Corned Beef...... YUMMY!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010

Start in the morning……as this will take all day

6# Corned Beef Brisket. One large one or several small ones it makes no difference. Along with what ever packet of spice they give
¼ C black pepper corns
10 bay leaves
2 large onions cut in half
1 head garlic
1 bunch celery
10 carrots
6 12oz cans Guinness extra stout beer
2 Tlb salt
Water

In a large stock pot add ingredients in this order. Salt, pepper corns, bay leaves, beef, garlic head, onion, celery, carrots and beer. Cover the ingredients with water to come 1 inch above ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Do not let boil. Cover and turn down to low. Cook 1 hour and turn off heat

VERY IMPORTANT Let beef cool completely in broth.

Remove beef and trim off all visible fat. You will be amazed how much there will be. Just keep cutting away until you come to a nice meat layer.

Pitch the veggies and save broth to boil potatoes or cabbage if you like. It is best to split the broth and cook the potatoes and cabbage separately

Glaze

1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 Tlb dry mustard
2 Tlb apple brandy or apple juice

Combine sugar and mustard and add liquid slowly. It should come to the texture of wet sand. Do not make it to wet.

Heat oven to 350. Well grease a rimed sheet pan or baking dish and lay the beef flat.( putting down a layer of aluminum helps with clean up) Spread/pack glaze over beef and bake until glaze becomes sticky. About 30 minutes.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. And just fair warning……this will wreck you for life

Actually, it takes me 21 days.
Heres the system...more or less.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmYdaD3ctRA]How to Make Corned Beef from Scratch! - YouTube[/ame]

Once or twice a year I love a New England Corned Beef dinner.

Thanks for the recipe.

• Banned
6 damn cans of beer? what a waste......

i think i have had corned beef once......i think

Really really...... cook it in beer. It gives the beef a great flavor and the color of the meat comes out a deep red....not the pink gray that most corned beef is.

Forum List

Back