Corporation Taxes

My business is an s corp so I need no explanation on taxes.

The original post mentioned federal state and local taxes that are charged to a customer saying that those taxes were being passed on to the consumer when they are not.

Those taxes mentioned in the original post are levied on the consumer not on the business. The business merely collects them for the government.

All businesses and corporations "merely collects them (taxes) for the government."
They never pay any taxes. My business pays no taxes. PEOPLE pay taxes.

semantics

Exactly. This is an INFAMOUS talking point for one Sean Hannity.

The fact that it's flatly untrue doesn't dissuade people from repeating it...

If you could make that argument for taxes, so could you make it for ANY bill a company pays.

You are obviously confused by the difference between taxes levied on corporate earnings and taxes levied on you but collected on behalf of the government by businesses

Your like some people who steal from stores and thinks that they are sticking it to the company. When in fact the company puts the loss on to the customer.
If they didn't they would go out of business. Same thing with corporation taxes. If they did not pass the tax on to the customer they would go out of business.
So when corporation taxes are raised , your montly bill goes up.

Yeah. Damn overbearing gubmint.

We should probably make corporations exempt from paying any sort of fines too, right? Cause they'll just pass that on to the customer too.

In fact, we should make sure they have no bills at all, right? Shouldn't the government pay their rent and utilities? Maybe even salaries? All those pesky bills are just "Being passed on to the consumer," right?

You have correctly illustrated how the fine is paid for when a corporation is fined.
How else would it be paid?
Who buys the corporations goods and services? The tooth fairy?

Your like some people who steal from stores and thinks that they are sticking it to the company. When in fact the company puts the loss on to the customer.
If they didn't they would go out of business. Same thing with corporation taxes. If they did not pass the tax on to the customer they would go out of business.
So when corporation taxes are raised , your montly bill goes up.

We should probably make corporations exempt from paying any sort of fines too, right? Cause they'll just pass that on to the customer too.

In fact, we should make sure they have no bills at all, right? Shouldn't the government pay their rent and utilities? Maybe even salaries? All those pesky bills are just "Being passed on to the consumer," right?

You have correctly illustrated how the fine is paid for when a corporation is fined.

Yes... So it's your feeling that they should never be fined? Why should they have any bills at all?

All businesses and corporations "merely collects them (taxes) for the government."

semantics

If you could make that argument for taxes, so could you make it for ANY bill a company pays.

I do not listen to and do not like Sean Hannity.
I speak for myself and my corporations.

Yes... So it's your feeling that they should never be fined? Why should they have any bills at all?
No.
Bills are to other corporate entities or other providers of goods and services.
Who said no one should have or pay taxes?
I am informing you where the tax $ comes from. The taxes I pay come from my customers.
Where else would that $$ come from? Where else does any corporation get their $$.
On trees?

semantics

Where does EVERY business and CORPORATION get every cent they make?
Where?

You are obviously confused by the difference between taxes levied on corporate earnings and taxes levied on you but collected on behalf of the government by businesses

They are exactly the same thing to a business. I own 3 corporations.
NO business survives unless they collect ALL taxes from people.
Corporations are PEOPLE.
Every penny that a business is taxed on corporate earnings is a penny that the shareholders do not get.
Corporations never pay any taxes. People always pay taxes.
I know. I own 3 for 30 years.

The original post mentioned federal state and local taxes that are charged to a customer saying that those taxes were being passed on to the consumer when they are not.

Those taxes mentioned in the original post are levied on the consumer not on the business. The business merely collects them for the government.

WHAT?
The very first part of my post says-
Corporations Collect Taxes they do not pay taxes.
Tell me where I said taxes were being passed on to the consumer.

Corporations do not pay taxes they collect taxes.
Look on any monthly bill that you get and you will see that you the customer is charged
Federal,State and county taxes.
So when Politicians say they want to raise Corporation Taxes that means your monthly bills will be going up.
Our tax laws require that Corporations do this.
Look at any of your monthly bills and you will see that as a customer you are charged for the taxes.
We have a lot of Politician's in Washington who do not understand this, mainly because they have never run a business.
The public themselves don't either. Many of us do not read the fine print on our monthly bills.
I know I didn't until the topic came up about raising the Corp. Tax. and then I looked into it more closely.
So don't be fooled by our Politician's into thinking that Corporations pay for taxes.
THEY DON'T !! YOU DO!!

So Skull tell me where I said taxes were being passed to the customer Hmmm?

If we actually had progresive taxation I'd be on board with no corporate taxes.

Of course capital gains would then also have to be treated exactly the same way as taxes on income, too.

You down with that?

Of course... progressive taxation championed by a leftist.. equal treatment by government when it benefits you, and support of unequal treatment by government when it benefits you

How about equal and flat % tax on all income on every dollar earned by every citizen... no exceptions??

You down with that??

No, I am not.

And if you give it a moments deeper thinking, I doubt you really are, too.

Let me give you two examples of why I doubt you want exactly what you proposed above, okay?

Do you not see why there ought to be a difference in rate of taxation on longer term capital gains V shorter term capital gains?

That's just one example of why your proposal isn't as "FAIR" as you seem to think it is.

And, are you proposing the same FLAT TAX on inheritances?

I doubt that was what you had in mind, was it?

