Cops Need To Face Consequences For Their Willful Disregard For Life

An accident might have been firing one shot.

This accident was judging that Castile was reaching for the gun. You might not like it, but you haven't said one thing to establish that Yanez committed a crime. rather than an accident. You need malicious intent.

It was a tragic result of a series of well intentioned bad decisions.

Like the hiring of Yanez because he was a minority, rather than the best choice?

The draw and fire mentality, the empty the gun mentality of the police.

That's not just a mentality, that's often their explicit training.

I know, who am I going to call when I'm in trouble.

I wouldn't call the cops, either.

Meh; it appears so; I had read something else. All the same, I could find a score of other vids and/or articles in the last year or so in which the person did not.

To convict a cop of killing anyone requires proof that the cop really wasn't in fear of his life and that the cop didn't act out of incompetence, but that the cop acted with malice of forethought or with willful negligence. This is why most cops in shootings aren't even charged, even if it seems the shooting should have been avoided.

There are tens of thousands traffic fatalities each year. How many drivers are charged with murder? Medical errors kill tens of thousands of people each year. How many doctors are charged with murder? You should be impressed that cops actually kill as few people as they do, given that these are guys who spend their day running around with guns.

That's just not fucking true. A cop has fear for his life at many times (some; all the time). That doesn't justify goin' in guns a blazing.

And yea, we know most cops aren't charged; and that's because the system has their backs. Only when a media shit storm comes, does anything happen. And sadly, in those cases, many times innocent cops are actually charged.

The big problem is the standard. A "reasonable" fear of life or limb. Well, what is reasonable? Shooting someone with their hands up is unreasonable in my mind, but that is the standard we've come to accept. As long as the cop can say the magic words, he pretty much goes free. I was afeared of my life, like the old Open Sesame bit from Arabian Nights. The doors open, and free goes the cop.

The bar has been lowered so much that an ant would not have to step up to cross it.

Well, and we have a thing in America called beyond a shadow of a doubt; and that's for the best. But there should be civil penalties, such as loss of job and pension and prohibition of future jobs in law enforcement. There should be incentives in place to ensure a high standard of care.

An accident might have been firing one shot.

This accident was judging that Castile was reaching for the gun. You might not like it, but you haven't said one thing to establish that Yanez committed a crime. rather than an accident. You need malicious intent.

It was a tragic result of a series of well intentioned bad decisions.

Like the hiring of Yanez because he was a minority, rather than the best choice?

The draw and fire mentality, the empty the gun mentality of the police.

That's not just a mentality, that's often their explicit training.

I know, who am I going to call when I'm in trouble.

I wouldn't call the cops, either.

I've covered this in two other threads. But to summarize. In the 1970's the Hoogans Alley set up was the norm. The police would walk and shoot at targets which were pictures of people, some holding weapons, some holding everyday items. Shooting an innocent was an instant fail.

That has changed to the spray and pray mentality over the decades since. It was a series of well intentioned exceptions that became the rule. Following that training, if a cop fired his or her weapon and did not see a gun, and there was't a gun found, it was a bad shoot. Then in the 1980's we had cops shooting kids who had toy guns, and it seemed reasonable, it looked like a gun in a dark hallway. No way to know that the kids were playing games. A tragic mistake.

The way the cops shot was also different. From Shoot, Shoot, assess, to shoot to stop. As long as the body was twitching, you were supposed to keep shooting under Shoot to stop. Shoot shoot assess meant you assessed after your second shot to determine if the baddie was still a threat.

We also shifted again. Now it didn't need to be a weapon in the guys hand, but something that could be misidentified as a weapon. The the training shifted again this time to draw and fire drills. More firepower, but less faith in the firepower. Now we're in the idea that you have to dump half a magazine of .40 cal ammo into the baddie to stop him, and that is how they are trained. Shift again, now we can't wait to see a gun, now we have to shoot when it looks like they are going for a gun.

It is murder. It was murder in the old west. It was murder i the 1970's. It was and is murder today. I don't care if the court disagrees. It is murder to shoot someone who is not armed. I don't mean one on the belt, I mean one in the hand.

