Cops: Hofstra student's rape was planned by group

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
A Hofstra University student who had her cell phone snatched by a man she was dancing with at a campus party was unwittingly lured back to a dormitory, tied up in a bathroom stall and gang raped by him and four of his friends - one of them a student, police said Tuesday.

The attack, which police said appears to have been orchestrated in advance, sent shock waves across the college's Hempstead campus Tuesday, leaving students hungry for information and fearful.

The four men have each been charged with five counts of first-degree rape, one for the rape of the 18-year-old Hofstra student that police say they committed themselves, and four for the rapes they are accused of participating in as accomplices, police and prosecutors said. Police said they are still seeking a fifth suspect. The arrested men all pleaded not guilty in First District Court in Hempstead and are being held on $500,000 bond or $350,000 cash, prosecutors said. All face up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

Greg Kigozi, a sophomore at Hofstra who has known Rondell Bedward, the Hofstra student from the Bronx accused in the rape, for a year, described him as a polite political science major who played basketball at the student recreation center. "It's just shocking to me," said Kigozi, 20, of Los Angeles. "I can't see Rondell doing something like that."

Police said the victim was dancing at an on-campus spot, Hofstra USA, with Jesus L. Ortiz, of 4373 Katonah Ave., the Bronx, when Ortiz grabbed her cell phone and went outside. The woman followed Ortiz to a dormitory hallway, where she was confronted by Stalin Felipe, 19, who was ready with a rope, Nassau Police Det. Lt. John Allen said in a news conference. "Clearly, I think the cell phone was taken to lure her away from the crowd to do her harm," said Allen, commander of the department's special victims squad.

The two men, neither of whom is a Hofstra student, forced the woman into a men's room toilet stall, tied her up and raped her, police said. Later, three other men entered the bathroom, police said. The woman appealed to them to help her before realizing they were friends of her attackers. Soon, they raped her, too, police said.

full article:

Cops: Hofstra student's rape was planned by group

take this as a warning when you are out clubbing...there are some sick people out there...

Apparently we need to be more definite when we teach our daughters "no group sex when you leave for college, honey. You'll only regret it."

BTW, last I heard, Strolling, the crazy killer from Spokane was still abroad. They said he would be okay for 48 hours...then his meds would wear off and he would be dangerous.

BTW, he had a HISTORY of escape and assault. WTF were they doing taking him to a fair, of all things?

She only admitted it AFTER one of the accused came forward having the whole incident on taped on his cell phone!

AFTER!

She would have the 5 guys sent to prison for 25 years!

Authorities could decide within weeks whether to charge the 18-year-old woman for making up the story.

They CAN'T?!!

Let's see, this woman was about to destory the lives of five people using the law to do so.

And the LAW cannot decide if this is a CRIME?!

Given the damage she was planning on doing to those innocent people, I say: Hell yes what she did was a EGREGIOUS crime, not only against her intended victims, not only against the law, but also against all REAL rape victims, too.

So hang her, says I.

Last edited:
Authorities could decide within weeks whether to charge the 18-year-old woman for making up the story.

They CAN'T?!!

Let's see, this woman was about to destory the lives of five people using the law to do so.

And the LAW cannot decide if this is a CRIME?!

Given the damage she was planning on doing to those innocent people, I say: Hell yes what she did was a EGREGIOUS crime, not only against her intended victims, not only against the law, but also against all REAL rape victims, too.

So hang her, says I.

She violated laws from the false reporting of a crime to false statements to other charges. If charge, tried, and found guilty, I believe she must be made to not only serve the full time but also pay the largest amount fines allowed under the law.

She must be charged so that real rape victims can come forward without fear.

She violated laws from the false reporting of a crime to false statements to other charges. If charge, tried, and found guilty, I believe she must be made to not only serve the full time but also pay the largest amount fines allowed under the law.

they've already decided NOT to charge her. She's going to do community service and go for psychological counseling.

they decided that they don't want people in her situation to be afraid to recant false allegations made out of embarrassment.

they've already decided NOT to charge her. She's going to do community service and go for psychological counseling.

they decided that they don't want people in her situation to be afraid to recant false allegations made out of embarrassment.

However making false accusations in the first place gets you a slap on the wrist ? Seems like a few civil suits are in order.

However making false accusations in the first place gets you a slap on the wrist ? Seems like a few civil suits are in order.
that's probably the best opportunity for these men
if they choose to do so

New Topics

Forum List

Back