Cornel West On Sandy Hook: ‘We Can’t Just Shed Tears For Those On The Vanilla Side O

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Noah Rothman
December 27th, 2012

Princeton University Professor Dr. Cornel West appeared on the Tavis Smiley radio show on Thursday where he weighed in with his thoughts on how the media and lawmakers are responding to the tragic massacre of teachers and children in Newtown, Connecticut.

West expressed his frustration over how eagerly the media demanded a conversation about gun laws after Newtown, but seems unmoved by endemic gun violence in America’s cities where the victims are primarily minorities.

“We can’t just shed tears for those on the vanilla side of town,” West said.” They are precious, but they are no less or more precious than our poor brothers and sisters on Indian reservations — who are killing each other — or be they black or brown or what have you.”

“But it’s a good thing that we now have a discussion on gun control. We need one on drone control. Not a peep, not a mumbling word when black folk get shot,” West added.

“But now, Newtown, Connecticut, vanilla side — low and behold we got a major conversation. That’s wonderful. Each life is precious, but it just upsets me when we’re so deferential.”

(Excerpt)

Read more at
Cornell West On Sandy Hook: ‘We Can’t Just Shed Tears For Those On The Vanilla Side Of Town’ | Mediaite

Guess it's only racist to say those things if you're 'Vanilla Folk'?

I bet him and Tavis get along great.
I'd sometimes listen to Tavis Smiley when he was on Talk Radio in L.A. nearly 20 years ago. He would usually just complain about being Black in America. The monotony was broken up by his Hispanic sidekick who would complain about being Hispanic in America.

I saw him interview Jamie Lee Curtis on some Public Access show yesterday and I can't for life of me understand why he's still on the air. Anywhere.

By Noah Rothman
December 27th, 2012

Princeton University Professor Dr. Cornel West appeared on the Tavis Smiley radio show on Thursday where he weighed in with his thoughts on how the media and lawmakers are responding to the tragic massacre of teachers and children in Newtown, Connecticut.

West expressed his frustration over how eagerly the media demanded a conversation about gun laws after Newtown, but seems unmoved by endemic gun violence in America’s cities where the victims are primarily minorities.

“We can’t just shed tears for those on the vanilla side of town,” West said.” They are precious, but they are no less or more precious than our poor brothers and sisters on Indian reservations — who are killing each other — or be they black or brown or what have you.”

“But it’s a good thing that we now have a discussion on gun control. We need one on drone control. Not a peep, not a mumbling word when black folk get shot,” West added.

“But now, Newtown, Connecticut, vanilla side — low and behold we got a major conversation. That’s wonderful. Each life is precious, but it just upsets me when we’re so deferential.”

(Excerpt)

Read more at
Cornell West On Sandy Hook: ‘We Can’t Just Shed Tears For Those On The Vanilla Side Of Town’ | Mediaite

No racist thoughts or words here...nothing to see...move along, move along.
Why aren't racist assholes like this turd called to heel?

if you mention gun violence in black neighborhoods then they will call you a racist.

Every freaking day there's at least dozen of shootings within black communities. Blacks kill other blacks and blacks kill whites at twice the opposite.

Whites cause about 52% of the national murder as 63% of the population. Do you understand this? When you look at raw fbi numbers blacks kill nearly as many people as whites do at 13% of the population.

Now you ask who's fault is it and how can we fix it?

-Who's fault? There's. Honestly, it isn't the white mans fault.
-How do we fix it(assuming we're equals) is to teach them to want to be with their families. Reform the black family that teaches right and wrong. That can be a first step.

Last edited:
By Noah Rothman
December 27th, 2012

(Excerpt)

Read more at

No racist thoughts or words here...nothing to see...move along, move along.
Why aren't racist assholes like this turd called to heel?

The leftist media wants blacks to hate whites as they feed on division for power. They want whites to be shamed for what everyone did at one point.

Using the word racism to the left is a tool.

Forum List

Back