cops force pepper spray down the throats of UC davis students

blu

Sep 21, 2009
how long do the pigs think people will sit back and take it? Once a few cops are shot at and treated how they treat protestors then the real revolution will occur

You talking about this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4]Cops Pepper Spray Sitting Protesters - Youtube[/ame]

Militarization of Campus Police

By Bob Ostertag: Composer, historian, journalist, and Professor of Technocultural Studies and Music at UC Davis

Yesterday, police at UC Davis attacked seated students with a chemical gas.

I teach at UC Davis and I personally know many of the students who were the victims of this brutal and unprovoked assault. They are top students. In fact, I can report that among the students I know, the higher a student's grade point average, the more likely it is that they are centrally involved in the protests.

This is not surprising, since what is at issue is the dismantling of public education in California. Just six years ago, tuition at the University of California was $5357. Tuition is currently $12,192. According to current proposals, it will be $22,068 by 2015-2016. We have discussed this in my classes, and about one third of my students report that their families would likely have to pull them out of school at the new tuition. It is not a happy moment when the students look around the room and see who it is that will disappear from campus. These are young people who, like college students everywhere and at all times, form some of the deepest friendships they will have in their lives.

This is what motivates students who have never taken part in any sort of social protest to "occupy" the campus quad. And indeed, there were students who were attacked with chemical agents by robocops who were engaging in their first civic protest.

More: Bob Ostertag: Militarization of Campus Police

A person has the right to defend themselves against police abuse. One time is all that it takes for the people to stand up against the police abuse.

Let take it to court and see who the jury will side with?

As much as I'd like to see that cop taken out and flogged for what he did to that kid?

Not every cop is brutalizing the OWS protestors.

Most of them are doing their jobs HONORABLY.

And if in your opinion their job isn't honorable?

Imagine what would happen if there weren't any cops there.

CHOAS would happen.

Counter demonstators would get into conflict with OWS demonstators and the body count would be much much worse.

As much as I'd like to see that cop taken out and flogged for what he did to that kid?

CHOAS would happen.

Counter demonstators would get into conflict with OWS demonstators and the body count would be much much worse.

The problem is less to do with the cops than it is those giving the orders.

294747_259344700774187_152724994769492_669133_1244349606_n.jpg

should have listened and not put up tents

lawful protest is allowed

illegal and disobedience earns you a thorough seasoning

amazing that yall support the evolution of a paramilitary police force......

which is what we have now......

no one thinks corp should have rights but everyone is against the occupy moment...perhaps you should understand what they are protesting.

amazing that yall support the evolution of a paramilitary police force......

which is what we have now......

no one thinks corp should have rights but everyone is against the occupy moment...perhaps you should understand what they are protesting.
It's hard to understand what they are protesting because when someone claims to know and it is discussed, they back off.

But, we do know they are pigs and they are violent.

CHOAS would happen.

The problem is less to do with the cops than it is those giving the orders.

Probably true.

But I doubt that anybody in charge of the cops told them to force pepperspray down the throat of a protestor.

THAT was more likely the result of some cop's frustration getting the better of him.

And if that is true, that man ought to be fired, and then jailed, too.

how long do the pigs think people will sit back and take it? Once a few cops are shot at and treated how they treat protestors then the real revolution will occur

So these filthy protestors are murderers?

If the "real revolution" ever occurs, people like you will be the first ones into the gulag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1gPp2Gkow]UC Davis Police Lt. John Pike uses pepper spray to move #OccupyUC protesters - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back