Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
I have seen what corporations do to people, and what government does to people, and I would side with trusting government before I would ever trust a corporation.

Corporations don't care if people die. Whether it be a Katrina disaster or shutting off the electric power to families in the winter so they die of exposure. They want relaxed regulations so they can murder more people with their products cheaper. They have no use for repairing America, just raping it of its resources. The corporate way has made us a third world country.

Government on the other hand has regulated the corporate enemys, built and maintained America, taken care of its people to keep them safe from the harm of corporations & greed. They are the ones that made it possible for electricity, for sanitzed water sources, dams, freeways, space travel, internet, and support many of these corporations so you can buy almost anything your want from anywhere in the world.

So what is your take & reasoning?

I have seen what corporations do to people, and what government does to people, and I would side with trusting government before I would ever trust a corporation.

Corporations don't care if people die. Whether it be a Katrina disaster or shutting off the electric power to families in the winter so they die of exposure. They want relaxed regulations so they can murder more people with their products cheaper. They have no use for repairing America, just raping it of its resources. The corporate way has made us a third world country.

Government on the other hand has regulated the corporate enemys, built and maintained America, taken care of its people to keep them safe from the harm of corporations & greed. They are the ones that made it possible for electricity, for sanitzed water sources, dams, freeways, space travel, internet, and support many of these corporations so you can buy almost anything your want from anywhere in the world.

I have worked for both: USG 4-years military and 3 years as GS employee both hourly and salaried; Corporations two very large ones, RR Donnelly & Son's Co, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation. I found much less favoritism, and greater advancement for merit in the corporations. The very highest levels of both tend to suck.

And about caring if people die: Westinghouse was found responsible for allowing PCB's get outside their factory and into waste facilities and the local soil, but they honored their obligations to clean it up, collecting and safely burning many thousands of tons of soil, and setting up monitoring facilities to keep them in check.

Last edited:
Neither.

Also, since the biggest multi-national corporation in the world is known as "District of Columbia" (per a little known piece of legislation; 16 Stat, 419*), the question is not only a false dichotomy but it ignores the fact that gubmints are the source of all corporate privilege and power.

You might as well be asking people whether they trust Don Vito Corleone more, over Fat Clemenza and Sal Tessio.

* Established: Effective June 1, 1871, by an act of February 21, 1871 (16 Stat. 419), abolishing the Corporations of the City of Washington, DC, and Georgetown, DC, and the Levy Court of Washington County, DC; and replacing them with a municipal corporation known as the District of Columbia. Source: National Archives

OpEdNews - Article: U.S. Corporate Takeover... of the United States of America

I tend to trust corporations because their motive is profit, which is understandable. I know that if I can appeal to them on that basis I can deal with them honestly. I also know that the people who work for corporations understand this, and we can talk the same language.

Government is about power, and I cannot deliver any power to them. As a result government views me as insignificant. The people who work for government also understand this, and treat me as an inconvenience. We do not speak the same language.

If I thought you were serious, I'd debate you and eat your lunch..... but alas, all you want to do is demonize Conservatives, and praise big gov't.

Waste of my VALUABLE time..... thanks, but no thanks!

It would be nice to find someone that is willing to defend government honestly, wouldn't it?

Trust, in the long run. Neither. However the cooperation is much more predicable. We know what they want. Profits. It is much harder to guess what Government will do or fuck up next. :)

I don't trust either, what I do trust is true free markets which we don't have, unlike government, I can take my business from Business "A" to Business "B" if I was not satisfied with price or service, unlike government, I can sue a business that does me wrong, unlike government, I don't have to wait for years in hopes of change only to be disappointed;I can change immediately and unlike government, a business can't seize my assets or throw me in prison for not conforming to their wishes.

I have worked for both: USG 4-years military and 3 years as GS employee both hourly and salaried; Corporations two very large ones, RR Donnelly & Son's Co, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation. I found much less favoritism, and greater advancement for merit in the corporations. The very highest levels of both tend to suck.

At higher levels of the GS, you find rewards for merit, while lower echelon is regulated by time served, correct? I can think of a handful of CIA that got advancements under Bush. The Military is basicall a little of both. You have to have the time first, then the merit, before you advance. Of course there are exceptions for heroism that can can scoot you up the ladder.

And about caring if people die: Westinghouse was found responsible for allowing PCB's get outside their factory and into waste facilities and the local soil, but they honored their obligations to clean it up, collecting and safely burning many thousands of tons of soil, and setting up monitoring facilities to keep them in check.

I wonder if the clean up was due to government intervention and inspections?

Neither.

Also, since the biggest multi-national corporation in the world is known as "District of Columbia" (per a little known piece of legislation; 16 Stat, 419*), the question is not only a false dichotomy but it ignores the fact that gubmints are the source of all corporate privilege and power.

You might as well be asking people whether they trust Don Vito Corleone more, over Fat Clemenza and Sal Tessio.

* Established: Effective June 1, 1871, by an act of February 21, 1871 (16 Stat. 419), abolishing the Corporations of the City of Washington, DC, and Georgetown, DC, and the Levy Court of Washington County, DC; and replacing them with a municipal corporation known as the District of Columbia. Source: National Archives

OpEdNews - Article: U.S. Corporate Takeover... of the United States of America

This is all a good points. Still, corporations are out there on their own for the most part, and only those parts regulated are government controlled. The worms might be in the apple, but they haven't consumed it entirely, the full apple is not in the worms. :lol:

Government and corporations/special interests have been holding hands for years,it's not called crony capitalism just because it sounds good.

I tend to trust corporations because their motive is profit, which is understandable. I know that if I can appeal to them on that basis I can deal with them honestly. I also know that the people who work for corporations understand this, and we can talk the same language.

Government is about power, and I cannot deliver any power to them. As a result government views me as insignificant. The people who work for government also understand this, and treat me as an inconvenience. We do not speak the same language.

YOU are government. It is YOUR responsibility to run it. So if a corporation kills your family off with salmonella poison, you feel you can deal with them honestly? How about you lose an arm working for a corporation, will they treat you honestly? Did ENRON or EXXON treat it's employees and Americans in general honestly?

I trust the OP to be a complete ass at every opportunity.

When it comes to corporations or government, I trust neither.

Quantum beat me to it...

I'd rather trust a 'robber baron' than the gov., the robber baron and his motivation is a known quantity, the gov. is filled with pie n the sky ever changing slickmiesters who change like the wind.

God help us, all we need is some ethereal Utopian windbag controlling your life, you see they KNOW whats good for you...there is no reasoning with an ideologue who thinks they know whats better for you than you do.

Add to that; the government is the court of last resort, there is no one else to appeal to, what they say goes, period, end, full stop.....

YOU are government. It is YOUR responsibility to run it. So if a corporation kills your family off with salmonella poison, you feel you can deal with them honestly? How about you lose an arm working for a corporation, will they treat you honestly? Did ENRON or EXXON treat it's employees and Americans in general honestly?

Did the government treat the Vietnam veterans fairly? Did it deal with the vet who have Gulf War Syndrome honestly?

Trust me on this one, for every example of corporate misdeeds I can supply an example of government misdeeds, so tossing those out is a loosing proposition for you, governments have been along much longer than corporations, so I have a much larger pool to draw from.

I am not government, I am me. It is the responsibility of the government to stay out of my way, but thanks to idiots like you, they seem to think it is my responsibility to answer to them. I disagree, and as a result the government tends to not see me, or listen to me.

Thanks for playing though. It is too bad that Trajan was right about you, and that you are not honest.

Forum List

Back