Cops called on 13-year-olds for selling cupcakes

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. — A politician in a New York suburb called police on two 13-year-old boys for selling cupcakes and other baked goods without a permit, according to a report Monday.
The Journal News in Westchester County said the boys, Andrew DeMarchis and Kevin Graff, had a brisk business selling cupcakes, cookies, brownies and Rice Krispie treats for $1 each in a Chappaqua park.
However, New Castle Councilman Michael Wolfensohn called the police after discovering the sale was not for charity, the newspaper said.

Cops called on 13-year-olds for selling cupcakes - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. — A politician in a New York suburb called police on two 13-year-old boys for selling cupcakes and other baked goods without a permit, according to a report Monday.
The Journal News in Westchester County said the boys, Andrew DeMarchis and Kevin Graff, had a brisk business selling cupcakes, cookies, brownies and Rice Krispie treats for $1 each in a Chappaqua park.
However, New Castle Councilman Michael Wolfensohn called the police after discovering the sale was not for charity, the newspaper said.

Cops called on 13-year-olds for selling cupcakes - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

Some people just feel a need to flex their power.....it's rediculious.

People in this country are not nearly as Free as they think they are. The State completely owns them. Seriously,it's true.

People in this country are not nearly as Free as they think they are. The State completely owns them. Seriously,it's true.

Dude, it freaks me out when I see things like this. Really, it does. I don't know what to do really though but to read and better my own knowledge, but all that does is freak me out more...I just wish I knew how I can help fix things beyond just voting and bettering myself and my friends who will actually listen (...pretty much none of them).

Disheartening sometimes.

Seems like we live in the text book definition of a soft tyranny. I wish I understood more.

Dude, it freaks me out when I see things like this. Really, it does. I don't know what to do really though but to read and better my own knowledge, but all that does is freak me out more...I just wish I knew how I can help fix things beyond just voting and bettering myself and my friends who will actually listen (...pretty much none of them).

Disheartening sometimes.

Seems like we live in the text book definition of a soft tyranny. I wish I understood more.

Yea i hear ya. It's very frustrating. The State becomes more & more powerful everyday. People have very little real Freedom & Liberty. Most are just duped into thinking they're Free. The State really does completely own them. It is very sad but it is what it is i guess. :(

I was trying to maybe find a new avatar pic and came across this. Made me laugh.

WAP-TyrannySucks_White_2.gif

Disheartening sometimes.

Perhaps it's time for people to just say no to some of the stupid crap being imposed instead of shaking our heads and letting it pass.

Disheartening sometimes.

Perhaps it's time for people to just say no to some of the stupid crap being imposed instead of shaking our heads and letting it pass.

Maybe you're right.

Is it possible that a life of crime can begin by 13 year olds selling cup cakes? Sell cup cakes today... Pot tomorrow... Heroin the next day... I can see the connection.

Now, all joking aside. It's a real shame that things like this are common place in America these days. It's foolish and needs to stop.

Seriously, How far do you think the local government would take it if those boys were out there with adult support selling their wares again tomorrow? If enough people will support them, you can bet that the "officials" will back off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back