Corporation Taxes

Corporate taxes are not state and local sales taxes. Who told you that?

What part did you not read - Verizion takes FEDERAL and state and county charges

Those are not corporate taxes. Do you think when you pay sales tax at the Walmart that's a corporate tax??

Walmart collects those taxes paid for by you, Walmart does not pay those taxes you do.
Corporations do the same thing.
All businesses collect taxes paid for by you the customer.
When Corp taxes go up it is passed on to you the customer.
When city & state government raise sales tax it is paid for by you.

What part did you not read - Verizion takes FEDERAL and state and county charges

Those are not corporate taxes. Do you think when you pay sales tax at the Walmart that's a corporate tax??

Walmart collects those taxes paid for by you, Walmart does not pay those taxes you do.
Corporations do the same thing.
All businesses collect taxes paid for by you the customer.
When Corp taxes go up it is passed on to you the customer.
When city & state government raise sales tax it is paid for by you.

So do you want to eliminate the corporate tax and raise your income taxes to make up the difference?

Oh Brother !!!!
No wonder our country is going to hell in a hand basket.
We really need an overhaul big big time in our education system

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

That is a nice simplistic rightwing talking point.

That wasn't my point! We have lost a great deal of businesses in America. We need to create an environment that encourages them to run their businesses here. Right now we discourage them.
I do not see how this is a right wing talking point, unless anything less than Marxism is right wing to you.

You have correctly illustrated how the fine is paid for when a corporation is fined.
How else would it be paid?
Who buys the corporations goods and services? The tooth fairy?

Yes... So it's your feeling that they should never be fined? Why should they have any bills at all?
No.
Bills are to other corporate entities or other providers of goods and services.
Who said no one should have or pay taxes?
I am informing you where the tax $ comes from. The taxes I pay come from my customers.
Where else would that $$ come from? Where else does any corporation get their $$.
On trees?

What other motivation could you have for positing that corporations don't pay taxes? :eusa_eh:

Yes I know how it works, I own a corporation as well. And the money comes from customers. Money for taxes, rent, cogs, and my salary and employees' salaries, all comes from customers.

But you never hear anyone argue "Corporations don't pay salaries. Corporations don't pay rent. Corporations don't pay for cogs. Customers do." As for "Corporations don't pay taxes," you hear that all the time. Why? What's the point, if you claim you're not arguing that they shouldn't pay taxes?

I agree only 50% of the county pays taxes. We should have at least 75% paying.
Like I have said in other posts, I think a fair sales tax would be good.
Get rid of the IRS and all of the tax laws.
We would have a heck of a lot more revenue coming in than 2.2 trillion.

Sales tax is regressive. Sorry, I can't jive with that, and you're going to find an overwhelming majority of the country agrees with me.

Yes... So it's your feeling that they should never be fined? Why should they have any bills at all?
No.
I am informing you where the tax $ comes from. The taxes I pay come from my customers.
Where else would that $$ come from? Where else does any corporation get their $$.
On trees?

What other motivation could you have for positing that corporations don't pay taxes? :eusa_eh:

Yes I know how it works, I own a corporation as well. And the money comes from customers. Money for taxes, rent, cogs, and my salary and employees' salaries, all comes from customers.

But you never hear anyone argue "Corporations don't pay salaries. Corporations don't pay rent. Corporations don't pay for cogs. Customers do." As for "Corporations don't pay taxes," you hear that all the time. Why? What's the point, if you claim you're not arguing that they shouldn't pay taxes?

If it will make you feel better I will tell you.
And none of those things other than taxes take my $$ and give it to someone else, a direct payment of my cash to them which now represents over 50% of the damn budget, for NOTHING in return. Salaries, rent, cogs, etc. that I pay for I ALWAYS GET SOMETHING IN RETURN FOR THOSE ITEMS. Taxes are never the same. Taxes ARE POLITICS 50% OF THE TIME.

No.
On trees?

If it will make you feel better I will tell you.
And none of those things other than taxes take my $$ and give it to someone else, a direct payment of my cash to them which now represents over 50% of the damn budget, for NOTHING in return. Salaries, rent, cogs, etc. that I pay for I ALWAYS GET SOMETHING IN RETURN FOR THOSE ITEMS. Taxes are never the same. Taxes ARE POLITICS 50% OF THE TIME.

Then make that argument if that's the way you feel; Not the nonsensical "Corporations don't pay taxes" line.

If people and corporations are the same, why incorporate?

Who said they are the same?

Umm, you did.

They are exactly the same thing to a business. I own 3 corporations.
NO business survives unless they collect ALL taxes from people.
Corporations are PEOPLE.
Every penny that a business is taxed on corporate earnings is a penny that the shareholders do not get.
Corporations never pay any taxes. People always pay taxes.
I know. I own 3 for 30 years.

I thought the taxes you pay come from your profits.

Yes it does. But when taxes are raised you have to charge more for the product you are selling in order to still have a profit.
So you the customer is paying for that raised tax.

I thought the taxes you pay come from your profits.

Yes it does. But when taxes are raised you have to charge more for the product you are selling in order to still have a profit.
So you the customer is paying for that raised tax.

The choices are not that many when your taxes are raised:

1. Cut expenditures to defray the extra cost. Many times this ends up costing somebody a job or fewer hours worked. Could also mean eventually shifting operations to a more tax friendly environment.

2. Raise prices. These days we're seeing a lot of prices going up, espeically food. Commodity prices go up, so the price of the product goes up. Same deal with taxes.

3. Some combo of #1 and #2.

4. Gov't subsidy or tax break.

5. Go out of business. There's gotta be enough reward at the end of the day, or investors will take their money elsewhere. Sometimes offshore. Business owners should be compensated for the risk they take and the hard work they do. If it ain't worth it, they'll find something else to do.

When you raise corp taxes, the consumer and the economy suffers. Why do you think every other developed country in the world is cutting corp taxes? EVERY FREAKIN' ONE OF THEM. We need to make the USA a lot more business-friendly, or we're going to end up as the next Japan.

Forum List

Back