Corporate Primacy Causes People Poverty

corporate

Liberals crack me up with the "corporate" bogey man. Businesses are people. But you put the word "corporate" and then it turns in your shallow minds into Nightmare on Elm Street. Businesses can't make you do business with them, government can. Businesses can't use the force of guns, government can. But government you trust, and business is the bogey man.

Common argument but it's not true. You use the product of countless corporations you've never even heard of because they produce items that are needed by the ones you're aware of.

Let me get this straight Joe. You're claiming that because corporations produce their goods and services using the goods and services of other corporations, it is not true that "Businesses can't make you do business with them, government can. Businesses can't use the force of guns, government can."

You're saying businesses CAN force us to transact with them...or are you saying government cannot?

That in a nutshell sums it all up.

Ok, since liberals are crazy, explain to me why this is a burn, he had some luck, ok, he used roads like everyone else, ok, he inherited money, ok (never see the kennedys ripped about that one). So tell me why I should care about that?

There's saying that's popular within the conservative community that goes: correlation does not equal causation. I think it's ironic that they never apply this concept to the correlation between effort and reward. Once the minimum level of effort is exerted, success becomes as much a function of luck and timing as it is of talent and dedication.

That's fucking ridiculous.

Once the minimum level of effort is exerted, success becomes as much a function of luck and timing as it is of talent and dedication.

And there you have it folks, the dumbest statement of the day. That's not easy on this board. Congrats.

:eek:

Once the minimum level of effort is exerted, success becomes as much a function of luck and timing as it is of talent and dedication.

And there you have it folks, the dumbest statement of the day. That's not easy on this board. Congrats.

You're confused eflat....

Joe was just explaining his USMB posting philosophy!!!!
:clap2:

Leo W. Gerard: Corporate Primacy Causes People Poverty

For all the fancy talk in Ohio on Thursday, it comes down to this: Do Americans want a government of the people by the people for the people, one conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal? Or do Americans want a government of the corporations by the corporations for the corporations, one dedicated to the proposition that the rich are better than everyone else?

For the rich, like Mitt Romney, the proposition that they are better than everyone else is a given. Romney believes that he, the son of a wealthy car company executive and governor, the youth who attended exclusive private schools and wallowed in every privilege, is a self-made man.

That is basic Republican philosophy: Every wealthy person and every successful corporation achieved that all by themselves. They didn't inherit; they didn't benefit from taxpayer-funded infrastructure like roads, schools and patent enforcement; there was no luck involved. They achieved it alone by virtue of their own grit, hard work and dedication.
Anyone can do it, the GOP believes, if they would just buckle down, work hard and follow all the rules. As a result, in Republican world, anyone who isn't rich has only himself to blame.

Therefore, in GOP-logic, the poor and middle class are inferior beings. Government should not serve them. The government, Republicans think, should bow to the successful, who earned service. The government must not, according to the GOP, reward shiftlessness by providing benefits to middle class scallywags who have failed to do what it takes to get rich.This doctrine of primacy for corporations and the 1 percent has set back the middle class. And the nation's economy. Middle class income has stagnated. Meanwhile, the wealth of the top 1 percent and corporations has skyrocketed, so that now as much wealth is concentrated at the top as was during the robber-baron age immediately before the Great Depression.

Well fucking said!

The progressive ignorance to economy and business in general is laughable..

I love how the idiots believe that corporations are going to run their lives unless we have a gigantic government - THAT IS ULTIMATELY RUNNING YOUR LIFE.

The government FORCES you do do shit - corporations don't FORCE YOU TO DO A FUCKING THING....

Corporations/businesses aren't bad - they provide people with jobs and create products. The government on the other hand just steals your money and dictates your life by telling you what you can and cant do, what products you can and cant buy, what you can and cant ingest as an individual..

There are millions of businesses and corporations in the United States, guess what??? you have a choice where to work, where to shop, what industries to support. You don't have that opportunity when the big ass government is banning shit left and right and writing laws that dictate peoples lives and outcomes...

Corporations want your business so they will compete with other corporations to get your business -- the government has no fucking competition to balance its self out - they can do what they want and you have no other choice but to submit to their batshit crazy demands....

For all the fancy talk in Ohio on Thursday, it comes down to this: Do Americans want a government of the people by the people for the people, one conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal? Or do Americans want a government of the corporations by the corporations for the corporations, one dedicated to the proposition that the rich are better than everyone else?

