Coral reefs on the edge of extinction

Ol' fucking dumb Frank. Is a carbonated beverage acidic?

Carbonated water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carbon dioxide and water form carbonic acid (H2CO3),[2] which gives the water a slightly sour taste with a pH between 3 and 4.[3] An alkaline salt, such as sodium bicarbonate, may be added to soda water to reduce its acidity.

Carbon dioxide dissolved in water at a low concentration (0.2%–1.0%) cannot be tasted by humans, but the sour flavor of carbonic acid can be. The addition of a sodium or potassium salt can neutralize some of the acidic flavor of drinks that are made with soda water.

Like every other of your EnviroMarxist Doomsday Warmer Cult non-responses, you post words and articles that never answer the question.

This is like putting a cold fusion experiment in the middle of a nuclear detonation and going, "See that! ColdFusion!!"

The question was, "Can you show us in a lab how a 60PPM increase in atmospheric CO2 lowers water Ph by .3 degrees?"

And instead of answering honestly and saying no, you post bullshit.

Let's start with the basic facts. You claim a 60PPM increase in CO2 lowers water Ph. Expressed as a percent a 60PPM increase is .006%

Where in anything that you posted or linked to does it show a .006% increase in ATMOSPHERIC CO2 lowering Ph?

Where?

Last edited:
Poor ol' dumb fuck Frank. Once again, increased atmospheric CO2 leads to more CO2 dissolved in water, which forms carbonic acid. I understand how hard that concept is for you to wrap your brain around, but try to work on it for a few weeks.:lol:

Poor ol' dumb fuck Frank. Once again, increased atmospheric CO2 leads to more CO2 dissolved in water, which forms carbonic acid. I understand how hard that concept is for you to wrap your brain around, but try to work on it for a few weeks.:lol:

Uh huh. I asked you to show us how this works in a lab and your response was

Botella-de-Coca-Cola-2i7aufd.jpg

Recently, it has been suggested that the boron isotopic composition of foraminiferal tests depends on the pH of sea water as well as its isotopic composition1,2. Here we present boron isotope and elemental data for sedimentary pore fluids and isotope data for bulk foraminiferal samples from a deep-sea sediment core. The composition of the pore waters implies that sea water boron concentrations and isotopic composition have been constant during the past 21 Myr, allowing us to reconstruct past ocean pH directly from the foraminiferal isotope data. We find that 21 Myr ago, surface ocean pH was only 7.4 0.2, but it then increased to 8.2 0.2 (roughly the present value) about 7.5 Myr ago. This is consistent with suggestions3–5 that atmospheric CO2 concentrations may have been much higher 21 Myr ago than today.

If You morons would read something useful You`ld at least understand what this buzzword "scientist" has (re-) published as if it was some mile stone discovery..
The next time you mindlessly copy and paste text which you don`t even comprehend at least make sure that you do it right it`s 7.4 + or - .2 not 7.4 02
Also if you liberal oh my IPCC God assholes would have a clue about chemistry then you`ld realize that all this "scientist" has done was copying the pH values for Boron Buffer solutions which are listed in any half decent chemistry book.

Borax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sodium borate is used in biochemical and chemical laboratories to make buffers, e.g. for gel electrophoresis of DNA, such as TBE or the newer SB buffer or BBS (borate buffered saline) in coating procedures. Borate buffers (usually at pH 8)
You confessed already that you are "just a simple millwright"....and that you don`t know anything about science...Do I have to post the link to the post where you admitted that...?

So, since you at least admitted that, I won`t nail your pudding brain to the wall because you did not know about Boron concentrations and how they relate to the pH, or what a "buffer" is...

But if you don`t know the difference between "suggested, "suggestions"and a proven cause and effect relationship then of course you`ld never understand either what crock of shit this "scientist" has published here.

He is basing his SUGGESTION what the pH of ocean water might have been 21 000 000 years ago on Boron concentrations found in sediment, then simply copied numbers of a chemistry book table for Boron buffer solutions without the slightest comprehension of the principle behind a "buffer".

