CopenHagen Results

Do your own research. I'm not your assistant. You want to know what the world is saying, it's easy enough to find out. What I am cricital of is the American obsession with either crediting Obama or holding him responsible. Contrary to popular belief - America is not responsible for solving the world's problems.

I have - I read BBC online, SMH and Helsingin Sanomat this morning, and watched YLE TV and BBC news last night - nowhere did I see Obama blamed for Copenhagen. Nor lauded, for that matter.

Neither have I seen anyone suggest the US is responsible for solving the worlds problems - at least no more so than he EU, China or any of the other western nations such as Australia or Canada. The US came a little late into the game on tackling climate change, and has thus been playing bit of catchup both in technologies, standards and legislation, but at least you know seem to be on the same page as us here in Europe.

I do agree with the US obsession with crediting Obama with everything, or blaming him for everything - I find that very strange, and completely unhelpful.

Lets check the score here..

193 Nations: We need to do something about Climate Change

Right Wing Republicans: Climate Change :cuckoo:

Do you realize that you, as well as the current administration are aligning yourselves with

the group, 193 Nations, that wants to impose restrictions on freedom of speech?

"For more than a decade, a UN resolution on the freedom of expression was shepherded through the United Nations by Canada. Over the years, Canada tried to win consensus on minimum standards, but in 2008, against the backdrop of the publication of images of Mohammed in a Danish newspaper, Cuba and various Islamic countries destroyed the consensus and rammed through an amendment which introduced a limit on any speech they claimed was an "abuse . . . [that] constitutes an act of racial or religious discrimination."

The Obama administration recently decided that a reworked freedom of expression resolution, extracted from Canadian hands, would be an ideal symbol for its new "engagement" policy. So it co-sponsored a resolution on the subject with Muslim Egypt - a country not known for freedom of expression.

Privately, other Western governments were taken aback and watched the weeks of negotiations with dismay as it became clear that American negotiators wanted consensus at all costs. In introducing the resolution on Thursday, October 1 -- adopted by consensus the following day -- the ranking U.S. diplomat, Chargé d'Affaires Douglas Griffiths, announced:

"The United States is very pleased to present this joint project with Egypt. This initiative is a manifestation of the Obama administration's commitment to multilateral engagement throughout the United Nations and of our genuine desire to seek and build cooperation based upon mutual interest and mutual respect in pursuit of our shared common principles of tolerance and the dignity of all human beings."
Obama Agrees to Limit Free Speech

More Euro-Think aimed at replacing the United States Constitution.

One nation may be superior to "193 Nations."

Rabbi -

If you were up to speed on this, you would know that the email scandal had nothing at all to do with "cooked" data, and very little to do with the body of evidence of what we know as climate change science. It reflected badly on a single scientist in a single institution, but there has been no suggestion that it carried beyond that.

Could it be connected to the dozens of reports on polar ice, melting glaciers, changing ocean ph or rising sea levels?

No, not at all.

And that is why I suggest you need to actually take a look at some of those reports and give the matter some more thought.

Sodafin, perhaps it is the limited sunlight in Finland this time of year that accounts for your complete lapse of sense. It was not "one scientist." And the emails cast serious question over the whole notion of man made global warming. All the "dozens of reports of polar ice" (which are probably one mistaken report) and the rest of us are not proof of anything.
Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation - Telegraph

Sodafin, perhaps it is the limited sunlight in Finland this time of year that accounts for your complete lapse of sense. It was not "one scientist." And the emails cast serious question over the whole notion of man made global warming. All the "dozens of reports of polar ice" (which are probably one mistaken report) and the rest of us are not proof of anything.

No, that is just nonsense, I'm afraid.

There are literally dozens of reports on, for instance, polar ice, all conducted by different research units from different countries. I've read two or three, and they look fairly damn convincing to me. I'm happy to post them some time. No connection with East Anglia there at all.

I did some research on glacier ice on another board a couple of weeks back and found 30 independent reports. Different countries, different scientists, different methodologies. What they all agree on is that 95% of the worlds glaciers are in retreat.

Only a fool would discard that without studying the reports.

