Cops: Border agent shot, hurt man

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
DOUGLAS, Ariz. (AP) — A U.S. Border Patrol agent questioning the occupants of a pickup clung to the passenger door and shot and wounded the truck's driver Thursday as the man attempted to flee, authorities said.
The unidentified agent stopped the truck with five people inside about 9:30 a.m. Thursday on U.S. 191, nine miles northwest of Douglas, Cochise County Sheriff's spokesman Carol Capas said. The agent was acting on a tip that a truck matching the description and license plate had been seen loading a group of illegal immigrants near Douglas, Capas said.

As the agent stood on the passenger side of the truck, the driver attempted to drive off, with the agent caught in the vehicle's door, Capas said.

"The agent fired a single shot prior to falling off of the door, which struck the driver one time in the leg," Capas said. The agent was dragged about 20 feet before firing his shot, hitting the driver in the upper left leg, Capas added.

The driver — identified as Luis Sanchez-Barron, 29, of Hermosillo, Mexico — stopped a short distance away. He was airlifted to University Medical Center in Tucson, where he was listed in fair condition.

more ... http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-01-24-border-shooting_N.htm

The Border Patrol agent will probably be charged with impeding illegal immigration.

This stuff pisses me off. Unfortunately both of ya'll are probably right. I signed the petition on the other two who are imprisoned right now for doing their job. Sent a copy to DC.

We have to face down these illegals ourselves... Its time for citziens to take action against them...

Today a group of us is visiting a house full of illegals... threats will be made... A time limit will be given ... then people will get hurt...

The time has come people to take matters into your own hands...

lead by example...

This stuff pisses me off. Unfortunately both of ya'll are probably right. I signed the petition on the other two who are imprisoned right now for doing their job. Sent a copy to DC.

I think that we are in complete agreement on this issue. If the jerks would stop breaking the law, then they would not be in danger of getting shot by border patrol agents. This sort of reminds me of a scene in the movie “Liar Liar” when a criminal calls and asks the defense attorney what he should do about a charge against him. Jim Carrey, playing the defense attorney, screams into the telephone, “Stop breaking the law, asshole!!” I loved that scene. It was so simple and yet so profound.

I think that this is the sound bite:

http://members.tripod.com/SoundBytes1/liarliar/LLlaw.wav

Forum List

Back