A Buffer is a solution, that allows you to add a large amount of acid or base without changing the pH...

And in the same context this idiot has convinced you and all the other
idiots just like you with his SUGGESTION that a few hundred ppm of CO2 might have lowered the pH by ~ 0.4 +/- units of a whole ocean....
Then the next moron climate "scientist" quotes him and suggests that now the coral reefs are in peril.

Fuck the stupidity of you assholes is truly bottomless.
Have You any idea how much CO2, which by the way is one of the weakest acids when it combines wit H2O to H2CO3 it would take to lower the pH of entire oceans...?

Carbonic acid has a dissociation Ka of only 0.000000045

You`ld need a CO2 concentration in air that would have been lethal to all air breathing life forms on this planet since the last 21 million years, + ocean water that contains not even a trace of Calcium.

But neither you nor the moron science that assholes like you post here have even the slightest clue about hard fact science, where "suggestions" like the crap you post would get you a failing grade even at a junior level.

Last edited:
TY PolarBear

OR and the Warmers can either address the real science in the above especially with respect to

"Have You any idea how much CO2, which by the way is one of the weakest acids when it combines wit H2O to H2CO3 it woul take to lower the pH of entire oceans...?

Carbonic acid has a dissociation Ka of only 0.000000045"

or they can Shut the Fuck Up

I consider myself so lucky to have been able to dive on a number of great coral reefs. Unfortunately they're dying in the Florida Keys as they are elsewhere in the world. Between climate change and ocean pollution, they don't stand much of a chance. Since we can't save them, at least we have pictures to leave our descendants of what once was.

Yeah, real fucking shame that the 6 mile thick ice sheet that covered all of North American north of the Ohio River started retreating 14,000 years ago too.

The power of magical manmade CO2 is multiplying! It heats! It cools! It acidifies the oceans!

Yes, but can it julienne fries?
it slices!
It dices!
Just look at that Tomato!
You could even cut a tin can with it
But you wouldn't want to!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzun_Qyrvs]YouTube - ‪"Weird Al" Yankovic - Mr. Popeil‬‏[/ame]

Polar bro........where ya been??!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta check out the last couple of pages of the "PREDICTIONS" thread and chime in!!! Its sorta become my own personal playground thread of late........my substance challanges being met only with "Skooks......you're a retard" replies.

TY PolarBear

OR and the Warmers can either address the real science in the above especially with respect to

"Have You any idea how much CO2, which by the way is one of the weakest acids when it combines wit H2O to H2CO3 it woul take to lower the pH of entire oceans...?

Carbonic acid has a dissociation Ka of only 0.000000045"

or they can Shut the Fuck Up

"OR and the Warmers can either address the real science"... simple minded assholes like that? They would not even know why the pH of water is 7.0 and not 7.1 or 6.9...
So they`ld also never understand either that un-dissociated H2CO3 is not an acid and that only the dissociated amount H2CO3 <----> [H+] + [HCO3 -] <---> [H+] + [CO3 2-] is an acid.

And that the "Ka" (the dissociation "Konstante"] of Carbonic acid 4.45 x 10^(-7) means that out of 22 million molecules of Carbonic acid only 1 single molecule is at any one time present as an acid....producing [H+]....acidic hydrogen ions..!!!

But they admire this buzzword flinging "scientist" going on about the partial pressure of CO2 and his ridiculous SUGGESTION that CO2 lowered the pH of entire oceans.

Fuck, by the time CO2 can acidify ocean water that contains Calcium, which as soon as it encounters a trace of CO2 will form Calcium Carbonate which has a very low solubility product you`d need a CO2 partial pressure in our atmosphere higher than what You have if You shake a warm bottle of Soda-pop.

