Corned Beef

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
Bought a really pretty one for this weekend. 34 bucks. Much hand wringing over the cooking method. I've oven steamed them before with good results, but everybody seems to think the crock pot is the way to go.

Foodies? Irish? Please advise.

keep-calm-and-erin-go-bragh-12.jpg

Bought a really pretty one for this weekend. 34 bucks. Much hand wringing over the cooking method. I've oven steamed them before with good results, but everybody seems to think the crock pot is the way to go.

I like to lay mine atop the rocker box of a 2011 CVO 110 cu. in. Street Glide with onions, mushrooms and turnips.

I like to lay mine atop the rocker box of a 2011 CVO 110 cu. in. Street Glide with onions, mushrooms and turnips.
I find the Panhead offers better heat distribution. Now I will wait for a serious reply. lol

I find the Panhead offers better heat distribution. Now I will wait for a serious reply. lol

Ha ha, yeah, I ain't got one, but I am a big fan of the crockpot for lots of things, and it's easy.

I have only done one and I grilled it.
That's all I can tell ya lol. I don't like that shit.

Oh, pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to briskets. They have like a 15 minute window for cooked perfection. If you do it in a crockpot, don't leave it in there all day! Might be tender, but will be dry as fuck!

$34? Where do you live, the Canadian tundra? $15 at Costco.
3 hours in the crockpot with a beer for liquid.

It's large, and from a small butcher operation. We wanted to go high end!

It's large, and from a small butcher operation. We wanted to go high end!
Probably a good cut. But TN is right, too many hours in the crockpot and it goes dry. Give it 3-4 hours on low. Put bay leaves, mustard seeds, dill in with it. I use a cheap beer or beef broth for liquid.

Oh, pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to briskets. They have like a 15 minute window for cooked perfection. If you do it in a crockpot, don't leave it in there all day! Might be tender, but will be dry as fuck!
I smoke mine at 200 - 225 degrees for 1 hour per pound. Comes out good.

Did a slow bake, 2 hrs uncovered, 4 hrs wrapped, 275 degrees. It was good, but unremarkable. Would have rather done a Prime Rib.

Did a slow bake, 2 hrs uncovered, 4 hrs wrapped, 275 degrees. It was good, but unremarkable. Would have rather done a Prime Rib.
Damn right lol
I did a small prime rib Saturday night. 3 lbs. I was VERY pleased with the results.
We drive to Mayfield KY and eat at this little catfish joint. They have prime rib on Saturdays as a special. Its the best! My wife said that one was better than theirs! Hell, I almost kissed her for it! lol..
She is a harsh food critic(probably because I make her eat my crazy concoctions) so when she smiles, I know I did good!
That fucking auju makes panties get wet bro.

Damn right lol
I did a small prime rib Saturday night. 3 lbs. I was VERY pleased with the results.
We drive to Mayfield KY and eat at this little catfish joint. They have prime rib on Saturdays as a special. Its the best! My wife said that one was better than theirs! Hell, I almost kissed her for it! lol..
She is a harsh food critic(probably because I make her eat my crazy concoctions) so when she smiles, I know I did good!
That fucking auju makes panties get wet bro.
We usually just get a 2 or 3 bone roast. Then I carve it off the bones, and BBQ the ribs the next day.

Forum List

Back