corporate treason from within

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
news link

(CNN) -- Federal authorities in Camden, New Jersey, charged seven people Thursday with conspiring to sell military technology to China.

The defendants were arrested Thursday morning at their homes or offices and were scheduled to appear during the afternoon in federal court in Camden.

Prosecutors allege that the seven violated U.S. export laws by selling defense weapons systems, including radar, smart weapons, electronic warfare and communications.

All the suspects are employees or officers at Universal Technologies Inc. and Manten Electronics, both of Mount Laurel, New Jersey.

One complaint involved Universal Technologies President Teng Fang Li, Vice President Zhonghe Ji, and employee Ronge Tong.

A second complaint charged Manten President Xu Weibo, purchasing agent Xiu Ling Chen, Vice President Hao Li Chen and company controller Kwan Chun Chan.

Five of the defendants are naturalized U.S. citizens and two are legal permanent residents.

The charges stem from an 18-month investigation that involved the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Department of Commerce.

They are charged with conspiracy, wire fraud and violation of the Export Administration Act.

The export violations carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $1 million fine. Each count of conspiracy and wire fraud carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
damn, that's good they caught them.. wonder how much china continues to steal though?
Everything and the kitchen sink.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Watch it, Insein. DK took me to task for attempting a diversionary tactic. :D

I find it convenient that they don't mention when the exports occurred.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I find it convenient that they don't mention when the exports occurred.

very curious indeed. but besides the point. keep investigating. find the evidence, then convict of treason if necessary.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
very curious indeed. but besides the point. keep investigating. find the evidence, then convict of treason if necessary.

agreed.

Forum List

Back