("solubility product" by the way is the same as the Ka REAL Chemists use for acids and bases, but when You express the dissociation of mineral salts then we call it the "solubility product", instead of the Ka...which is calculated as [H+] times [Anions -] / divided by the number of G-Mls of undissociated or non-ionized Molecules...all Concentration values are in Gram-Moles per Liter
for water it goes like this...:

[H+] X [OH-]/ [H2O] = 1 x 10 (^-14)

and since the amount of [H+] = [OH-] the amount of [H+] ions which are the acid, regardless which acid we are talking about = the square root of 10 ^(-14) which is 1 X 10 ^(-7)...
and the pH is defined as the negative decade log of the Hydrogen Ion concentration in Gram-Moles per liter 1 x (-1) x log (-7) = 7 and that`s why water has a "pH of 7.0" which is neutral because You have exactly as many acidic [H+] ions as You have basic [OH-] ions.
In any acid You have more [H+] ions than [OH-] ions and in any base You have more [OH-] ions than [H+] ions...
and that`s the same hard science the same assholes never comprehended when they were freaking out over "acid rain")

Last edited:

Gotta check out the last couple of pages of the "PREDICTIONS" thread and chime in!!! Its sorta become my own personal playground thread of late........my substance challanges being met only with "Skooks......you're a retard" replies.

Is there really anything else that can be said? It's not like you make any substantive contributions to the board. :cool:

So they`ld also never understand either that un-dissociated H2CO3 is not an acid and that only the dissociated amount H2CO3 <----> [H+] + [HCO3 -] <---> [H+] + [CO3 2-] is an acid.

Carbonic acid is an acid, disocciated or not. H+ isn't an acid, it's a hydrogen ion. HCO3-- isn't an acid either, it's a base. Seems like you're trying to BS us with faulty defintions. Doesn't bode well for the rest of your analysis. You're trying to impress us with the number of zeros, but that's not the point. It's the delta that's important, not the absolute value.

I arrived at home from shopping with my "global warming" Ford V8 Van, parked it between the snow drifts in my yard, got out to open the passenger side front door to get some stuff I had left on the seat.
A freak gust of wind slammed the door shut so hard, that I thought the windows would bust.
Next day I wanted to go for a drive and the fucking engine would not start...
had sparks on all 8 plug, all 2 fuel pumps in each tank were operational...when I hot wired them...so was the high pressure fuel injection pump...but none of them ran without the 'hot wires"...
of course I checked all the wires and relays before I had to dismantle almost all the interior paneling to hot-wire the fuel loop.
Then I scoped my ECM and noticed that these fucking computers they install in all our cars have an inertia switch hidden under the paneling right next to the passenger side door post.
If that switch senses an impact the computer "thinks" You just had an accident and shuts down the fuel injector signals and every fuel pump you have.
Every car, no matter if its a Ferrari, a Porsche, a Toyota a Ford or whatever have this fucking switch hidden in the same fucking place but they don`t even want to tell You it exists...
So it may well be that your passenger door will get slammed a little bit too hard and no way will Your car start after that...
garages will try tell You that Your Computer packed it in an sell You a new one...while all they do is poke a hole through Your interior panel with a special prong tool and reset this fucking switch...
The reason why no car manufacturer wants to tell the public about this switch is because all the anti-theft devices on the market run on the same 2 wires which go to this switch.
I hot-wired the sensor wires going to the ECM and my van started in an instant...
So where have I been all this time...?
Under the dash and under the chassis of my van
I cut these wires and hid a toggle switch under the dash.
And after that I drove the Van to Lake Manitoba and did a little ice-fishing...came home with a bucket full of nice pickerel.
Oh yeah I also changed the pulse width the ECM gives for a specific throttle position sensor signal....
Now my E150 can do "burn-outs" like some sort of muscle car...
It`s exactly what I need when I pull my trailer through the mountains and once I get back on flat & level I use my laptop and narrow the Injector pulse width by 30% ...then my van is a fuel miser , like any Jap-crap Toy car...
So that`s where I`ve been, while morons like "OldRocks" spent all day every day writing 1000`s of retard doomsday news postings about "global warming"...

