Cop shoots dead Licensed Conceal Carry holder (MN)

there not really much to say

having a valid cc permit does not insure

you wont get shot during a stop
Agreed. OTOH, it appears being black does increase your chances of being shot.

Several friends have carry permits in Texas. None have ever reported a problem with police much less be shot.

Not according to the recently released harvard study.......

An excellent point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...e-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=0
A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

The study did not say whether the most egregious examples — those at the heart of the nation’s debate on police shootings — are free of racial bias. Instead, it examined a larger pool of shootings, including nonfatal ones.
20160711_blackwhite.jpg

You are wrong...

Every shooting and killing perfectly fits your agenda just like in the movie. When BLM was protesting you know and they know that situation is always volatile and can get deadly. What is the purpose of these assholes with CC permits bringing their guns to a rally? What's the point? Are they supposed to mix in the crowd looking for the bad guy? Think what kind of headache is that for the cops. There is NO WAY NO WAY cops are happy seeing these assholes with guns strung to their shoulder. Stupid if you ask me.
Read Dallas Police Chief Brown comments see if he agree with you.He said they are suspects.
I previously mentioned to you many times when shooting start it's a panic and confusion people running all over. These people with CC permit ran for their life. They are part of the problem not part of the solution. We are asking too much for these cops to do their job on top of that they have to deal with these dude?

Friend or foe? Open-carry law poses challenge to police

PARIS, Texas (AP) — Gun-rights activists, some of them wearing camouflage and military-style gear and openly toting rifles and handguns, marched alongside the hundreds of people who flocked to downtown Dallas last week to protest police shootings of blacks.
Their presence was part of the new legal landscape in Texas, which earlier this year allowed people to openly carry firearms in public.
Moments later, when a sniper gunned down officers patrolling the peaceful march, killing five, the attack ignited panic and confusion. Who was shooting? Were the people with weapons friend or foe?

It was the same nightmare scenario that some law enforcement officials predicted when Texas approved the open-carry proposal.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown estimated that 20 to 30 open-carry activists attended the rally. He said some wore gas masks, bulletproof vests and fatigues. They ran when the shots rang out, but the presence of so many armed individuals at the scene of a sniper attack caused instant confusion.

"Doesn't make sense to us, but that's their right in Texas," Brown told CNN, adding: "For our officers, they were suspects. And I support that belief. Someone is shooting at you from a perched position, and people are running with AR-15s and camo gear and gas masks and bulletproof vests. They are suspects until we eliminate that."

Sorry...the actual event shows that you are wrong......what actually happened, not the fantasy you create, shows that everything you said would happen did not happen. Dittos the Giffords shooting.....we have to mass shootings with concealed carriers, on the scene, and at Dallas open carriers.....the responsible gun owners did not interfere, they did not get shot....you are just wrong. The cops knew they were not the problem because they weren't the ones shooting at people.....

The actual event shows you are wrong....you fantasy was not correct.

You are so funny. You should run for mayor.
Your post does not support what Chief Brown was saying. Instead you went around rambling your own version. Every scenario fits your perfect agenda like in the movie.
Did you read what Brown was saying or you did you just look at it? You made it sound that it was cool for these people running around with guns in this kind of rally. According to Chief David it is a problem a concern and just doesn't make sense at all. Read again.
Even Pastor TD Jakes blasted Grisham for bringing his guns with his buddies to this rally........ What was he thinking?

My post was based from Brown ............ How did it became my fantasy?

In the real,world......nothing he said was true, was it? Normal gun mowers with op ly displayed rifles..........when the shooting started these responsible gun owners got out of the way because the police were on the scene...they did not join in...they did not try to fight the gun,an....the police knew who the good guys were.....because they weren't shooting people......and they did their job.....

Face it.......this shooting and the Giffords shooting show that you have no clue what you are talking about....you made up a fantasy that did not match what happen d in an actual mass public shooting...with normal people with rifles....

You were 100% wrong....totally wrong....

You are making all scenario the same just like the movie......
You are telling me that Chief David is not telling the truth just to prove your stupidity.
You are a rabid gun supporter that your opinion does not make any sense at all.
From the horses mouth........ It is a concern and immediate confusion. And you said NO?
You assumed that all people carrying guns has cc permits and good guys. A lunatic can easily mingle with the group the same way. A good cop is always think that people like these assholes are suspects. They do no take easily for granted.......... That's how a cop think............
If you understand how a cop think that is IF........... From what i gathered from you........ You don't know nothing at all about how cops think just to support your addiction........ You take these issues like oh....... ALL people carrying a guns are good guys........ Do you realized how dumb you are?
Both Pastor and chief blasted this stupid Grisham and here you are they are good guys........ Maybe.... What if its not? What if somebody else? And what is the purpose that these assholes has to show up in rally like that? What's the point?
Maybe you didn't even know Castile has cc permit and he got SHOT.

Guy.....we have a situation that actually happened.....there were people in that crowd not only with concealed pistols and open carried pistols...they had rifles....and nothing you or the police chief said happened.....

The normal gun owners did not interfere..they let the professionals handle it.

The police easily recognized that the people who weren't shooting other people weren't the shooter...so they didn't shoot them.

So from the actual event....the event that happened...nothing you are saying occurred......you are just wrong.....

This isn't the only event like this either...you had the Gifford's shooting...another case with concealed carriers who did not shoot, because they didn't have to and who weren't shot by police......

Nothing you or the anti gunners have said happened in real world, mass public shootings...you are wrong.

