Corporate taxation this century

Sactowndog

VIP Member
Jul 4, 2011
With Global capital markets and Multinational corporations it is time to realize that taxing Corporate income is a pointless exercise. With internal transfer pricing I can move profit and loss to anywhere in the world where I so chose.

In addition, I think I may be improving my capital stock by limiting capital gains tax however nothing is stopping that capital stock from investing in Singapore, China or Brazil. I have provided preferred tax rates for no national benefit and it only benefits the wealthy investor.

So the only tax system that makes sense with these new realities is to treat corporations like any investment vehicles and stop taxing Corporate income. They only people we get with a corporate income tax is the small business person who is struggling to get capital to grow.

Since Corporate income is no longer taxed the double taxation argument is invalidated. We should tax capital gains and dividends at the rate of income.

Lastly we should pay attention to and tax Corporate Cash Flow that is taken out of our economy. If the company takes in 10B in cash in revenues and investment returns and uses 10B in cash in expenditures, dividends and investments. Then no tax is incurred. If the company is shifting cash outside our borders than a 20% tax would be incurred.

This shift should be the main plank of the Democratic party. Why it isn't only speaks to their lack of business experience.

Last edited:
No it speaks to how owned our governmnet is by these interests

Both sides democratic and republican. Our current tax code favors wealth but doesn't really favor jobs like the current one I provided.

The Democrats need to push a tax reform that is favorable to jobs.

Forum List

Back