Corporate taxation

Personally I think corporations should not be taxed. Keeps jobs within our borders. Allows corporations to hire more employees. Besides corporations only subsidize what they are taxed with higher product prices and lower employee compensation. Take away the taxes and you will lower prices and improve the economic outlook and boost employment. ANDDD the most important thing we need, keep jobs in the U. S. of A

I agree with you, much to mine own reluctance. My opinion is formed based on my other opinion that a corporation should not have the rights of a human being. They go hand in hand, if a corporation is denied the right to contribute in the voting process and there ability to lobby is limited, then they should pay no taxes.

In return though owners will be subject to the same tax code as workers. All income will fall into the same catagory, be it capital gains or otherwise. No loopholes at all, no deductions for any reason, for anyone. And owners should be made financially responsable for actions of the corporation.

You just need to know more about how corporations are taxed. I couldn't begin to instruct you on everything you don't know. It would take a very long time and waste a lot of bandwidth. You really do need to read up on it.

Ive owned a business before bucko, your not gonna tell me anything I dont already know.

I agree with you, much to mine own reluctance. My opinion is formed based on my other opinion that a corporation should not have the rights of a human being. They go hand in hand, if a corporation is denied the right to contribute in the voting process and there ability to lobby is limited, then they should pay no taxes.

In return though owners will be subject to the same tax code as workers. All income will fall into the same catagory, be it capital gains or otherwise. No loopholes at all, no deductions for any reason, for anyone. And owners should be made financially responsable for actions of the corporation.

You just need to know more about how corporations are taxed. I couldn't begin to instruct you on everything you don't know. It would take a very long time and waste a lot of bandwidth. You really do need to read up on it.

Ive owned a business before bucko, your not gonna tell me anything I dont already know.

But you don't know very much about corporations. A business and a corporation are not necessarily synonomous. Otherwise you wouldn't wonder why corporations are considered legal persons. You'd know why. You would also know that the income to corporations is already double taxed unless they elect a Subchapter S designation and have only a couple of officers. You'd know that. You would also know the reasons why corporate officers are already subject to criminal liability for corporate wrongdoing. You would also know that the biggest tax credit given to corporations are tax already paid tax credits.

Now you might already know all these things. From your post it appeared that you just had no idea what was going on in corporations, or their structure.

I think we need to cut back as many taxes as possible in the country right now. Let corporations and citizens breath for a year or two. Let the economy thrive with a marketplace that is not throttled by regulations and taxes. Let us grow. Then we can see where this country is and see what needs to be done. You cannot get out of Debt by spending more money. However you can get out by MAKING more money. And to do this the government needs to turn us all loose.

You don't think that. You have been told that...and you bought it. Not the same thing.

I think we need to cut back as many taxes as possible in the country right now. Let corporations and citizens breath for a year or two. Let the economy thrive with a marketplace that is not throttled by regulations and taxes. Let us grow. Then we can see where this country is and see what needs to be done. You cannot get out of Debt by spending more money. However you can get out by MAKING more money. And to do this the government needs to turn us all loose.

You don't think that. You have been told that...and you bought it. Not the same thing.

Actually, no. I have been taught basic economic and political ideals. No one has told me this. Sure they have given me information and evidence, but I arrived to this conclusion alone. No media head or acquaintance tells me what to think.

Actually, no. I have been taught basic economic and political ideals. No one has told me this. Sure they have given me information and evidence, but I arrived to this conclusion alone. No media head or acquaintance tells me what to think.

I did notice one thing that you thought of all by yourself. You said that the upper 1 or 10% are being asked to pay more taxes to fund services that they don't use as much as poor people. That was such an inaccurate thing to say, that I will not give credit for it to FOX and talk radio. But.....everything else you just said here.......straight on talking points, bro. Give credit where due, please.

I did notice one thing that you thought of all by yourself. You said that the upper 1 or 10% are being asked to pay more taxes to fund services that they don't use as much as poor people. That was such an inaccurate thing to say, that I will not give credit for it to FOX and talk radio. But.....everything else you just said here.......straight on talking points, bro. Give credit where due, please.

What Federal Programs do the rich use? Truthful question. No backhand

well go me cause I don't watch fox or talk radio. lol. I do watch the Colbert Report lol. And Political Debates. I may have gotten it from a debate tho.

Wait. This is a serious question?

Is someone out there funnin' with me?

well go me cause I don't watch fox or talk radio. lol. I do watch the Colbert Report lol. And Political Debates. I may have gotten it from a debate tho.

You don't listen to talk radio?

I mean past all the obvious defense, judicial, stuff like that. I mean honestly. Do the rich have any special programs?

You don't listen to talk radio?

Clark Howard. Does that count? haha.

But you don't know very much about corporations. A business and a corporation are not necessarily synonomous. Otherwise you wouldn't wonder why corporations are considered legal persons. You'd know why. You would also know that the income to corporations is already double taxed unless they elect a Subchapter S designation and have only a couple of officers. You'd know that. You would also know the reasons why corporate officers are already subject to criminal liability for corporate wrongdoing. You would also know that the biggest tax credit given to corporations are tax already paid tax credits.

Now you might already know all these things. From your post it appeared that you just had no idea what was going on in corporations, or their structure.

Who cares? I mean are you really trying to draw me into a pissing contest on who knows more about corporations??? Im just not interested, and I dont think it has anything to do with post or what I said.

I mean past all the obvious defense, judicial, stuff like that. I mean honestly. Do the rich have any special programs?

So......it wasn't a serious question. Good.

If nothing else........taking it to the extreme outer reaches.....rich people benefit from having healthy and well fed poor people around them as opposed to unhealthy, starving poor people. Thus....social programs that benefit poor people---also benefit wealthy people.

InTheMiddle::

Good thread. This should be thought thru. There's nothing wrong with taking tax credits that are handed out by the GOVT -- but the GOVT shouldn't subsidizing things that are already engineered and on the market. Because ---

1) It tends to INFLATE the price of the product. The company that makes the fancy disposal is NOT gonna pass on the amount of the credit to BizCorp when they spring for one.

2) The GOVT maybe intentionally or inadvertently blocking competition in that market by subsizing ONE WAY of acheiving the result to the detriment of others.

3) The GOVT will then become a target of lobbying and campaign cash to MAINTAIN that subsidy even when the utility of "stimulating" that market is gone.

4) GOVT is notoriously bad with keeping up with technology. They do not know what new products are coming in the labs of corporations. For instance -- they are banning incandescents at a time when the lighting market is about to go from the hated CFL bulbs to LEDs. Money poured into CFLs as subsidies and credits (which I KNOW is a temporary technology) goes wasted. Simply because the GOVT timing is off.

Plenty of other good reasons why the GOVT shouldn't be picking winners/losers in products that already exist. Doesn't apply to GOVT funded R&D as much. In that case, money is used TO CREATE new products and bizs.

The other issue of asking how this applies to welfare handouts is pretty obvious. As you know, there are always strings attached to GOVT handouts. They may kick you out of Sec 8 housing for violations of rules, they might demand drug testing, ect --- It is NOT the same as charity and compassion is NOT the goal. It's also OK to take the welfare when it is offered, but be prepared for the strings. So we should NEVER as a society believe that GOVT welfare is superior to the compassion and one on one counseling that comes from charity, local poverty groups and churches. But they're not gonna nag you about what cheese you buy with your WIC card.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back