Last edited:

Carbonic acid is an acid, disocciated or not. H+ isn't an acid, it's a hydrogen ion. HCO3-- isn't an acid either, it's a base. Seems like you're trying to BS us with faulty defintions. Doesn't bode well for the rest of your analysis. You're trying to impress us with the number of zeros, but that's not the point. It's the delta that's important, not the absolute value.
Fuck how much more stupid can it get...?
Now we have a total retard trying to re-define what an acid is...
the un-dissociated part of H2CO3 is NOT AN ACID
only the + Hydrogen Ions which the dissociated part of an "acid" is capable to deliver to a system is an acid...

Fuck You can`t even comprehend the definition of pH...even after it`s been explained to the point where any housewife can understand it

if un-dissociated H2CO3 was an acid as an imbecile like you seems to believe why don`t you do the math what the pH of Coca Cola would be then...???
Fuck there would be no container through which Coca Cola could not eat through...
I just love it when assholes like you come back @ me with your moronic statements like the one you just made here..
Go back to school and learn something before you shoot off your fucking dumb mouth off again...RETARD !!!

Last edited:
I have little doubt that significant changes in conditions will lead to life changing the mix of what thrives and what declines.

The question isn't: Will life continue on earth if global weirding happens?

The question really is: How will mankind overall fare if global weirding happens?

I think the answer to the second question is: Not all that well.

I have little doubt that significant changes in conditions will lead to life changing the mix of what thrives and what declines.

The question really is: How will mankind overall fare if global weirding happens?

You ever find it odd that we're genetically unchanged for 200,000+years, yet according to the accepted version of history we only found a practical way to harness electricity 100 years ago?

You ever find it odd that we're genetically unchanged for 200,000+years, yet according to the accepted version of history we only found a practical way to harness electricity 100 years ago?

That "we" comes with a qualifier.
Assholes like "OldRocks" & cohorts still haven`t figured it out...

But to add to Your musing...I find it odd why we credit the Chinese who mixed bird-shit and coal with the invention of "gun-powder" while guns weren`t invented until 10^3 years later by us Westerners, not too long before we were also first to harness electricity.

Really most of our science and technology is only ~250 years in the making.

If these liberal fucks stay out of our way the best is yet to come.

Hey Asshole...:

[HCO3 -] is a base..?????
Are you from some bush village or something...?
Fuck that tops it all.. I got to bookmark this post, so I have it handy whenever I want to list an example how retarded you "global warmers" really are.
This retard doesn`t even know the difference between an acid and a base..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All known bases consists of [OH-] and a positive cation like Na+ or K+, Ca++, Mg++ etc etc...most of them are alkali metals ...

Are you competing for the Nobel Prize for utter stupidity or something...?

Have you ever even heard the word "alkaline"...? and do you have a clue what that means...?

Incredible how retarded these Al Goracle assholes are.
Here read up what makes an acid acidic,...what is a strong acid and what is a weak acid, you fucking hopeless retard...:

Acid dissociation constant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An acid dissociation constant, Ka, (also known as acidity constant, or acid-ionization constant) is a quantitative measure of the strength of an acid in solution. It is the equilibrium constant for a chemical reaction known as dissociation in the context of acid-base reactions. The equilibrium can be written symbolically as:

HA
15px-Equilibrium.svg.png
A&#8722; + H+,

The dissociation constant is usually written as a quotient of the equilibrium concentrations (in mol/L), denoted by [HA], [A&#8722;] and [H+]:

92593d3f8ab692bf55d05e13fee7de98.png

The larger the value of pKa, the smaller the extent of dissociation. A weak acid has a pKa value in the approximate range &#8722;2 to 12 in water. Acids with a pKa value of less than about &#8722;2 are said to be strong acids; a strong acid is almost completely dissociated in aqueous solution, to the extent that the concentration of the undissociated acid becomes undetectable.
Fuck they don`t possibly come any dumber than You liberal global warming fags !
You are nothing but a bunch of school drop-out losers like "OldRocks" Thunderfarts etc etc who have nothing better to do than to write page after page full of retard statements in internet forums day in day out, till some day , hopefully you wind up as road kill because of your stupidity...on one of the rare days when assholes like you get off their ass and out of their cave..
I`ld run you over sooner than a rattle snake ,if you figure you can block my road on gay parade day

Last edited:

Forum List

Back