What did chief David said that it did not happen? He did not say something or anything had happened.
Did you rally read his comments? He said it is a CONCERN and INSTANT confusions.
Normal gun owners did not interfere.......... What if it's not a normal gun owner? Are you saying that all cops should assume that all people that have guns walking around are good guys? Are you assuming that people with guns are normal gun owners????????? Dude you are wrong.
Maybe you didn't noticed........... you are avoiding ALL my questions. Let me repeat......... You are avoiding ALL my questions......... YOU don't make sense at all. Tell me where I'm wrong.
What is Gifford has anything to do in Dallas? You make all these scenarios the same like your movie. You are very funny.

Castile that has cc permit and he got shot. Was officer Yanez assumed that he is a good guy? I know........... YOUR answer is YES. You are dumber than I thought.

there not really much to say

having a valid cc permit does not insure

you wont get shot during a stop
Agreed. OTOH, it appears being black does increase your chances of being shot.

Several friends have carry permits in Texas. None have ever reported a problem with police much less be shot.

Just like what I've been telling you. You make all these scenarios the same just like your movie.

Here is the another one. This time the mayor of Dallas blasting these assholes.

Dallas sniper shootings put spotlight on open-carry gun laws
. Open carry should only be allowed per a private individual upon a private individual basis while living within any state that allows such a thing (I.e. open carry should only be allowed at small family gatherings, in travel to and from destinations, private property, private businesses and such), but not at large rallies, marches or events where large gatherings of people gather. The open carry laws in Cleveland should be temporarily suspended in light of the situations that have developed in Dallas & Louisiana. Once the law is suspended, and the proper notice given, then anyone carrying will be ordered to give their weapons up until the event is over.

Last edited:

. Open carry should only be allowed per a private individual upon a private individual basis while living within any state that allows such a thing (I.e. open carry should only be allowed at small family gatherings, in travel to and from destinations, private property, private businesses and such), but NOT at large rallies, marches or events where large gatherings of people gather.

Agree but 2aguy totally disagree.

. Open carry should only be allowed per a private individual upon a private individual basis while living within any state that allows such a thing (I.e. open carry should only be allowed at small family gatherings, in travel to and from destinations, private property, private businesses and such), but not at large rallies, marches or events where large gatherings of people gather. The open carry laws in Cleveland should be temporarily suspended in light of the situations that have developed in Dallas & Louisiana. Once the law is suspended, and the proper notice given, then anyone carrying will be ordered to give their weapons up until the event is over.
Has anyone open carrying at a large gathering ever shot up a crowd?

Like I said I think open carry is stupid unless you live on a ranch and may need fast access to a weapon but as far as I can tell most rallies that allowed open carry have been peaceful affairs

Like I said I think open carry is stupid unless you live on a ranch and may need fast access to a weapon but as far as I can tell most rallies that allowed open carry have been peaceful affairs

Then explain why chief, Mayor and pastor calling these assholes stupid.
According to chief of Dallas and mayor.......... It's a constant massive confusion because they have to sort it out while they are being shoot at. WTH. So tell me if cops are happy seeing these assholes with heavily armed, body armor and gas mask.

What's the point in showing up in this kind of gathering? They were together with walking around with fucking BLM.

How do you define peaceful when 5 cops got killed in Dallas?

According to chief of Dallas and mayor.......... It's a constant massive confusion because they have to sort it out while they are being shoot at. WTH. So tell me if cops are happy seeing these assholes with heavily armed, body armor and gas mask.

What's the point in showing up in this kind of gathering? They were together with walking around with fucking BLM.

That guy would have shot those cops open carry or no open carry

How many people have you seen at some stupid rally who had guns on their hips start shooting?

And I really don't care why people want to open carry. By and large they are harmless and the people who would shoot would do so in a gun free zone, or an open carry zone because that is their goal

Like I said IMO open carry is pretty stupid unless you're way out in the country for everyday carry I prefer concealed weapons as they don't draw attention

How many people have you seen at some stupid rally who had guns on their hips start shooting?

And I really don't care why people want to open carry. By and large they are harmless and the people who would shoot would do so in a gun free zone, or an open carry zone because that is their goal

Like I said IMO open carry is pretty stupid unless you're way out in the country for everyday carry I prefer concealed weapons as they don't draw attention

That is not my point......... I'm referring to chief and mayor ....... That it did caused a massive confusion during the shooting in Dallas. Are you denying that?
We are asking these cops to do a lot of things. They are being MURDERED .and FIGHTING for their life............... On top of that they have to put up with these assholes while they are being shot at?
Are you telling me that they just have to ignore and be happy don't worry about these assholes?
What is the point by showing to a rally like that? Which sides are you in anyway that you are protecting these assholes?

That is not my point......... I'm referring to chief and mayor ....... That it did caused a massive confusion during the shooting in Dallas. Are you denying that?
We are asking these cops to do a lot of things. They are being MURDERED .and FIGHTING for their life............... On top of that they have to put up with these assholes while they are being shot at?
Are you telling me that they just have to ignore and be happy don't worry about these assholes?
What is the point by showing to a rally like that? Which sides are you in anyway that you are protecting these assholes?

A cops job is to enforce the law. If the law allows open carry then the cops have to put up with it. The people of Texas have decided they open carry is legal there;s nothing you can do about it.

it's pretty easy to tell if a guy who is open carrying is shooting at you

. Yep my preference is concealed carry always. People who open carry at a rally, a march, or a gathering, are either doing so because they have been hired as body guards to work the event or either they are doing so because they are in a non-violent way (hopefully) trying to "express" or convey their message in which they are trying to get across , but maybe with a bit of intimidation or either with a warning attached to it all ?

A cops job is to enforce the law. If the law allows open carry then the cops have to put up with it. The people of Texas have decided they open carry is legal there;s nothing you can do about it.

it's pretty easy to tell if a guy who is open carrying is shooting at you
Wouldn't want to wait until someone's already shooting at me, before deciding what's the right thing to do is.

Forum List

Back