It is murder. It isn't an accident. It is murder. Wyatt Earp was tried for Murder when he shot it out with the Clanton's at the OK Corral. or near there anyway. He was found not guilty, but that shows you that it is absolutely murder to shoot someone who is unarmed. It is not a mistake, and you can't blame affirmative action when every single cop is trained the same damned way. We are all combat fatalities, or collateral damage.

I call things what they are, and if someone doesn't like it, tough.

True that. That said, blacks kill more than twice as many cops (of all colors) than cops kill Blacks.

that's a lie.

try again
unarmed blacks

You're going to need to narrow that down a bit more. Like, more police are killed by blacks than police kill unarmed blacks named Frank. That might actually be true.

145 cops died in the line of duty in 2016. If you get rid of all the illness and definite accidents, you are left with 93. That is the aircraft accidents, falls, struck by trains, etc.

By comparison, at least 963 people were killed by police last year. That is about three a day. Police shootings 2016 database

Even if you argue that half the killings of police were by blacks, which means vehicle pursuits and all that sort of thing, then you have to believe that police killed basically a fraction of a percent of unarmed people in the year 2016. That flies in the face of any logic, or evidence.

In Georgia, half of the people killed by police were unarmed, or shot in the back.

OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

So even if Georgia is an exception, and the rest of the nation only kills unarmed people one time out of five, you're still left with a lot more unarmed dead than cops dead.

So even if Georgia is an exception, and the rest of the nation only kills unarmed people one time out of five, you're still left with a lot more unarmed dead than cops dead.

First, Georgia needs to stop hiring incompetent blacks, through racial preferences, for cops. That would save black lives.

Second, blacks need to stop acting like n1ggers. Don't commit crimes. Don't resist police.

Third, every "solution" from BLM will result in more dead blacks.

First, Georgia needs to stop hiring incompetent blacks, through racial preferences, for cops. That would save black lives.

Second, blacks need to stop acting like n1ggers. Don't commit crimes. Don't resist police.

Third, every "solution" from BLM will result in more dead blacks.

About what I figured, given the facts which demonstrate that your statements are completely untrue, you have resorted to racist rhetoric. I honestly assumed we would end up here, and you have not disappointed me.

I've heard every possible excuse for the excesses of police over the years. Racism and blaming the blacks, hispanics, and all that is about normal. The answer is, nonsense.

A vast majority of police are white. They are the ones who tend to shoot most people.

Two white cops who shot a white man. The cops lied, and said that the young man lunged at them with a knife. When this video was made public, and given to the police to show that the cops had lied, NOTHING HAPPENED TO THE COPS.

Meh, they shot someone, so what?

The problem isn't the blacks. It isn't the hispanics, it isn't the hiring practices as such that allow minorities to get jobs as cops. It is the police themselves. Most people, white and black, who become cops are those guys who were teased and bullied in school. They're out for revenge. That's why they get so upset when someone mouths off to them. It causes flashbacks to school where they were picked on.

They're out for revenge, and you try to defend and protect them. You make excuses for their behavior, and then denounce any other group for being outraged by those excessis.

There is no war on cops. If there was, there wouldn't be any cops left inside of a week. The cops in this nation are outnumbered by about 100 to one. That includes every federal, state, county, and city cop in the nation. If 42 of those one hundred people wanted to kill the cops, the cops would be dead. If ten wanted to kill the cops, the cops would be dead. But war on cops gives racists and fools the narrative they want, it lets them blame the minorities who are tired of being victimized.

And they are being victimized. Let's pretend. You were a boy and you grew up being stopped by the police constantly. They searched you, demanded answers, and told you not to say anything smart about it. You got older, got a good trade, worked as a Master Mechanic at a shop. You paid your taxes, bought a house, and had a family. Your children are similarly targeted, and their cars are searched, and your car is searched because drugs man. All you can do is swallow it, and take it. Your children grow up, and have children, and then you get to watch your grandchildren endure the same bullshit you had endured.

You would be ready to kill everyone over it long before you got to the point of grandchildren. But when a black complains, he's an uppity N. The nonsense about them being all criminals is also bullshit. How many of them are in prison because the corrupt cops planted evidence or lied? We don't know. We'll never know, but we know there are plenty.

Here are your white Hero's planting drugs in Baltimore. Those damned uppity N's just won't learn to obey the white man.

More white cops planting drugs. We'll teach those uppity N's that they have to listen right?