For the rich, like Mitt Romney, the proposition that they are better than everyone else is a given. Romney believes that he, the son of a wealthy car company executive and governor, the youth who attended exclusive private schools and wallowed in every privilege, is a self-made man.

That is basic Republican philosophy: Every wealthy person and every successful corporation achieved that all by themselves. They didn't inherit; they didn't benefit from taxpayer-funded infrastructure like roads, schools and patent enforcement; there was no luck involved. They achieved it alone by virtue of their own grit, hard work and dedication.
Anyone can do it, the GOP believes, if they would just buckle down, work hard and follow all the rules. As a result, in Republican world, anyone who isn't rich has only himself to blame.

Therefore, in GOP-logic, the poor and middle class are inferior beings. Government should not serve them. The government, Republicans think, should bow to the successful, who earned service. The government must not, according to the GOP, reward shiftlessness by providing benefits to middle class scallywags who have failed to do what it takes to get rich.This doctrine of primacy for corporations and the 1 percent has set back the middle class. And the nation's economy. Middle class income has stagnated. Meanwhile, the wealth of the top 1 percent and corporations has skyrocketed, so that now as much wealth is concentrated at the top as was during the robber-baron age immediately before the Great Depression.

Well fucking said!

What a fucking load of horseshit.

HuffPo strikes again.

Really?

It was nothing short of a miracle that Romney was elected Gov of MA.

MA is and always has been a Dem stronghold..

Your opinion assumes that everyone want to assume the burden of caring for the poor and downtrodden.
I'm one fiscal conservative who thinks the poor and the downtrodden need to get off their asses and start taking care of themselves.

Most of the social programs should be cut. Once they are cut then the poor and downtroddent WILL HAVE TO get off their asses and take care of themselves.

If you want to assume the burden of taking care of the many freeloaders in America then have at it. I'm sure they will gladly take every dime you have.

No comment needed

Liberals crack me up with the "corporate" bogey man. Businesses are people. But you put the word "corporate" and then it turns in your shallow minds into Nightmare on Elm Street. Businesses can't make you do business with them, government can. Businesses can't use the force of guns, government can. But government you trust, and business is the bogey man.

Common argument but it's not true. You use the product of countless corporations you've never even heard of because they produce items that are needed by the ones you're aware of.

Let me get this straight Joe. You're claiming that because corporations produce their goods and services using the goods and services of other corporations, it is not true that "Businesses can't make you do business with them, government can. Businesses can't use the force of guns, government can."

You're saying businesses CAN force us to transact with them...or are you saying government cannot?

Clearly, government can force you to use their services. My point is that corporations are really not that much different. They all seek to eliminate the competition, in effect forcing you to use their product.

Are you aware of the underhanded tactics that Monsanto has used to promote their GMO seeds? And if you chose not to support such tactics, would you know enough about where your food comes from that you could actually choose not to support them?

You're confused eflat....

Joe was just explaining his USMB posting philosophy!!!!
:clap2:

Bask in the warm glow of your 'achievements' guys. I'm sure that no luck was involved.

See the liberals will collectivel IGNORE, that Romney struggled, worked hard, scarificed and eventually made it! They instead preach the narrative that Romney was rich his entire life and never had to work for a thing. It's utter bullshit and insulting!

What's bullshit is you saying people say or imply that he never worked for anything. Romney was rich his entire life saying they lived in an apartment with cracked tiles doesnt disprove that.

What a fucking load of horseshit.

HuffPo strikes again.

Really?

It was nothing short of a miracle that Romney was elected Gov of MA.

MA is and always has been a Dem stronghold..

Your opinion assumes that everyone want to assume the burden of caring for the poor and downtrodden.
I'm one fiscal conservative who thinks the poor and the downtrodden need to get off their asses and start taking care of themselves.

Most of the social programs should be cut. Once they are cut then the poor and downtroddent WILL HAVE TO get off their asses and take care of themselves.

If you want to assume the burden of taking care of the many freeloaders in America then have at it. I'm sure they will gladly take every dime you have.

No comment needed

Her contradiction is noted, she accuses someone of assumptions and busts out with her own idiotic assumption of all poor and downtrodden, casting them all as freeloaders, what a dingbat.

Well fucking said!

I love how the idiots believe that corporations are going to run their lives unless we have a gigantic government - THAT IS ULTIMATELY RUNNING YOUR LIFE.

The government FORCES you do do shit - corporations don't FORCE YOU TO DO A FUCKING THING....

