Cop convicted of four felonies gets no time in jail.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
It is one of those curiosities where corrupt police are rarely found guilty and if they are rarely suffer any real penalties.

Now imagine if a man had assaulted a cop and after being found guilty was sentenced to a mere 100 hours of community service. The cop defenders would be howling at the moon. Yet a cop who is convicted of four felonies and three misdemeanors is suffering less than your average DUI conviction.

Cop Convicted Of Felonies For False Arrest Gets Community Service

The jury found him guilty on all counts. The damned fool kept insisting that the video is not what happened. He was paid for two years while suspended with pay and awaiting his trial. And in the end he has to spend a couple weeks pretending to do things for the community.

I guess crime does pay, if you are a cop. At least it paid for two years.

I'm sure that this guy has really learned his lesson. I'm sure the other cops have learned from Munoz's example. Don't conduct illegal searches, arrest innocent people, lie about it, and destroy evidence or you too will have to perform 100 hours of community service.

I really dont have to much of a problem with his punishment though it should have been a little harsher. Maybe a six month stint at the county jail along with a longer community service sentence,say a year.
It's not like he killed anyone.

The worst part for him is he wont likely work in law enforcement ever again.

It is one of those curiosities where corrupt police are rarely found guilty and if they are rarely suffer any real penalties.

Now imagine if a man had assaulted a cop and after being found guilty was sentenced to a mere 100 hours of community service. The cop defenders would be howling at the moon. Yet a cop who is convicted of four felonies and three misdemeanors is suffering less than your average DUI conviction.

Cop Convicted Of Felonies For False Arrest Gets Community Service

The jury found him guilty on all counts. The damned fool kept insisting that the video is not what happened. He was paid for two years while suspended with pay and awaiting his trial. And in the end he has to spend a couple weeks pretending to do things for the community.

I guess crime does pay, if you are a cop. At least it paid for two years.

I'm sure that this guy has really learned his lesson. I'm sure the other cops have learned from Munoz's example. Don't conduct illegal searches, arrest innocent people, lie about it, and destroy evidence or you too will have to perform 100 hours of community service.

Typical.

There is no incentive for them to be honest.

Always a safety net.

I really dont have to much of a problem with his punishment though it should have been a little harsher. Maybe a six month stint at the county jail along with a longer community service sentence,say a year.

And I think he should never work in law enforcement again.

With 4 felonies work will be tough - as it should be.
That is why they want to know.

And I think he should never work in law enforcement again.

With 4 felonies work will be tough - as it should be.
That is why they want to know.

Oh there's no doubt he shouldn't be allowed to work in law enforcement ever again.
And as you said,those felonies are going to make it tough to find any kind of employment. The dude will be lucky if he's a rag man at the carwash.
Which is the worst of his punishment.

Good news

The worst part is that he's no longer able to be part of the gang? Without the video that damned him an innocent man would have gone to jail. How many others went to jail because of his thuggish behavior and ability to lie unquestioned?

He could join a gang that doesn't pretend to be good. I'm sure his four felonies would be a big boon for membership.

The 10 Most Dangerous Biker Gangs in AmericaWarlocks

The worst part is that he's no longer able to be part of the gang? Without the video that damned him an innocent man would have gone to jail. How many others went to jail because of his thuggish behavior and ability to lie unquestioned?

He could join a gang that doesn't pretend to be good. I'm sure his four felonies would be a big boon for membership.

Jesus you're fuken stupid.
His somewhat lucrative job as a cop is over and he'll be lucky to get a job as a rag man at the local carwash.

That is major punishment in my book.
He'l most likely lose everything.

Jesus you're fuken stupid.
His somewhat lucrative job as a cop is over and he'll be lucky to get a job as a rag man at the local carwash.

That is major punishment in my book.
He'l most likely lose everything.

Nah. He will probably get a job as "security" for a strip club as a start of his new career as a mob enforcer.

Since when is a fair sentence for 4 felonies 6 months in the pokey?

Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit I see.
my reading comprehension is college level. perhaps you need to brush up on yours. or at least change your perceptions of life in America.

Don't mind him, anytime he can't respond to what someone says he drags out the old "reading comprehension" dodge with quick one liners about the education of people he's never met.

More of an independant with a Conservative slant.
If that were the case, then you should have seen the obviousness of my statement that the best thing for the former officer is NOT working in law enforcement again, else he'd most likely end up killing another innocent individual.

And you should have realized by my previous posts that the guy will be lucky to get a job as a ragman at a carwash.
That is his biggest punishment. Along with the fact that this will more than likely screw his life permanently.

Forum List

Back