I'm not surprised that you posted it. Your entire premise is racist. You won't learn, you won't admit the truth, and you will plug your ears and close your eyes to make sure you never even see the truth.

I'll be honest. If I was a black man I'd be furious too. I'd probably have been shot by police because I'd get really tired of being pulled over for the crime of driving while black. I dare say that if you were black, you would have been killed too, because you would not tolerate a tenth of what they put up with. I know, I've seen it.

I've seen my friend work for a year to restore a Mercedes. I've seen that friend pulled over every week so the police can chat with him about his car, and would he mind if they took a look inside? I've seen friends who couldn't pull out of the driveway in a car they worked on and had shining like a new penny without being stopped. Work they did, with money they earned operating heavy equipment fifty and sixty hours a week.

If you're black, you're guilty until proven innocent.

NO. Citizens need to learn to live within the Laws and Order of Society or be prepared to face the immediate and long term consewuences of their mistakes.

When the cop says "Jump". You ask "How High, ON THE WAY UP.

This dude is running away from the cops; there is no indication that he is armed or presenting a direct threat to the cop. This seems like an almost daily occurrence in America. I know that BLM and the left perverted this issue like every other, making many averse to the idea that cops are out of control. But honestly, it seems to me that many cops think they do have a license to kill regardless of color.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
Run for Your Death

Bring back "Stop or I'll shoot!" This is not a sport; the side representing the community has far more rights than anyone acting suspiciously. Letting a suspect escape into the community puts others in danger. It is trick logic to think that the punishment must fit the crime. The punishment must stop the crime, which cop-hating rules of engagement fail to do. Criminals are enemies of the human race; it's best not to act like one, or even to support their non-existent civil rights.

This dude is running away from the cops; there is no indication that he is armed or presenting a direct threat to the cop. This seems like an almost daily occurrence in America. I know that BLM and the left perverted this issue like every other, making many averse to the idea that cops are out of control. But honestly, it seems to me that many cops think they do have a license to kill regardless of color.

Run for Your Death

Bring back "Stop or I'll shoot!" This is not a sport; the side representing the community has far more rights than anyone acting suspiciously. Letting a suspect escape into the community puts others in danger. It is trick logic to think that the punishment must fit the crime. The punishment must stop the crime, which cop-hating rules of engagement fail to do. Criminals are enemies of the human race; it's best not to act like one, or even to support their non-existent civil rights.

That's total bull shit. If we believed in that, we'd go genocidal on our slums tomorrow. If the danger is not eminent, cops have no business shooting.

NO. Citizens need to learn to live within the Laws and Order of Society or be prepared to face the immediate and long term consewuences of their mistakes.

When the cop says "Jump". You ask "How High, ON THE WAY UP.
When the cop tells you to drop and suck, which knee touches first?

I've heard every possible excuse for the excesses of police over the years. Racism and blaming the blacks, hispanics, and all that is about normal. The answer is, nonsense.

I don't see anything racist with advising people not to commit crimes and to not resist police, to avoid issues with the police. I don't see anything racist with objecting to employers giving racial preferences and thus hiring less qualified people.

A vast majority of police are white. They are the ones who tend to shoot most people.

Black cops have a greater tendency to shoot people. Try Google.

Two white cops who shot a white man. The cops lied, and said that the young man lunged at them with a knife. When this video was made public, and given to the police to show that the cops had lied, NOTHING HAPPENED TO THE COPS.

Roughly 35,000 people are killed in traffic collisions. Almost no one is charged with killing anyone, and BLM doesn't give a sh1t. The same rules apply to cops as everyone else. Killing isn't a crime if there's no malice. In every one of these truly questionable police shootings, the officers lose their jobs and the victims families gets millions in each settlement, even though there's no grounds for a murder or manslaughter conviction.

Two white cops shoot a white man who isn't cooperating with police. Turns out the man was mentally ill, but that's outside of the cops' field. I don't know why the cops shot. Obviously, they would claim they felt threatened. In any case, there's no evidence of malice. It doesn't make any difference that the cops afterword lied. Covering up bad judgement or a mistake doesn't make that bad judgement or mistake an act of malice.

