Corporate Primacy Causes People Poverty

You get profits by serving people. It's not an eithor/or choice.

Who are you "serving" when you inherit money? Or..when you make money from investing?

Inheritances isn't profit, and when you make money from investing you serve everyone who is employed by the companies you invest in and their customers.

Are libturds really this stupid?

No you don't.

You really shouldn't post this kind of crap if you don't understand how the market works..

Who are you "serving" when you inherit money? Or..when you make money from investing?

Since when is an inheritance profit?

And you serve quite a number of people investing

You serve the people who own the business your investing in by providing capital for them to use to grow the business.

You serve the customers/clients of the business you are investing in because they use your investment to provide those customers/clients with goods and services they need in order to make a living.

You serve the employees of the business by providing the business with funds to hire employees to serve the needs of customers and clients.

You serve your family, the business owner's family, the employees family, and the customer/client's families by providing money for the investment.

Are you seriously this naive about how business works?

Another one who's confused about the stock market.

dear fuck hole.

No see how that works.

I dont have to doi what you tell me to do.

i spent a whole year on here not insulting people and do you knopw what it got me?>

more abuse than before.

Im not here to make you happy.

Im here to force you to swallow facts or look like the fucking idiots you are.

Most of you perfer to just keep looking like idiots.

Its for your won good.

Leo W. Gerard: Corporate Primacy Causes People Poverty

For all the fancy talk in Ohio on Thursday, it comes down to this: Do Americans want a government of the people by the people for the people, one conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal? Or do Americans want a government of the corporations by the corporations for the corporations, one dedicated to the proposition that the rich are better than everyone else?

For the rich, like Mitt Romney, the proposition that they are better than everyone else is a given. Romney believes that he, the son of a wealthy car company executive and governor, the youth who attended exclusive private schools and wallowed in every privilege, is a self-made man.

That is basic Republican philosophy: Every wealthy person and every successful corporation achieved that all by themselves. They didn't inherit; they didn't benefit from taxpayer-funded infrastructure like roads, schools and patent enforcement; there was no luck involved. They achieved it alone by virtue of their own grit, hard work and dedication.
Anyone can do it, the GOP believes, if they would just buckle down, work hard and follow all the rules. As a result, in Republican world, anyone who isn't rich has only himself to blame.

Therefore, in GOP-logic, the poor and middle class are inferior beings. Government should not serve them. The government, Republicans think, should bow to the successful, who earned service. The government must not, according to the GOP, reward shiftlessness by providing benefits to middle class scallywags who have failed to do what it takes to get rich.This doctrine of primacy for corporations and the 1 percent has set back the middle class. And the nation's economy. Middle class income has stagnated. Meanwhile, the wealth of the top 1 percent and corporations has skyrocketed, so that now as much wealth is concentrated at the top as was during the robber-baron age immediately before the Great Depression.

Well fucking said!

What a load of horseshit.

dear fuck hole.

No see how that works.

I dont have to doi what you tell me to do.

i spent a whole year on here not insulting people and do you knopw what it got me?>

more abuse than before.

Im not here to make you happy.

Im here to force you to swallow facts or look like the fucking idiots you are.

Most of you perfer to just keep looking like idiots.

Its for your won good.

So why would anyone believe you care about people when you treat them so poorly and when you are here just to gratify your own pride? Which is ironic since you make yourself look foolish.

For all the fancy talk in Ohio on Thursday, it comes down to this: Do Americans want a government of the people by the people for the people, one conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal? Or do Americans want a government of the corporations by the corporations for the corporations, one dedicated to the proposition that the rich are better than everyone else?

For the rich, like Mitt Romney, the proposition that they are better than everyone else is a given. Romney believes that he, the son of a wealthy car company executive and governor, the youth who attended exclusive private schools and wallowed in every privilege, is a self-made man.

