Corporate taxes suffocate growth.

You know, I wonder if the other great civilizations had regressives like this in their midst.
our genius Founders gave the federal govt a few enumerated powers and left huge remainder of powers to people and states. This created the greatest country in human history by far. Do you understand freedom at all?

James Madison: "The government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specific objectives. It is not like state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government."

)James Madison in Federalist paper NO. 45: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce."

all i hear from the right wing, is "lip service".

that's all the left wing has as well

when you grow up you might realize that
California legalized pot. Only national social, right wing States have a problem with the goodness of Marijuana.

several red states have legal medical marijuana it's only a matter of time before pot is legal in all states

Why do you believe that having more kids smoking and eating marijuana is a grand idea?

Why do you want to tell people what to do with their lives?

Where did I do that? English...is that a second language?

Again.... Why do you believe that having more kids smoking and eating marijuana is a grand idea?

But, why should corporations pay taxes in the first place? Who actually pays those taxes.

It's like asking who pays for the cost of the new Ford car you buy. Liberals are actually so stupid they have no idea they pay the metal cost and the tax cost built into the price they pay for the Ford.

What do we expect when liberalism is legal in America. They look at East /West Germany and say lets be like East Germany. Democracy cant survive when liberals are allowed to vote.

I believe Progressives know they pay all the costs of building the car. I also believe that they think corporate taxes somehow come out of the "owners" pocket. I really do not comprehend that thinking.

But it is only false economy. It doesn't make a difference if a nominal corporate head office is in your country or not. The Cayman Islands have minimum 20 international corporate head offices at each of their postal addresses. Operations will go elsewhere, they always go where labor is exchanged the cheapest.

The meaning of corporate tax reduction is explained in one of the above posts, where it is derived how it encourages taking profits instead of investing.

Like I said, corporate tax reduction is good for moving around portfolio cash, and bad for labor / investment. In America, where the currency is the same dollar as the Cayman Islands accounts, the large institutional investors have it in their interest to cut corporate taxes, for the above reason.

In Ireland, it is just a game, the next administration may change the tax rate up, then within the same day, those corporate headquarters will leave and set up shop elsewhere.

That's not what I wrote. My point about the effects of the bush tax cuts stands.

Please explain specifically how a corporate tax reduction is BAD FOR LABOR AND INVESTMENT.

Luckily, Winston has explained this here to everyone in post #25 of this thread, so I don't have to. Read his post. In short, the less money is left in businesses, the less labor they hire. And taking profits is not investing. Like I said, Reaganian woodoo economics again. But let me blow your cover. You want lower corporate taxes because you live on some retirement portfolio instead of work. This corporate tax reduction nonsense is popular in America because the number of retirees there is higher than working people.

Hmmm, okay, let me give you a more civilized reply. The example of "investing" under reduced corporate tax went like this in post #25. Your corporation has $100 and can make a reasonable $7 profit. The tax is 40 %. So you can pocket $60 now instead of rolling dices for $7 in the future. Now if the tax goes down to 10 %, you pocket $90. The corporation loses the $100 with 50 pt% higher likelihood under the reduced tax. So labor and operations are toast.
What is the actual effective tax rate of firms?

Maybe, they are just capital slackers. Don't firms get to write off, labor costs; unlike Labor.

Taxes are paid on the net income. Just as you get deductions and are taxed on your net income. But, why should corporations pay taxes in the first place? Who actually pays those taxes.

the Persons best able to hire entire departments to help them with rational choice theory or fill out corporate welfare forms in triplicate? why is there a personal income tax.

What the heck does that first sentence even mean?

As for the second, it is because it is we, the citizen, who is paying for services.

that's all the left wing has as well

when you grow up you might realize that
California legalized pot. Only national social, right wing States have a problem with the goodness of Marijuana.

several red states have legal medical marijuana it's only a matter of time before pot is legal in all states

Why do you believe that having more kids smoking and eating marijuana is a grand idea?

Why do you want to tell people what to do with their lives?

Where did I do that? English...is that a second language?

Again.... Why do you believe that having more kids smoking and eating marijuana is a grand idea?

I never said it was a grand idea
I don't judge it at all

I just don't care what other people do and I don't beieve I have any right to tell them what they should or should not do.

Forum List

Back