The problem isn't the blacks. It isn't the hispanics, it isn't the hiring practices as such that allow minorities to get jobs as cops. It is the police themselves. Most people, white and black, who become cops are those guys who were teased and bullied in school. They're out for revenge. That's why they get so upset when someone mouths off to them. It causes flashbacks to school where they were picked on.

Maybe it's true that some punks become cops out of a desire to get revenge against society. Do you have a plan to prevent this problem? If you believe that, why wouldn't you think blacks would become cops for the same reason, except against whites?

There is no war on cops.

I think BLM is in a cold war on cops.

And they are being victimized. Let's pretend. You were a boy and you grew up being stopped by the police constantly. They searched you, demanded answers, and told you not to say anything smart about it.

If I were black and lived in a high crime neighborhood, I'd welcome getting pulled over constantly. I'd be extra careful not to break the law, but I'd be grateful for police work that would help get criminals in my neighborhood off the street.

I don't believe that being black gets people pulled over more often. I believe that blacks commit more driving violations and that anyone who drives in an area with more police will get pulled over more often. Getting pulled over by a cop can be a self-fulfilling prophesy when black drivers test the cops. I doubt much of the time cops even know the race the people they're pulling over. It's hard to see what race someone is from behind, unless they're displaying something ghetto.

You would be ready to kill everyone over it long before you got to the point of grandchildren. But when a black complains, he's an uppity N. The nonsense about them being all criminals is also bullshit. How many of them are in prison because the corrupt cops planted evidence or lied? We don't know. We'll never know, but we know there are plenty.

How many people are killed or robbed because of black criminals? We have to work with the people we have and punish those for their crimes, cops or anyone else. But, to point to problem by a tiny minority and declare the existence of that problem itself represents a whole culture makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

Funny, that's the way it works with whites. Whites are guilty until proven innocent.

I don't see anything racist with advising people not to commit crimes and to not resist police, to avoid issues with the police. I don't see anything racist with objecting to employers giving racial preferences and thus hiring less qualified people.

Black cops have a greater tendency to shoot people. Try Google.

Roughly 35,000 people are killed in traffic collisions. Almost no one is charged with killing anyone, and BLM doesn't give a sh1t. The same rules apply to cops as everyone else. Killing isn't a crime if there's no malice. In every one of these truly questionable police shootings, the officers lose their jobs and the victims families gets millions in each settlement, even though there's no grounds for a murder or manslaughter conviction.

Two white cops shoot a white man who isn't cooperating with police. Turns out the man was mentally ill, but that's outside of the cops' field. I don't know why the cops shot. Obviously, they would claim they felt threatened. In any case, there's no evidence of malice. It doesn't make any difference that the cops afterword lied. Covering up bad judgement or a mistake doesn't make that bad judgement or mistake an act of malice.

Maybe it's true that some punks become cops out of a desire to get revenge against society. Do you have a plan to prevent this problem? If you believe that, why wouldn't you think blacks would become cops for the same reason, except against whites?

There is no war on cops.

I think BLM is in a cold war on cops.

And they are being victimized. Let's pretend. You were a boy and you grew up being stopped by the police constantly. They searched you, demanded answers, and told you not to say anything smart about it.

If I were black and lived in a high crime neighborhood, I'd welcome getting pulled over constantly. I'd be extra careful not to break the law, but I'd be grateful for police work that would help get criminals in my neighborhood off the street.

I don't believe that being black gets people pulled over more often. I believe that blacks commit more driving violations and that anyone who drives in an area with more police will get pulled over more often. Getting pulled over by a cop can be a self-fulfilling prophesy when black drivers test the cops. I doubt much of the time cops even know the race the people they're pulling over. It's hard to see what race someone is from behind, unless they're displaying something ghetto.

How many people are killed or robbed because of black criminals? We have to work with the people we have and punish those for their crimes, cops or anyone else. But, to point to problem by a tiny minority and declare the existence of that problem itself represents a whole culture makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

Funny, that's the way it works with whites. Whites are guilty until proven innocent.

Even when confronted with your blatant racism you double down and stand firm. Ok. Let's play this game.

In Federal Prison a majority of the prisoners are white.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Race

You aregue that blacks are more criminal, after showing you two videos from the same city over a period of a week where different cops planted drugs. So are the blacks more criminal? I doubt it, but we will never know until the cops stop lying and planting evidence. Thankfully those people will get a jury trial where folks like you will search for the truth.

