Corporate Surveillance Of People's Private Lives

SmarterThanYou said:
then what we need to do is differentiate between a corporation as a public entity(which had no rights til a supreme court ruling around 10-20 years ago) and a corporation as a privately owned venture. Further, If a corporation called 'Baptist specialties inc.' were to specify that they would only hire baptists then this could be understandable. But IBM or Verizon couldn't and shouldn't be allowed to fire a person because they celebrate sam hain by pretending to ride around on a broom on Oct 31 when it doesn't affect their work performance and they don't do it on national tv.

Once again, it was based on the premise of the corporation. However a Corporation that is publicly traded subjects itself to the will of the shareholders and likely would no longer be a "Christian-only" Corporation once publicly traded. However if they remained just such a corporation, even if they were publicly traded rules could be set on who they can hire. They just could not be a Government Contractor.

Smart one ,
It is very simple , don't work for that company .Instead , start a competing company and put the asswipe out of business . I refuse to work for some one that makes me piss in a cup , I work for myself .I may not make the same money that a person that licks Donald Trump's ass makes . . . but I enjoy what I do , I can look myself in the mirror and I can perform my job while getting as drunk as I want .
But even with those freedoms I still need to present myself in a way that makes people pay attention to my work rather than me and therefore need to follow the rules of the golf courses I work on if I want to continue doing what I do. Luckily , I don't really enjoy getting drunk as I did when I was a kid so I don't drive golf carts into lakes .
Even when you work for yourself , you aren't really working for yourself. Movie stars and entertainment people , including athletes , have to follow rules(stated or not) in order to keep what they have . The Dixie shits have to live with the fact that they alienated a huge percentage of their fans by using their right to free speech , it definitely hurt their popularity .Entertainers are basically salespeople selling themselves and few can get away with doing anything they want . Even someone as popular as Tiger Woods can't come out and say he hates white people and continue to get the support he now has .
I'm sure this post has gone all over the place but hopefully I got my point across. By the way , I like my hair long too but I will be getting it cut shorter for a meeting I will be having with someone that can give me the work I love for the next few years. . .the sacrifices of life.

Forum List

Back