Corporations behind efforts to label Sotomayor ‘racist’

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Corporate interests posing as a grassroots conservative group are behind attacks on President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, a RAW STORY investigation has found.

The Committee for Justice (CFJ), an astroturf group established by big business in July 2002 to create an appearance of popular support for President Bush’s judicial nominees, is now leading the effort to oppose the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the US Supreme Court.

CFJ’s Executive Director Curt Levey has been sending out press releases and making media appearances to promote the theme that Sotomayor is racist and biased in her rulings, drawing his talking points largely from a speech in which she suggested that when it came to race and sex discrimination cases, it was possible that “a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences … would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”

“It’s pretty disturbing,” Levey told The Hill. “It’s one thing to say that occasionally a judge will despite his or her best efforts to be impartial … allow occasional biases to cloud impartiality. But it’s almost like she’s proud that her biases and personal experiences will cloud her impartiality.”

CFJ was created at the urging of former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MO) – who has himself been plagued by allegations of racism.

Raw Story » Corporations behind efforts to label Sotomayor ‘racist’

I don't doubt for a second that Sotomayor's life's experience makes her racist.

Whose hasn't?

Once again, it must be a big mean corporation to blame for evil perpetuated against a hard working liberal. It's not like this woman's own racists statements could be dogging her. Yeah,, it's the corporation.

gaythread.jpg

well, i don't have to read the raw story, or be a rocket scientist, nor have I stayed at a holiday inn recently... to know that ''this'' is how it works in the land of politics...and it is done by those involved in politics on both sides of the aisle....this is how lobbyists work....the sneakier, or more deceptive on who hired them to do ''the job'', the better, and done by the higher paid Lobbying firms imo.

Also, sending out talking points, from our politician's campaign, given to the media via email or given to Drudge or key blogs to stir up the pot, is the same type thing to me...

AND I hate hate hate all of it...every itty bit of it....:(

care

well, i don't have to read the raw story, or be a rocket scientist, nor have I stayed at a holiday inn recently... to know that ''this'' is how it works in the land of politics...and it is done by those involved in politics on both sides of the aisle....this is how lobbyists work....the sneakier, or more deceptive on who hired them to do ''the job'', the better, and done by the higher paid Lobbying firms imo.

Also, sending out talking points, from our politician's campaign, given to the media via email or given to Drudge or key blogs to stir up the pot, is the same type thing to me...

care
yeah, it couldn't possibly be that what she said was so blatantly racist that anyone could tell if they didn't have their partisan blinders on

care
yeah, it couldn't possibly be that what she said was so blatantly racist that anyone could tell if they didn't have their partisan blinders on

All one need do is change her to a white MAN and have her say that her upbringing as a WHITE Man makes her a better judge then any Latino and one gets the point.

All in one need do is change her Racist groups words to make it all about whites and not Hispanics to see how racist they really are.

Can you imagine if a Person were recommended for a position on the Supreme Court that was white and belonged to a group like her's that espoused the same ideals as her's but for whites instead of Hispanics? That has as it's name "The Race"?

Hi Editec:

I don't doubt for a second that Sotomayor's life's experience makes her racist.

Whose hasn't?

Obama's 'latina' appointment is about throwing his Open Border Lobby Agenda Cohorts a bone, because he is pushing Comprehensive Illegal Alien/Employer Amnesty back to sometime next year. The problem for Open Border Lobby Advocates (destroyers of American Sovereignty) is that the USA has elections next year and this Comprehensive Amnesty Bullony will become a very hot topic indeed, which is making many Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals 'and' their unscrupulous employers very nervous. Obama and Sotamayor are on the same page as Kennedy/McCain/Bush (2007 bill crashed and burned) in the Open Borders Lobby Agenda Department ‘and’ this judge’s ‘latina’ tendencies will become very useful in cramming Comprehensive Illegal Amnesty down the throats of the opposition.

All of this 'racist' talk is a smokescreen to cover the fact that Obama's 'latina' appointment is a Left Wing Gun Control Activist (Fox News Story and story) who believes the Second Amendment applies to militias and 'not' U.S. Citizens (more stories). Remember that Eric Holder (Attorney General = story) is another Obama appointee representing a direct assault against our Second Amendment Rights to keep and bear arms, because any method of ‘Gun Control’ (His Agenda) is what Senor Obama is all about. Obama is pushing Anti-Gun Treaty in the Senate (story), because he is a Left Wing Fascist (like Hitler) preparing the USA for the reality of Martial Law (my thread).

GL,

Terral

she is racist.....she belives a latin woman can make better decisions than a white man.....

she is the definition of racist.....

Corporate interests posing as a grassroots conservative group are behind attacks on President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, a RAW STORY investigation has found.

The Committee for Justice (CFJ), an astroturf group established by big business in July 2002 to create an appearance of popular support for President Bush’s judicial nominees, is now leading the effort to oppose the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the US Supreme Court.

CFJ’s Executive Director Curt Levey has been sending out press releases and making media appearances to promote the theme that Sotomayor is racist and biased in her rulings, drawing his talking points largely from a speech in which she suggested that when it came to race and sex discrimination cases, it was possible that “a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences … would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”

“It’s pretty disturbing,” Levey told The Hill. “It’s one thing to say that occasionally a judge will despite his or her best efforts to be impartial … allow occasional biases to cloud impartiality. But it’s almost like she’s proud that her biases and personal experiences will cloud her impartiality.”

CFJ was created at the urging of former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MO) – who has himself been plagued by allegations of racism.

Karl Rove has mastered the art of attack. BUT, this is not an easy person to attack, because she's latino and a woman.

So, to counter anyone calling the GOP racist, the first step is for them to call her a racist. That null and voids anyone in the future who might call them racist for attacking her.

They did the same thing to Obama. Call him a racist first and then his camp can't call them racist.

Karl Rove has mastered the art of attack. BUT, this is not an easy person to attack, because she's latino and a woman.

So, to counter anyone calling the GOP racist, the first step is for them to call her a racist. That null and voids anyone in the future who might call them racist for attacking her.

They did the same thing to Obama. Call him a racist first and then his camp can't call them racist.
when you show signs of racism, you will get called a racist
she and obama both have
deal with it asshole

or maybe both Obama and Sotomayor ARE racist. Ever consider that idea, Mr. Wright?

care

It it could be that the racist label is once again being thrown around lightly?
Too many people are quick to yell "racist" (Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton)....and I think this is yet another case. Ethnicity is not race and not all ethnic pride is racism.

or maybe both Obama and Sotomayor ARE racist. Ever consider that idea, Mr. Wright?

I know too much to fall for your right wing tricks.

Forum List

Back