In some states blacks are ten times more likely to go to prison than a white. That means the whites get offered probation while the blacks get offered a long stay in prison for similar crimes.

There is a stunning gap between the number of white and black inmates in America's prisons

I'd offer more evidence but I'm sure you will google it. Like I said. I've heard it all. I've heard it all before. Racists are like a broken record. They are so shallow there is literally nothing but surface.

True that. That said, blacks kill more than twice as many cops (of all colors) than cops kill Blacks.
WTF?! Where did you get that statistic - from up your ass?

More US police officers killed in 2016 – but number still below 10-year average

Police shootings 2016 database

2016: 135 police killed in line of duty, includes car wrecks and other causes beyond police killed by suspects.

2016: 963 citizens shot and killed by police, 233 of whom were black.

You're a fucking liar. Facts matter!

Run for Your Death

You are a psycho and need to be locked up.

Run for Your Death

Liberal thughuggers h
That's total bull shit. If we believed in that, we'd go genocidal on our slums tomorrow. If the danger is not eminent, cops have no business shooting.
The "A Punk Is a Hunk" Faction

Liberal thughuggers have a sick desire to be raped by some sweaty criminal beast. Your cult of misfits vindictively and sadistically seeks to legally impose its masochism on the rest of us. In order to preserve a safe society and make sure that public enemies are eliminated, we must first make sure that the champions of inner-city anarchy are held totally responsible for it. Those tricked into defying society are less responsible than the Establishment's rabble rousers who are in positions from which they can impose tolerance of intolerable behavior. There will be no genocide; those with a feral attitude can easily be tamed once fear of society's vengeance stops their natural wildness dead in its tracks.

How about this? Woman hostage is alive (definitely should be presumed alive) and the police are just pumping one round after another (including shotgun rounds) her way. Police are fucking stupid pricks with little regard for life. And it's this way because they rarely face consequences for their actions.

Run for Your Death

Liberal thughuggers h

Liberal thughuggers have a sick desire to be raped by some sweaty criminal beast. Your cult of misfits vindictively and sadistically seeks to legally impose its masochism on the rest of us. In order to preserve a safe society and make sure that public enemies are eliminated, we must first make sure that the champions of inner-city anarchy are held totally responsible for it. Those tricked into defying society are less responsible than the Establishment's rabble rousers who are in positions from which they can impose tolerance of intolerable behavior. There will be no genocide; those with a feral attitude can easily be tamed once fear of society's vengeance stops their natural wildness dead in its tracks.

So you anti constitution. Good to know.

Because those Liberals just want the justice system that is promised in the Constitution. Where you are safe from an illegal search and seizure without a warrant.

We believe that you are entitled to spout your nonsense.

We believe the police should tell the truth and obey as well as enforce the law. We believe that every accused is entitled to a trial.

Of course all of that is in the Constitution. The foundation of our society. The rules for the game we are all supposed to agree to.

But you don't want the Constitution. You want anyone you deem to be criminal by whatever standard you declare it to be in essence executed.

You like many believe that fear and pain are all that works. It's odd isn't it? That history clearly shows that it does not work, but we keep in being told that it will.

The Germans in World War One executed entire towns. They literally killed everyone. This was supposed to frighten the population into compliance. It didn't work. The population worked in the shadows to harm the war effort.

World War Two. Same as the first one on frightful means to subdue the population. Once again the population worked to hamper the war effort despite entire towns being executed.

Over and over again history shows that brutal force to get a population in line fails. The French who essentially surrender ten minutes into the war had resistance cells forming almost immediately.

The Spartans had problems with slave revolts despite being the most respected and feared people of the era. The Romans, the Hapsburg, the Chinese, India, tribes of cannibals around the globe.

But they were soft right? You can show us how it would work. We just need a massive secret police with unlimited power. Like the Stasi, but more competent. One person in ten was a Stasi or an informer, and still resistance was happening.

When you learn that power comes from the consent of the governed you will see how silly your rants are. I don't expect you to learn though. Most people with your beliefs think that this time it would work if we are brutal enough. The others in history were just soft.

Run for Your Death

Liberal thughuggers h

Are you stoned?

Forum List

Back