I mean I totally understand why anybody wants a SIMPLER system of taxation. I agree that it IS too complex and there are far too many industry specific laws that are really nothing but gifts to the masters favorite industies, too. Those mostly need to go

But we do not have a simple economy, so imposing a childishly simple tax structure is foolish.

Last edited:
Businesses do not attempt to pass taxes. They do it period. They are required by law to do so.

Absolutely! All the taxes you pay with your utility bills are passed on to you as required, but they are not taxes levied on the corporation. They are taxes on services that you pay indirectly and the corporations pass on to government.
Taxes on corporate income are levied on the corporation and don't appear as a line item on your bill, but are figured as a cost of doing business and passed on to the consumer the same way they pass on labor and electricity.
We still pay it, but government doesn't mandate we do.

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

That is a nice simplistic rightwing talking point.

We have one of the highest in the world

Japan is the highest - 40.69% o
Cemeron is 2nd - 38.5%
We have 35% along with Zambia, Pakistan, Gabon, Angola and Argentina.
Technically we have the highest in the industrial world

Japan recently lowered their corporate tax rate to 35% and I assume you referred to Cameroon, a country of 20 million people with a notoriously inefficient tax collection system.

Japan is the highest - 40.69% o
Cemeron is 2nd - 38.5%

Japan recently lowered their corporate tax rate to 35% and I assume you referred to Cameroon, a country of 20 million people with a notoriously inefficient tax collection system.

That is the point I am making- Japan lowered theirs, ours should be lowered to around 22% and yes I meant Cameroon. Sorry typo error we all make them sometimes.
We have a very inefficient tax system and it needs to be changed.

If we actually had progresive taxation I'd be on board with no corporate taxes.

Of course capital gains would then also have to be treated exactly the same way as taxes on income, too.

You down with that?

Of course... progressive taxation championed by a leftist.. equal treatment by government when it benefits you, and support of unequal treatment by government when it benefits you

How about equal and flat % tax on all income on every dollar earned by every citizen... no exceptions??

You down with that??

No, I am not.

And if you give it a moments deeper thinking, I doubt you really are, too.

Let me give you two examples of why I doubt you want exactly what you proposed above, okay?

Do you not see why there ought to be a difference in rate of taxation on longer term capital gains V shorter term capital gains?

That's just one example of why your proposal isn't as "FAIR" as you seem to think it is.

And, are you proposing the same FLAT TAX on inheritances?

I doubt that was what you had in mind, was it?

I mean I totally understand why anybody wants a SIMPLER system of taxation. I agree that it IS too complex and there are far too many industry specific laws that are really nothing but gifts to the masters favorite industies, too. Those mostly need to go

But we do not have a simple economy, so imposing a childishly simple tax structure is foolish.

i am not for "fair".. "fair" is SUBJECTIVE... hence why we have this damn problem today, as well as the mantra of class warfare

I am proposing that income only be taxed once... no taxation on wealth... I believe in no inheritance tax, whatsoever... that inheritance has already been earned?? You for taxing children who get an allowance from their parents?? You SELL the estate, yes, tax that INCOME... You keep it in the family, give it to children or let the spouse keep the house or whatever else, that should NOT be taxed...

And what you fail to see is that there are FAR too many people not paying federal income tax at all

I agree only 50% of the county pays taxes. We should have at least 75% paying.
Like I have said in other posts, I think a fair sales tax would be good.
Get rid of the IRS and all of the tax laws.
We would have a heck of a lot more revenue coming in than 2.2 trillion.

Last edited:
Look on any monthly bill that you get and you will see that you the customer is charged
So when Politicians say they want to raise Corporation Taxes that means your monthly bills will be going up.
Look at any of your monthly bills and you will see that as a customer you are charged for the taxes.
We have a lot of Politician's in Washington who do not understand this, mainly because they have never run a business.
The public themselves don't either. Many of us do not read the fine print on our monthly bills.
I know I didn't until the topic came up about raising the Corp. Tax. and then I looked into it more closely.
So don't be fooled by our Politician's into thinking that Corporations pay for taxes.
THEY DON'T !! YOU DO!!

Corporate taxes are not state and local sales taxes. Who told you that?

What part did you not read - Verizion takes FEDERAL and state and county charges

Those are not corporate taxes. Do you think when you pay sales tax at the Walmart that's a corporate tax??

Yes our tax law needs to be changed. That will be the next discussion as to what type, fair or sales tax.

Unless you are very rich or very poor, the fair tax or national sales tax, if it is honest and collects the same amount of revenue as the current system,

will raise your taxes. Is that what you want?

They are exactly the same thing to a business. I own 3 corporations.
NO business survives unless they collect ALL taxes from people.
Corporations are PEOPLE.
Every penny that a business is taxed on corporate earnings is a penny that the shareholders do not get.
Corporations never pay any taxes. People always pay taxes.
I know. I own 3 for 30 years.

If your business pays no taxes then you shouldn't care what the corporate tax rate is.

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

Japan is the highest - 40.69%
Cemeron is 2nd - 38.5%

Most of the rest of the industrialized world has a VAT tax, that we don't have.

THEY DON'T !! YOU DO!!

That line implies that a business is charging the consumer for its taxes. If there is a line on a bill that is labeled Federal, State or Local taxes then those taxes are NOT levied on the business but rather on the consumer. In those cases the business is not passing its tax burden on to the consumer.

The taxes levied on businesses and passed on to you are not itemized in the billing statements.

Forum List

Back