Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car. Taser used on the back of his neck no less.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmtzQM3Npc]YouTube - Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car[/ame]

Thoughts?

Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car. Taser used on the back of his neck no less.

Thoughts?

This guy will settle for a couple million dollars. Why can't I ever be on the receiving end of a jackpot like this??? And what's with the VHS videotape? I haven't seen one of those since I went to the history museum.

YouTube - Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car

Thoughts?

Yeah this goes entirely against police procedure across the board in the use of excessive force... I smell a civil rights lawsuit. Always well deserved income, against cops abusing their power without any self-control..

And in the individual cops defense, (which is not a defense for the administrative agency) they may be poorly or inadequately trained, which could mean more money for the vic.. This is the kind of civil lit I want to get into.. What better way to shrink the police force than using civil lawsuits for assisting victims of excessive police force? :clap2:

Thoughts?

Yeah this goes entirely against police procedure across the board in the use of excessive force... I smell a civil rights lawsuit. Always well deserved income, against cops abusing their power without any self-control..

And in the individual cops defense, (which is not a defense for the administrative agency) they may be poorly or inadequately trained, which could mean more money for the vic.. This is the kind of civil lit I want to get into.. What better way to shrink the police force than using civil lawsuits for assisting victims of excessive police force? :clap2:

I take it you don't want that city to be able to afford good cops ... :eusa_whistle:

Thoughts?

I take it you don't want that city to be able to afford good cops ... :eusa_whistle:

Good, sure- just not so many that they can't be thoroughly trained in the use of excessive, and sometimes deadly force.

This guy is lucky to be alive..

Good, sure- just not so many that they can't be thoroughly trained in the use of excessive, and sometimes deadly force.

Not really, lucky to be alive that is. There is still a low chance of harm from a taser is it's used correctly, thus the cop had to have been trained that well at least. However ... if there are too many financial rewards then they won't be able to afford to replace the bad cops ... and if you hadn't noticed cities are going broke. I hate lawsuits for that one reason, they reward you but also punish you at the same time. ;) No, fire the cop who did wrong and hire a new, better trained, officer. Without cops I would bet you'd get robbed, beaten, etc. every day ... all of us would.

Not really, lucky to be alive that is. There is still a low chance of harm from a taser is it's used correctly, thus the cop had to have been trained that well at least. However ... if there are too many financial rewards then they won't be able to afford to replace the bad cops ... and if you hadn't noticed cities are going broke. I hate lawsuits for that one reason, they reward you but also punish you at the same time. ;) No, fire the cop who did wrong and hire a new, better trained, officer. Without cops I would bet you'd get robbed, beaten, etc. every day ... all of us would.

No we wouldn't get beaten and robbed, etc, every day without cops.. We have 2nd amendment rights. A bullet travels at 800 mph while a cop car usually only travels at around 50 mph..

I like lawsuits that give punitive damages, especially to big government, which this kind of thing is a prime example of. All the punitive damages do (which this man is already suing for, apparently) is teach the administrative agency or individual a lesson in tortious behavior which will hopefully NOT be repeated based on the punitive damages the agency or individual ends up paying.
When people are wronged, they deserve to see justice.. and in our country, Tort lawsuits are the means to end the madness. I have no problem with them hiring someone new, but I like the punitive damages because then the administration will feel more inclined to properly train that person, and drill home the whole not using excessive force speech, both to the new guy, and the whole department. If they had spent the 30K in proper training of their people to begin with, they could have avoided both the 75K lawsuit, along with the additional 10-15k to all the people investigating the incident, another 10-20K for defending themselves in the lawsuit, the police officer getting a paid vacation for a few grand, etc. As you can see, the initial investment would have been well worth it, in the grand scheme of things.

Oh and we are not going broke over civil suits.. we are going broke because there aren't as many people in the 20-40 year old range having as many kids as the baby boomer generation had. Less kids means less people working and contributing by shopping, which is how the stocks go down, and why they have been gradually dropping in value for the past 10 years or so. =)

Thoughts?

I didn't take that from the post....

I take it that JD wants the BAD COPS gone....so do I.

There's NO place in law enforcement for cops who taze compliant arrestees or taze people up the ass once cuffed and in custody.

And this kind of abusive behavior by cops seems to be on the rise (or at least being reported more often). Whatever the case, the shit needs to stop.....the way to stop it is to make it VERY expensive for municipalities to allow cops who believe themselves to be God to operate on their police force. Hence: pricey civil litigation to force the clean up of police depts.

Forum List

Back