Corey to Harvard; 'Fire Dershowitz or I'll sue you!'

Is 'Vichy Americans' your new buzz phrase?

And.... what does this '.... adore a criminal defendant like Zimmerman...' mean? You do know Zimmerman has not been found guilty of anything, right? In America, we have this process.... innocent until proven guilty.... it may be different to this 'Vichy America' that you appear to live in.

Yes, of course I know Zimmerman has not been convicted, that rarely stops the extremist right from wanting punishment upon ARREST. The avid support of an accused killer is surprising, very rare among conservatives; must be the "circumstances".

The 'circumstances' being that GZ is being tried for simply preventing a thug from killiong him, and that the gun-grabbing fascists are trying to use him as the poster child of a bad CCW holder.

The extremist right brought the words VICHY Americans to mind.

Then you have a pretty fucked up mind.

The Vichy were a bunch of pro-fascist surrender monkeys, and I dont know a single conservative like that.

You really should stop with all the unwarranted assertions, straw man arguments and clouds bullshit. You're starting to sound like RDean.

I'll take your recommendation under advisement, though not any time soon. :eusa_whistle:

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutor threatened to sue Harvard | Fox News

When Alan Dershowitz blasted the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case, she went straight to his boss at Harvard Law School to complain, according to the legal legend.

Angela Corey, the state attorney who charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of the unarmed teen, threatened to sue the law school and Dershowitz for libel and slander during a “40-minute rant,” according to Dershowitz. The "Reversal of Fortune" lawyer — who has said Corey overreached with the charge against Zimmerman — told FoxNews.com he hopes the attorney for Florida's Fourth Judicial Circuit Court follows through.

“It’s certainly professional to respond, but by calling the dean and threatening to sue the school, which she knows she cannot do, is unprofessional,” Dershowitz told FoxNews.com. “I would welcome a lawsuit from Corey. It would give me a chance to prove what an awful thing she did.”

Dershowitz, who penned a column for Newsmax revealing Corey's call to the school, said he’s received “a lot” of letters of support.

Corey’s “beef,” Dershowitz wrote, pertained to his criticism of the state attorney’s filing of a “misleading affidavit” to support the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“When the communications official explained to her that I have a right to express my opinion as ‘a matter of academic freedom,’ and that Harvard has no control over what I say, she did not seem to understand,” Dershowitz wrote. “She persisted in her nonstop whining, claiming that she is prohibited from responding to my attacks by the rules of professional responsibility — without mentioning that she has repeatedly held her own press conferences and made public statements throughout her career

Dershowitz does NOT back off from bluffing water buffalo like Corey.

I wish he would loan Boener one of his testicles to use while the House is in session.

Boner is a fucking loser .. Alan is a tough prick.

I admire Dersh, always have. Most of the time I am on his side in an argument

A very conservative Republican, unlike Dershowitz, the legal commentator. I'll wait to see if the Dean comments. Dershowitz is always looking for media attention. A very liberal legal media hound is now a good guy to the right, who adore a criminal defendant like Zimmerman, as they reject a conservative prosecutor for doing her job. Consistency is not an attribute of Vichy Americans.

And.... what does this '.... adore a criminal defendant like Zimmerman...' mean? You do know Zimmerman has not been found guilty of anything, right? In America, we have this process.... innocent until proven guilty.... it may be different to this 'Vichy America' that you appear to live in.

Yes, of course I know Zimmerman has not been convicted, that rarely stops the extremist right from wanting punishment upon ARREST. The avid support of an accused killer is surprising, very rare among conservatives; must be the "circumstances". The extremist right brought the words VICHY Americans to mind.
ABSOLUTELY wrong! All the time you see the Conservatives advising liberals not to rush to judgement, quoting innocent until proven guilty, but it is the left that rushes in to brand Jared Loughner a right wing extremist, or Mitt Romney a rapist.

Fail, as usual, Peach

Yes, of course I know Zimmerman has not been convicted, that rarely stops the extremist right from wanting punishment upon ARREST. The avid support of an accused killer is surprising, very rare among conservatives; must be the "circumstances".

The 'circumstances' being that GZ is being tried for simply preventing a thug from killiong him, and that the gun-grabbing fascists are trying to use him as the poster child of a bad CCW holder.

The Vichy were a bunch of pro-fascist surrender monkeys, and I dont know a single conservative like that.

You really should stop with all the unwarranted assertions, straw man arguments and clouds bullshit. You're starting to sound like RDean.

Way out of line. Calling someone Vichy-whatever, fascist or Nazi is one thing, Hell it's de rigueur on the internet. However, no one deserves to be compared to RDean. That's just uncalled for.

Way out of line. Calling someone Vichy-whatever, fascist or Nazi is one thing, Hell it's de rigueur on the internet. However, no one deserves to be compared to RDean. That's just uncalled for.

Time to start calling her Pdean.

True.

Peach, I appologize for comparing you to RDean.

I doubt Dooshwhiz's version of events.

Yo Vern, can you read and understand the English language?

"Dershowitz's post doesn't say when exactly Corey's call occurred. A Harvard Law School spokeswoman didn't return a call seeking comment.

Dershowitz says Corey, in her affidavit, "willfully omitted all information" about injuries Zimmerman suffered in his conflict with 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. He said Corey denied having an obligation to include that information.

"She should go back to law school, where she will learn that it is never appropriate to submit an affidavit that contains a half truth, because a half truth is regarded by the law as a lie, and anyone who submits an affidavit swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth," Dershowitz wrote.

Dershowitz has ripped Corey repeatedly.

The affidavit, he said in a television interview, "is not only thin, it's irresponsible." He described Corey's announcement of the charge as "a campaign speech for re-election" and later wrote that she has been "anything but ethical, lawful and professional" in prosecuting the case.

In an appearance on Fox News, he went a step further: If Corey knew about Zimmerman's injuries, he said, "This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime... It's a perjurious affidavit."

However, he says Corey's went too far in her response to his criticism.

"The idea that a prosecutor would threaten to sue someone who disagrees with her for libel and slander, to sue the university for which he works, and to try to get him disbarred, is the epitome of unprofessionalism," he says.

Zimmerman shot Trayvon on Feb. 26 in Sanford. He says he fired in self-defense after the teenager attacked him."

Forum List

Back