Cop accused of murder also investigated for road rage incident

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
It seems so hard to believe but the cop I wrote about on May 4 is back in the news. On May 4 it was revealed that this cop was fired, the next day he was charged with Murder for shooting a boy in the back with an AR-15 rifle. He claimed that the car was headed for him, and he was afeared for his life. Video proved what the evidence already showed. The boy was shot in the back, and in the passenger seat. Here is the link to the original story. Family of cop who killed unarmed black teen says he's a great guy.

Now, this is a new thread instead of an update because it's a different charge. It seems about two weeks before the awesome cop Roy Oliver shot a boy in the back, he was involved in a minor traffic accident. I say minor traffic accident because his truck was bumped from behind, nobody was hurt. Roy responded to this minor traffic accident while he was off duty by pulling his pistol. Yes, he pulled his firearm out over a traffic accident. His excuse, he was afraid that the driver would pull a weapon on him.

I know just what he means. You can't count the number of minor traffic incidents that result in a shootout. Why the last accident I had someone bumped my truck from behind, and my first words to them was not "show me your hands" or "don't move" but "Is everyone OK?"

I guess I could never make a good cop, I mean, my lack of being perpetually afeared for my life would interfere with my reactions.

So anyway, Roy Oliver, the outstanding cop, hero of the community is now being investigated for Road Rage and assault with a deadly weapon for pulling his pistol during a minor traffic incident. Here's the link to the latest story.

Fired Balch Springs officer accused of pulling gun on woman after accident

One is left to wonder how often Roy Oliver is afeared for his life? I mean, does he view a toilet with extreme terror gripping his chest? When the alarm goes off in the morning does Roy respond by firing a dozen rounds into the damned thing?

I can imagine the folks at the local Starbucks. They put his coffee on the counter and then duck behind it before calling out his name. "Roy?" They say. He pulls his pistol and waves it around prepared in case he is attacked by an espresso bean.

Thank God for the Police, or something.

Forum List

Back