 14th amendment, and that they have no Constitutionally protected rights whatsoever. Any rights they do have will be defined by the Congress and the state legislatures.

I highly doubt you know what you're talking about.....awwwwww did the 14th amendment piss you off......

Can you sue a pile of bricks?

I'm not saying corporations should not have civil rights. They just have no natural rights because they are not natural humans.

We the People create these corporate entities - they serve at our pleasure. It is therefore our natural right to define their rights.

I honestly doubt corporate entities were what Jefferson had in mind when he thought of inalienable rights endowed by a creator. Corporations are not natural human beings, they therefore have no natural rights. Any rights they do have come only by the consent of the governed People.

The Courts have upheld that corporations are persons as used in the 14th amendment. I think its time we pass a Constitutional amendment to clear this matter up. The amendment should make it clear that corporations are not people under the 14th amendment, and that they have no Constitutionally protected rights whatsoever. Any rights they do have will be defined by the Congress and the state legislatures.

Oh, well, then, the government should be able to just barge in and seize their assets... no court order, no nothing.

Fucking stooge.

Oh, well, then, the government should be able to just barge in and seize their assets... no court order, no nothing.

Fucking stooge.

Who is arguing that we should define the rights of a corporation to not include property rights? Not me. Is it you?

I'm not saying corporations should not have civil rights. They just have no natural rights because they are not natural humans.

We the People create these corporate entities - they serve at our pleasure. It is therefore our natural right to define their rights.

And what natural rights do they currently have that they should not?

As a communist, he is looking for a way to quash the first amendment protections granted under the Constitution. Political correctness and a complicit State media is not good enough for him.

The right to political free speech. There should be no such thing as a corporate "citizen" - they should not be considered "citizens".

As a communist, he is looking for a way to quash the first amendment protections granted under the Constitution. Political correctness and a complicit State media is not good enough for him.

Corporate entities are not natural humans, they thus have no natural rights.

Is 'the press' a natural person, asswipe?

The press is multiple natural persons, yes.

It may surprise you to know that the press was not always owned by soulless corporate entities bound 0% to the truth and 100% to profit.

Just like unions and corporations.

Thread Fail.

Corporations are created by government though a charter. The press - as the collection of journalists (professional or otherwise) in the nation - does not exist because government creates it. That's because the press is simply a collection of individuals with natural rights. A corporation is an entity unto itself, owned by - but separate from - its shareholders.

This is why you can sue - or be sued by - a corporation - but you cannot sue "the press" or be sued by "the press" as a whole.

Does that clear up the distinction?

Forum List

Back