That is basic Republican philosophy: Every wealthy person and every successful corporation achieved that all by themselves. They didn't inherit; they didn't benefit from taxpayer-funded infrastructure like roads, schools and patent enforcement; there was no luck involved. They achieved it alone by virtue of their own grit, hard work and dedication.
Anyone can do it, the GOP believes, if they would just buckle down, work hard and follow all the rules. As a result, in Republican world, anyone who isn't rich has only himself to blame.

Therefore, in GOP-logic, the poor and middle class are inferior beings. Government should not serve them. The government, Republicans think, should bow to the successful, who earned service. The government must not, according to the GOP, reward shiftlessness by providing benefits to middle class scallywags who have failed to do what it takes to get rich.This doctrine of primacy for corporations and the 1 percent has set back the middle class. And the nation's economy. Middle class income has stagnated. Meanwhile, the wealth of the top 1 percent and corporations has skyrocketed, so that now as much wealth is concentrated at the top as was during the robber-baron age immediately before the Great Depression.

Well fucking said!

To be fair, horse crap probably smells better.

Not that my experience is exhaustive but I've been close enough to the top of several major corporations to see the machinations. It almost always gets real douchy, real quick at that level.

Spent my career in GE Management and Management Consulting, including Booz Allen Hamilton. It is douchy, but that doesn't contradict they don't have the power to shut down their competition with guns or force you to buy their product. And politicians are every bit as douchy if not more ... and they do have the power to shut down their competition with guns and force you to buy their product. So logic would dictate...

Over the last 30 years, "greed is good" has become the unofficial mantra of the corporate elite. However, in government, we still expect our public servants to act with some integrity. They don't always do but when they're caught, there's some level of dishonor. Not so much in the corporate world. They wear the douche label with a certain amount of pride. I think that's sad and the reason I have so little respect for a growing number of them.

Well fucking said!

I've managed loads of horseshit before and I prefer the smell to this aroma of this OP...
:eek:

Not that my experience is exhaustive but I've been close enough to the top of several major corporations to see the machinations. It almost always gets real douchy, real quick at that level.

Spent my career in GE Management and Management Consulting, including Booz Allen Hamilton. It is douchy, but that doesn't contradict they don't have the power to shut down their competition with guns or force you to buy their product. And politicians are every bit as douchy if not more ... and they do have the power to shut down their competition with guns and force you to buy their product. So logic would dictate...

Over the last 30 years, "greed is good" has become the unofficial mantra of the corporate elite. However, in government, we still expect our public servants to act with some integrity. They don't always do but when they're caught, there's some level of dishonor. Not so much in the corporate world. They wear the douche label with a certain amount of pride. I think that's sad and the reason I have so little respect for a growing number of them.

Can anyone who supports Obama honestly claim they expect our public servants to act with integrity?

profits or people.

which do yo think is more important to the US people?

Who are you "serving" when you inherit money?

Inheritance isn't "profit" in the sense the question was asked.

Or..when you make money from investing?

Man, the hatred of capitalism from the left. What about the people who have jobs in the company you work for? What about their customers who benefit from the products and services they offer? You really hate "corporations" don't you? Evil profit. And yet you support the party that wants control of the money, all of it, then pats themselves on the back for not caring about it. Simply delusional.

The idea of the OP is so stupid it's not worth debating. US-business and then you have USSR, Cuba, EasternBloc, all of which sucked economically UNTIL they got rid of communism. These guys kill me.
Hell Cuba was much better under the mafia, then under Castro.

Since when is an inheritance profit?

And you serve quite a number of people investing

You serve the people who own the business your investing in by providing capital for them to use to grow the business.

You serve the customers/clients of the business you are investing in because they use your investment to provide those customers/clients with goods and services they need in order to make a living.

You serve the employees of the business by providing the business with funds to hire employees to serve the needs of customers and clients.

You serve your family, the business owner's family, the employees family, and the customer/client's families by providing money for the investment.

Are you seriously this naive about how business works?

Another one who's confused about the stock market.

What you know about the stock market could be written in crap on one sheet of toilet paper.

Truth cares so much about people, he wants everyone to have the life of a serf. gee thanks, but I'll pass

Forum List

Back