Corporations Do Not Pay Taxes

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
A point I've made so often, it deserves its own thread. In fact, it's such a good point that it bears repeating.

Corporations do not pay taxes!

Corporations collect taxes. It's the biggest f*cking sham in a tax code that's rife with shams, cons, and ripoffs. You keep hearing all these politicians who claim to be "looking out for the little guy" talk about shifting the tax burden to corporations to make sure the poor leech off the system instead of paying taxes. They talk about how corporations don't pay enough taxes and how the burden is on the poor and they usually blame it all on Republicans and their high-priced lobbyists. However, they know the truth. Corporations don't pay taxes because corporations are incapable of accumulating wealth. The entire tax burden on corporations must come from three sources. The first is to cut it out of the profits. However, this decreases stock prices and dividends, which hurts the company as a whole and is really stupid. The second source is costs. You can either cut it at the labor end, decreasing pay or benefits, or you can do it on the materials end, hurting your current supplier and doing business with somebody who cuts pay and benefits. The third is price, which is the route most corporations take. This means that every time you buy something, you are paying corporate taxes without being told. Will you hear this from most politicians? Of course not, because with corporate taxes, they can tax you up to your eyebrows and you'll thank them for the favor. However, the truth still remains, and is worth repeating yet again.

that is correct....the money is passed to the shareholders and in that case of my 40 million dollar a year company makes about 15% profit so we bonus the staff (200 strong average bonus 10K), fund the staff's profit sharing and 401k plans, buy new equpiment for the company, computers, bigger screens, better chairs and mouse pads etc.... then the owners....the ones who's house are on the line of credit split the remaining couple of mill then we pay taxes between 35% and 45% depending on if it is salary or bonus.....so no the corporation doesn't pay taxes my staff and i and my partners do......

manu1959 said:
that is correct....the money is passed to the shareholders and in that case of my 40 million dollar a year company makes about 15% profit so we bonus the staff (200 strong average bonus 10K), fund the staff's profit sharing and 401k plans, buy new equpiment for the company, computers, bigger screens, better chairs and mouse pads etc.... then the owners....the ones who's house are on the line of credit split the remaining couple of mill then we pay taxes between 35% and 45% depending on if it is salary or bonus.....so no the corporation doesn't pay taxes my staff and i and my partners do......
To paraphrase that old saying

"Corporations don't pay taxes, people do!!!!!"

KarlMarx said:
To paraphrase that old saying

"Corporations don't pay taxes, people do!!!!!"

Exactly! People pay taxes, period. No matter what you tax, the entire tax burden is solely on the shoulders of individuals. The only reason to pretend this isn't true is so you can convince some individuals who pay taxes that they don't.

This is the way it is....

Q. If you downsized politicians by removing, say half of them, what would happen to the rest of us?
A: Not much, except we could start expecting to keep more of our money

We don't need politicians, THEY NEED US. I will still have a job, but every few years, the politicians want me to give them a job or extend their existing job. Frankly, to me, politicians seem to create problems when they attempt to give us the impression that they're solving them...

Sure, government is necessary, but how much is the real question.

Idea for a bumper sticker.... "SAVE YOUR JOB.... DOWNSIZE A DEMOCRAT"

KarlMarx said:
This is the way it is....

Q. If you downsized politicians by removing, say half of them, what would happen to the rest of us?
A: Not much, except we could start expecting to keep more of our money

We don't need politicians, THEY NEED US. I will still have a job, but every few years, the politicians want me to give them a job or extend their existing job. Frankly, to me, politicians seem to create problems when they attempt to give us the impression that they're solving them...

Sure, government is necessary, but how much is the real question.

Idea for a bumper sticker.... "SAVE YOUR JOB.... DOWNSIZE A DEMOCRAT"
Darn right they do. The problem is in the last 40 years they have convinced “us” we need “them”.

Term limits and reduced salaries would change the whole ballgame.
Then we may get more folks that truly want to “serve”, rather than prosper at public and the Country’s expense. IMO.

Mr. P said:
Darn right they do. The problem is in the last 40 years they have convinced “us” we need “them”.

Term limits and reduced salaries would change the whole ballgame.
Then we may get more folks that truly want to “serve”, rather than prosper at public and the Country’s expense. IMO.

Im opposed to term limits.

Its funny, when Kerry was pretending to be a presidental candidate opposed to Bush, he would attack the "outsourcing" and loss of American jobs. Never mind that the overall job loss/job gain due to outsourcing actually works as a net gain to the number of Americans employed.

But, as I recall, he was pushing for increasing taxes on the rich and corporations were no exception.

But then when it came time to discuss outsourcing, his plan called for tax breaks for companies that have their operation in country..Hmmm, so, tax increases, tax decreases on the same said entity. What a bowl full of diahrea that guy is. :poop:

A point I've made so often, it deserves its own thread. In fact, it's such a good point that it bears repeating.

Corporations collect taxes. It's the biggest f*cking sham in a tax code that's rife with shams, cons, and ripoffs. You keep hearing all these politicians who claim to be "looking out for the little guy" talk about shifting the tax burden to corporations to make sure the poor leech off the system instead of paying taxes. They talk about how corporations don't pay enough taxes and how the burden is on the poor and they usually blame it all on Republicans and their high-priced lobbyists. However, they know the truth. Corporations don't pay taxes because corporations are incapable of accumulating wealth. The entire tax burden on corporations must come from three sources. The first is to cut it out of the profits. However, this decreases stock prices and dividends, which hurts the company as a whole and is really stupid. The second source is costs. You can either cut it at the labor end, decreasing pay or benefits, or you can do it on the materials end, hurting your current supplier and doing business with somebody who cuts pay and benefits. The third is price, which is the route most corporations take. This means that every time you buy something, you are paying corporate taxes without being told. Will you hear this from most politicians? Of course not, because with corporate taxes, they can tax you up to your eyebrows and you'll thank them for the favor. However, the truth still remains, and is worth repeating yet again.

So this didn't start happening on Obama's watch?

Forum List

Back