"Corporations are people my friend"

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

You can't be surprised as the knee-jerk reaction of the anti-business, anti-success jerks, Whitey.

No matter what Romney says, they will gasp, cover their mouth with the back of their hand, and pretend to have he vapors.

"Unless things change and Obama can run on accomplishments, he will have to kill Romney."http://spectator.org/blog/2011/08/09/kill-romney#

What's the difference between corporations and unions?

Both are groups of people working towards a common purpose.

Yet the left sees unions as good, and corporations as evil.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Good point.

Labor union - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

labor union

: an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions

Would it be so outrageous to say "Unions are people"? Yes, it is an organization too. But its funny how we don't hear the rabid liberals wanting to define unions as greedy political entities.

In context, Romney didn't say, "Unions are people my friend". Of course, since you hate union workers - and we won't speak of how irrational that hate is - you need to spin the thread into a partisan attack on working people. People who hope to better provide for themselves and their families by collectively bargining for some of the profit companies, corporations and whole industries earn as a result of the labor of their employees.

This just goes to show how detached liberals are from reality, especially the business world.

To liberals corporations are huge evil entities that only care about making money. The people that run them are not human beings, they are monsters.

I don't hate corporations. I hate how a lot of them have thrown their money at congress in order to get their way and congress is listening to them because those corporations are lining their pockets with money. That's what you call corporatism. The government and corporations were never meant to be so closely intertwined and it's killing this country. Congress is no longer working of for the people, it's working for the corporations. That's what I hate.

Unions do the exact same thing. Do you think Congress should not work for them too?

I don't see what the big deal is if people join groups that can represent them in Washington. Its not like Congress members have the ability to listen to millions of separate individuals. People always attack "special interest groups", yet most people belong to one at the same time.

This just goes to show how detached liberals are from reality, especially the business world.

To liberals corporations are huge evil entities that only care about making money. The people that run them are not human beings, they are monsters.

I don't hate corporations. I hate how a lot of them have thrown their money at congress in order to get their way and congress is listening to them because those corporations are lining their pockets with money. That's what you call corporatism. The government and corporations were never meant to be so closely intertwined and it's killing this country. Congress is no longer working of for the people, it's working for the corporations. That's what I hate.

1. "I hate how a lot of them have thrown their money at congress..."
Your ire is sadly misplaced.

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees is now the biggest outside spender of the 2010 elections, thanks to an 11th-hour effort to boost Democrats that has vaulted the public-sector union ahead of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and a flock of new Republican groups in campaign spending.
The 1.6 million-member AFSCME is spending a total of $87.5 million on the elections after tapping into a $16 million emergency account to help fortify the Democrats' hold on Congress. Last week, AFSCME dug deeper, taking out a $2 million loan to fund its push. The group is spending money on television advertisements, phone calls, campaign mailings and other political efforts, helped by a Supreme Court decision that loosened restrictions on campaign spending.
"We're the big dog," said Larry Scanlon, the head of AFSCME's political operations. "But we don't like to brag."
Public-Employees Union Is Now Campaign's Big Spender - WSJ.com

BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING - LABOR - Union Is Accused of Violations - Brief - NYTimes.com

The efforts of the Left are designed to make you think that Leftist money is somehow different from corporation's money. It is not.

2. "That's what you call corporatism."
Wrong.
Corporatism is the name for the efforts of Progressives to co-opt private industry to bend it to the will of big government....and important strategy for war-time.

A. Woodrow Wilson’s government intruded deep into the private sector in unprecedented ways is indisputable. It launched the effort, carried forward by FDR, of turning the economy into a “cooperative” enterprise where labor, business, and government sat around a table and made the decisions that effected everyone.

B. The propaganda of the New Deal (“malefactors of great wealth”) to the contrary, FDR imply endeavored to re-create the corporatism of the last war. The New Dealers invited one industry after another to write the codes under which they would be regulated. Even more aggressive, the National Recovery Administration forced industries to fix prices and in other ways to collude with one another: the NRA approved 557 basic and 189 supplementary codes, covering almost 95% of all industrial workers.

C. The intention was for big business to get bigger, and the little guy to be squeezed out: for example, the owners of the big chain movie houses wrote the codes that almost ran the independents out of business (even though 13,571 of the 18,321 movie theatres were independently owned). This in the name of ‘efficiency’ and ‘progress.’