The emails case very little doubt on anything - the only suggestion was that a couple of research papers be left out of an overview IIPC report. That's poor science by the man involved, but that is one man at one university. There was no suggestion that any actual research results had been falsified, cooked or anything else.

sigh.
So what? So what if glacier ice is melting? Glacier ice has been melting and freezing since the earth was created. This is a natural occurance.
And you ignore the obvious implications of the email scandal.
It really is a religion with you Euros,isn't it?

What I am kind of tired of is the obsession of Americans with thinking that America is responsible for solving it. We are one country - with an idiot as POTUS - and the world is laughing at Obama and his arrogance.

What ARE you talking about?

Who is laughing at Obama?

Can you present some actual examples from the world media of this?

In the Finnish media, Obama's actions have been praised, and although there is a sense of disappointment that a better deal wasn't cut, no one has suggested the US is to blame for that.

Of course the US is not responsible for solving it - again, who said otherwise?

Meanwhile, the GOP is outside looking in and saying..

Global warming? People who believe in global warming are :cuckoo:

Rabbi -

Luckily, two thirds of Americans and Europeans are a bit more up to speed on this than you seem to be.

I can't believe that in the 21st century with all the evidence available, the Republican Party is still in denial. They even made belief that manmade global warming is a myth part of their official platform

The whole world is working for an equitable solution and the Republicans continue with their flat earth rhetoric

And the evidence is that the "evidence" has been manufactured to present a consensus that does not exist.
Why the Left and their demonspawn Euros insist on ignoring the evidence that they have been had is beyond me.
Then again, most beliefs of the Left are beyond me.

What I am kind of tired of is the obsession of Americans with thinking that America is responsible for solving it. We are one country - with an idiot as POTUS - and the world is laughing at Obama and his arrogance.

In the Finnish media, Obama's actions have been praised, and although there is a sense of disappointment that a better deal wasn't cut, no one has suggested the US is to blame for that.

So, really what you are looking for is another stick to beat the big bad GOP. You don't actually care one way or the other about the failure of the world's leaders to agree on a way forward on the issue of Climate Change.... Because it's Climate Change, not fucking Global Warming - you thick idiot.

So, really what you are looking for is another stick to beat the big bad GOP. You don't actually care one way or the other about the failure of the world's leaders to agree on a way forward on the issue of Climate Change.... Because it's Climate Change, not fucking Global Warming - you thick idiot.

No, unlike those who demand instant gratification on everything Obama, I recognize that meaningful treaties will take time. Considering my GOP buddies didn't want to attend at all, it is a significant first step.

Do I think this global conference highlighted how out of step the GOP is with the rest of the world? Hell Yes

I can't believe that in the 21st century with all the evidence available, the Republican Party is still in denial. They even made belief that manmade global warming is a myth part of their official platform

The whole world is working for an equitable solution and the Republicans continue with their flat earth rhetoric

Of course you cant believe it. You refuse to look at the evidence. We are denying this global warming nonsense specifically because we have looked at the evidence and actually used our brains to see what the people pushing this crap are actually trying to accomplish with their efforts.

Because it's Climate Change, not fucking Global Warming - you thick idiot.

Oh that's right.....it used to be Global Warming...

090301-

Lets check the score here..

193 Nations: We need to do something about Climate Change

Right Wing Republicans: Climate Change :cuckoo:
yes. Lets check the score here.

193 nations agree we need to take note of the problem of climate change.

Zero of them have signed a treaty.

From the original link...:eusa_whistle:

The Big Cheeses in the rich countries love to waste money that have been taken from the pockets of their taxpayers because the politicians don't have to pay a penny and they look oh so generous. It has worked for them, so they will try to continue with this approach as long as possible.

And the evidence is that the "evidence" has been manufactured to present a consensus that does not exist.
Why the Left and their demonspawn Euros insist on ignoring the evidence that they have been had is beyond me.

You ignore the evidence, by claiming it's doctored, then ask why other people are "ignoring the evidence". I swear, you guys are laughable.

You ignore the evidence, by claiming it's doctored, then ask why other people are "ignoring the evidence". I swear, you guys are laughable.

Where's the trusted evidence..?

Forum List

Back