Cops...

thought I just did. You dont advocate police violence but you do see how police need to be preemptively violent to prevent possible potential shenanigans in the future.

I never said I don't advocate police violence -- period. I don't advocate gratuitous police violence. But in the example of "Big Mike" Brown" and the smart-mouth punk in the topic video I believe the violence was provoked and appropriate. And if I were a cop I would behave the same way with smart-mouth punks -- Black or White.

When I watch COPS, the tv documentary, I often see examples of gratuitous police violence and I wouldn't hesitate to testify to that if called upon.

I should mention I was raised on the Brooklyn waterfront of the 40s and 50s. Cops walked beats back then and when they told young men hanging out on street-corners to move along they moved along. Because if they didn't the cops would pull them into a hallway and kick the shit out of them. The bottom line to that is those infamous streets, in spite of the reputation of that gangster-controlled neighborhood, were safe for peaceful people at any hour of the day or night. And I can assure you that some of today's "gangsta" punks who think they are bad-asses would not reach age twenty-one back then.

There were bad-asses on the waterfront -- real ones. But they knew better than to run off at the mouth with anyone, especially cops, unless they were prepared to back it up.

Elbowing the handcuffed kid was uncalled for.

I agree. I saw no reason for that. But -- I didn't hear anything that fellow said, which could change my opinion.

True,we dont know what lead to the "innocent" youth being in the back of the paddy wagon. But I'd think the cop would have had time to calm down before he pulled him out for further questioning.
You can bet he deserved it at some point in his life though,and this was just a little payback for past misdeeds.
And no I ain't kidding...

Ahhhh I thought he had a weapon, like a toy gun or a toy sword....or no weapon at all, but this guy had the nerve to be committing the crime of loitering. LOITERING!!!
Loitering wasn't the reason for the beating. Mouthing off was. And this is very typical of young ghetto Blacks. They seem compelled to "talk shit," the way Michael Brown did, rather than quietly complying or cooperating with police, which leads to situations such as seen in that video.

This is like the patriot act. You dont see the dangers in excusing the behavior until it comes to your door. Dont attempt to break out your pocket constitution AFTER a cop abuses his power and you've excused it as long as it happens to "those people over there"

By no means do I approve of police brutality, but I don't regard what is shown in that video as brutality. That guy had a beating coming. He asked for it. And I believe there is no other way for police to deal with individuals like him. Because beating the shit out of them is the only way to keep them under control. Without that the streets won't be safe for peaceful people to walk in.

As far as I'm concerned that Black cop did the right thing.

So the job of the police is to keep people from "mouthing off" and the penalty should be a beating.

But you dont advocate violence tho :rolleyes:

I dont like the idea of cops taking the law into their own hands by any means.
That being said,I was no angel growing up yet I managed to keep the cops from beating on me without cause. Thats not to say they didnt,I'm just willing to admit that when they did? I had it coming.

Ahhhh I thought he had a weapon, like a toy gun or a toy sword....or no weapon at all, but this guy had the nerve to be committing the crime of loitering. LOITERING!!!
Loitering wasn't the reason for the beating. Mouthing off was. And this is very typical of young ghetto Blacks. They seem compelled to "talk shit," the way Michael Brown did, rather than quietly complying or cooperating with police, which leads to situations such as seen in that video.

No, psychotic, power-hungrty bullies with badges are-entirely-the reason for the beating. The cop needs to die, and die HORRIBLY. Crucifixion is far too easy. Vivisection with a rusty spoon might be enough, or possibly skinning alive with a dull razor.

By no means do I approve of police brutality...

Liar.

but I don't regard what is shown in that video as brutality. That guy had a beating coming. He asked for it. And I believe there is no other way for police to deal with individuals like him. Because beating the shit out of them is the only way to keep them under control. Without that the streets won't be safe for peaceful people to walk in.

Then you are as psychotic as he is and should probably be locked up. (Or just put down like a rabid dog.)

thought I just did. You dont advocate police violence but you do see how police need to be preemptively violent to prevent possible potential shenanigans in the future.

I never said I don't advocate police violence -- period. I don't advocate gratuitous police violence. But in the example of "Big Mike" Brown" and the smart-mouth punk in the topic video I believe the violence was provoked and appropriate. And if I were a cop I would behave the same way with smart-mouth punks -- Black or White.

When I watch COPS, the tv documentary, I often see examples of gratuitous police violence and I wouldn't hesitate to testify to that if called upon.

I should mention I was raised on the Brooklyn waterfront of the 40s and 50s. Cops walked beats back then and when they told young men hanging out on street-corners to move along they moved along. Because if they didn't the cops would pull them into a hallway and kick the shit out of them. The bottom line to that is those infamous streets, in spite of the reputation of that gangster-controlled neighborhood, were safe for peaceful people at any hour of the day or night. And I can assure you that some of today's "gangsta" punks who think they are bad-asses would not reach age twenty-one back then.

There were bad-asses on the waterfront -- real ones. But they knew better than to run off at the mouth with anyone, especially cops, unless they were prepared to back it up.

idk But maybe he was not really loitering and felt they would realize that.

So the common responses to Police abuse seems to be Police shouldnt do it BUT if they do it must be a good reason for it.

So you can't tell a Cop to Fvck Off? Can't tell him to mind his own business? Are they Cops or Prison Guards?

PoliceDontTrust.jpg

So the common responses to Police abuse seems to be Police shouldnt do it BUT if they do it must be a good reason for it.
Yes. Basically the same kind of reasoning applies as that affecting corporal punishment of exceptionally brazen and unruly children. For the benefit of society, certain types of offensive individuals must have cause to fear the police. Unfortunately there will be abuses but consider the alternative.

The critical factor governing this circumstance is competent and effective supervision. Based on all I've heard about the Ferguson police it seems the problem with that agency resides at the highest level of supervising authority.

Yes. Basically the same kind of reasoning applies as that affecting corporal punishment of exceptionally brazen and unruly children.

Yeah but the police job isnt to punish unruly...nevermind dude you're a fucking idiot.

By no means do I approve of police brutality, but I don't regard what is shown in that video as brutality. That guy had a beating coming. He asked for it. And I believe there is no other way for police to deal with individuals like him. Because beating the shit out of them is the only way to keep them under control. Without that the streets won't be safe for peaceful people to walk in.

bullshit, he was in custody. You don't beat on someone for mouthing off once they are in custody.

Jesus

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
əˌTHôriˈte(ə)rēən,ôˌTHär-/
adjective
  1. 1.
    favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Forum List

Back