D. New Deal bureaucrats studied Mussolini’s corporatism closely. From “Fortune” magazine: ‘The Corporate state is to Mussolini what the New Deal is to Roosevelt.’(July 1934)

Unions: worked to improve the lives of millions of Americans for over 100 years. Sucessfully changed our society to include laws against child labor, 40 hour workweek, weekends off, vaction time, health care, womens rights, work safety and many other society sustaining ideas.

Corporation: To seek to make a profit in the market.

Now If corporations are people then unions should be people too.

I think Unions are nicer people.

In context, Romney didn't say, "Unions are people my friend". Of course, since you hate union workers - and we won't speak of how irrational that hate is - you need to spin the thread into a partisan attack on working people. People who hope to better provide for themselves and their families by collectively bargining for some of the profit companies, corporations and whole industries earn as a result of the labor of their employees.

In theory that is what unions are supposed to do and that is what they are good for. But now unions are turning into a political machine soley for the Democrat Party.

Good point.

labor union

: an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions

Would it be so outrageous to say "Unions are people"? Yes, it is an organization too. But its funny how we don't hear the rabid liberals wanting to define unions as greedy political entities.
Corporate political donations: A subversion of the process. Should be illegal.

Union political donations: The willathapeepul. What made America great.

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

You can't be surprised as the knee-jerk reaction of the anti-business, anti-success jerks, Whitey.

No matter what Romney says, they will gasp, cover their mouth with the back of their hand, and pretend to have he vapors.

"Unless things change and Obama can run on accomplishments, he will have to kill Romney."http://spectator.org/blog/2011/08/09/kill-romney#

Obama need not 'kill' Romney (poor choice of a word, btw). Romney does a good job himself of hurting his chances at nomination/election. And, I suppose the attacks from the far right on Romney are benign in your opinion since they are not mentioned in your post.

Being pro labor does not equate with being anti-business or anti-success in any rational way. Give up on the hyperbole and inane partisan conclusions and you might one day achieve some credibility. As you are now perceived by all but the echo chamber as a troll, I suspect it will take a good long while to lose that moniker.

Unions: worked to improve the lives of millions of Americans for over 100 years. Sucessfully changed our society to include laws against child labor, 40 hour workweek, weekends off, vaction time, health care, womens rights, work safety and many other society sustaining ideas.

And if the corporation ceases to make profit then union members lose their jobs.

See how that works?

My goodness, you simply are a stupid little man.

I don't hate union workers. Very often, the union protects the incompetent, but I don't hate them.

(This is where you'll say, "Nuh-UH!! You do too! The stereotypes I bitterly cling to told me so!!)

But anyway, thanks for proving my point about leftist doublethink. :clap2:

And if the corporation ceases to make profit then union members lose their jobs.

See how that works?
No, she doesn't.

And we should tax unions at exactly the same rate we tax corporations.

Nope not true.

If all corporations were employee owned that would not be true.

Last edited:

And seriously... as to improving the lives of millions.. please tell me where you think the U.S. standard of living would be without corporations.

For profit Corprations have no other reason to exsist than to make money.

That means they can not be trusted to do the moral thing.

See how that works

And seriously... as to improving the lives of millions.. please tell me where you think the U.S. standard of living would be without corporations.

Why would anyone what there to be NO corporations?

Good point.

labor union

Corporate political donations: A subversion of the process. Should be illegal.

Union political donations: The willathapeepul. What made America great.

I suppose it was an accident but Daveboy finally posted something which makes sense (fall of my chair sense given the source). All political donations = attempts to bribe public officials and should not be tax deductible and should be declared ordinary income and taxed.

Any other effort to bribe a public official should be a felony (jobs for kids or spouses, future employment/promises, golf trips and super bowl tickets, the use of prostitutes and yachts, vacation homes and travel, etc. etc.) and both the giver and receiver should be place in Prison (not county jail) for a least one year and a day, denied the right to hold public office in the future and fined ten times the amount offered or accepted.

Oh, and Citizens United v. FEC ought to be revisited by the Supreme Court and the above laws should be approved as necessary (and hopefully sufficient) to make our representatives in the Congress and the White House represent all of the people, not simply those who can buy access.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back