Corporations/businesses aren't bad - they provide people with jobs and create products. The government on the other hand just steals your money and dictates your life by telling you what you can and cant do, what products you can and cant buy, what you can and cant ingest as an individual..

There are millions of businesses and corporations in the United States, guess what??? you have a choice where to work, where to shop, what industries to support. You don't have that opportunity when the big ass government is banning shit left and right and writing laws that dictate peoples lives and outcomes...

Corporations want your business so they will compete with other corporations to get your business -- the government has no fucking competition to balance its self out - they can do what they want and you have no other choice but to submit to their batshit crazy demands....

BS, every heard of Defense Capital Working Fund? As a federal worker I'm paid out of that fund and guess what? We do have to compete just like a private business, oh how I laugh at the lack of knowledge that right wing trash has.

Clearly, government can force you to use their services. My point is that corporations are really not that much different. They all seek to eliminate the competition, in effect forcing you to use their product.

Are you aware of the underhanded tactics that Monsanto has used to promote their GMO seeds? And if you chose not to support such tactics, would you know enough about where your food comes from that you could actually choose not to support them?

Yeah I'm totally aware that Monsanto wants to protect it's scientific investment. You shouldn't expect to get access to greatly improved corn for LIFE -- just by buying the first season's seed. If the same demand was made of cable TV companies, you'd be on the roof adjusting your antenna...

Go buy regular corn seed and stop whining..

"underhanded" tactics are often very subjective and wrongly percieved..

Name a couple Monopolies for me.. And no pro sports and political parties don't count.

So you're saying Democrats support individual liberty and are dedicated to the proposition of equality? Really? What proof do you have of that?

Do Repugs? WTF?

Everything libturds in Congress vote for is an assault on the Constitution.

The writers of the Constitution never intended for the government to starve the people with austerity to make them successful but that's the BS that right wing trash preaches like gospel, so unconstitutional.

corporate

Be more specific, I don't see how this contradicts what I said.

Republican Retardology dogma preaches that cutting social programs to nil with forcefully make people more successful and wipe out poverty, :rolleyes: if that wa the case why didn't FDR do that?

My point is that corporations are really not that much different. They all seek to eliminate the competition, in effect forcing you to use their product

Government passing a law and shutting down their competition with force is "really not that much different" then corporations doing it by producing better products then their competition and being chosen by their customers? Too funny...

"Underhanded" ... so descriptive ...

BS, every heard of Defense Capital Working Fund? As a federal worker I'm paid out of that fund and guess what? We do have to compete just like a private business, oh how I laugh at the lack of knowledge that right wing trash has.

DCWF is an ACCOUNTING gimmick. It's not competition. It's not accountibility to customers. Not even clear that YOU understand the difference..

What RISK is your department taking when it accounts thru DCWF? Can you sell me a battleship???

Yeah I'm totally aware that Monsanto wants to protect it's scientific investment. You shouldn't expect to get access to greatly improved corn for LIFE -- just by buying the first season's seed. If the same demand was made of cable TV companies, you'd be on the roof adjusting your antenna...

Go buy regular corn seed and stop whining..

"underhanded" tactics are often very subjective and wrongly percieved..

Name a couple Monopolies for me.. And no pro sports and political parties don't count.

You are obviously unaware of Monsanto's tactics. When pollen from a GMO crop is blown into a neighboring farm, it tends to render that crop infertile for the following season. Rather than apologize for this, they sue the neighboring farm if traces of their GMO genes are found in that crop.

My point is that corporations are really not that much different. They all seek to eliminate the competition, in effect forcing you to use their product

Government passing a law and shutting down their competition with force is "really not that much different" then corporations doing it by producing better products then their competition and being chosen by their customers? Too funny...

Why don't you set aside your corporate jingoism long enough to read my reply to flacalten.

Why don't you set aside your corporate jingoism long enough to read my reply to flacalten.

Pull the stick out, the post I hadn't read was two posts AFTER this one asking the question. But as to that situation, that's what civil courts are for. If it's true, they have a heck of a case. That some priests were evil and molested boys doesn't make the priesthood evil. Yes, some "corporations" (just saying it again to give you chills) do bad things, and they should be held accountable. Even as a libertarian I totally support having civil courts for that reason.

So since your standard is that if one "corporation" does one bad thing, then they are all bad, can I conclude that if government does one bad thing then all of government is bad? Or are you the only one who gets to use that logic?

Forum List

Back