Cop accidentally shoots home owner......six times.

The cop said he never even saw a gun. He never gave commands, the home owner never pointed or did anything hostile. He had his back turned to the cop and the cop just shot.

He shot, after the home owner fell, then he shot more. He dragged the home owner out in front of his family and threw him on a hot car. That cop is scum.

These are facts. No, I wasn't there, but come on. I live in phoenix and I own a few guns and if I caught someone in my home and decided not to shoot him, but to hold him until the police arrived, then they show up and shoot me even though I did nothing but have my back to them because I was standing guard over the perp, then yes, I would be a tad upset as well. How about you?

To answer you question, yes I have been in a situation where I had to decide to shoot in an instant or not. Thanks for asking.

Were are you getting this info? The article in the OP doesn't contain some of it.

Yes, the cop fired without warning. The article does not say the cop did not see a gun. The article does not say he dragged the guy out in front of his family.

It does say the cop fired 4 times and got two hits.

I did not say I would not be upset. Being upset with one knucklehead does not equate to "cops are scum".

The didn't use proper procedure. He's going to pay for it, as will the taxpayers in Phoenix.

Zona needs to embellish the truth to make it a fairy tale.

ok..I will go slow here

Family Suing After Phoenix Cop Shoots Homeowner Instead of Intruder

When Tony Arambula managed to corner an armed intruder in his son's bedroom he expected police to come to his aid.

Instead, a Phoenix police officer confused Arambula for the intruder and shot him six times before realizing his mistake, a moment captured on the 911 call with a simple "F**k."

Even after realizing their mistake, Arambula said he was treated roughly, being dragged out of the house and transported briefly on the hood of a police car.

To listen to Tony Arambula's 911 call to Phoenix police.
Phoenix Police Shoot Homeowner By Mistake - ABC News

Phoenix Cops Shot Homeowner Tony Arambula Instead of Intruder - ABC News

Meanwhile, officers already chasing Canales arrived in the Arambulas' backyard. Lesley and her boys were outside. “I told them my husband was inside, he was the one with the gun,'' she said Tuesday. She pleaded, “Please don't shoot.”

The officers entered the house with a shout of “Police!” Almost immediately, Lilly shot Tony Arambula in the back, spinning him around. Three more shots were fired at him, one hitting him in the arm. When Arambula fell to the floor, the claim asserts, Lilly shot him two more times.

The shot in back left a gaping exit wound in Arambula's abdomen that was large enough to fit an eight-ounce cup, the claim charges. That's when Arambula told Lilly he'd shot the wrong man. There was an eerie quiet, Arambula recalled.

Later, in his Internal Affairs interview, Lilly admitted firing at Arambula without any verbal warning, according to the claim. A tape of the 911 call cited in the claim quotes Lilly as telling his supervisor moments later, “We (expletive) up.”

Sgt. Sean Coutts asked Lilly where Arambula's gun was when he fired.

“I don't know,'' Lilly responded, according to the claim. “I heard screaming and I fired.”

Coutts reportedly responded, “That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back….We clear?” according to a transcript reproduced in the claim.

Man shot 6 times by police to file suit against Phoenix

Any questions? Especially from you Gunny.

Last edited:
It is clear you are making biased projections based on what you think are facts Zona.

Did you not see my post above yours? Did you not listen to the 911 tape? Seriously...or are you kdding me here?

Yes, I read your post. I also listened to the 911 call. I don't dispute that the police in question messed up. I don't dispute that an innocent man was shot. What I am disputing is the claim that the officers in question purposefully tried to cover up what transpired. We have no proof of that. On the other hand, we have your projection of perceived truth.

No, I am not kidding. In fact, I am quite cognizant of what has been reported thus far.

It is clear you are making biased projections based on what you think are facts Zona.

Did you not see my post above yours? Did you not listen to the 911 tape? Seriously...or are you kdding me here?

Yes, I read your post. I also listened to the 911 call. I don't dispute that the police in question messed up. I don't dispute that an innocent man was shot. What I am disputing is the claim that the officers in question purposefully tried to cover up what transpired. We have no proof of that. On the other hand, we have your projection of perceived truth.

No, I am not kidding. In fact, I am quite cognizant of what has been reported thus far.

“That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back….We clear?” and whats with dragging him outside and throwing him on a hot car even when they knew they screwed up?

“That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back….We clear?” and whats with dragging him outside and throwing him on a hot car even when they knew they screwed up?

In order to arrive at the position you are debating, you have to assume that the bias you injected into the information read was in fact not bias much less injected projection of your own doing.

If you were in a lawyer in court questioning a witness, your manner of questioning would be objected due to 'leading the witness.' You are trying to lead me and others into your biased assumption that you have painted as truth. And if we keep reading the parts you presented enough, it will magically become obvious to us as well. I am not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Trying to point out biased projection to a man who believes Sean Hannity is a Nazi, is an exercise in futility. Stephen Hawking would have a better chance at walking again.

I am not wasting anymore of my time.

I'm trying to remember (and find the link), but police accidental shootings of non-criminals run somewhere in the neighborhood of 11% nationwide.

Racially, I wonder what the percentage would be.

The study was a comparison of accidental shootings by police compared to citizen weapons carriers. The citizen rate was less than 2% but with an exponentially greater number of stopped crimes than the PDs.

Police in phoenix responded to a 911 for an intruder. They proceded to shoot the homeowner six times, first shooting him in the back. 911 tapes record the officers, one saying "fuck, I shot the home owner." The other saying "don't worry, I got your back man."

Arambula family sues after cop shoots homeowner, not intruder

Just doing their job? Honest mistake?

Or have Maricopa county's over zealous cops really screwed up this time?

Arizona is MC-CAIN COUNTRY.... This is what "those people" want in that state.....

They LIKE this sort of thing....

That has got to be one of the most ignorant fucking remarks I have ever seen.

No, it is coming from new regulations installed for the Phoenix PD. Joe Arpaio pressured Phoenix to make a new policy to match his heavy handed tactics, despite years of a policy that Phoenix PD did not get involved in the federal matter of immigration. Now officers are required to report "suspected" illegals. How do you supect an illegal, exactly? Kind of like suspecting a person's name isn't it?

Joe Arpaio has put together a sound policy, actually Defending the Constitution and the People of It. To bad the Feds. don't take responsibility so seriously, We'd have better Health Care, Better paying Job's, Cleaner Towns and Cities. Maybe Joe should run for the Senate, or Governor.

Joe's job is to police Maricopa county. He has no authority over US immigration policy. He should run for higher office if this is where his interest lies.

Because You and the Feds. Spit on Immigration Law and refuse to do what paid for, is no excuse for blaming those that care enough to do something that makes a difference. The Feds. are at fault here, and You.

Zona Lied! Why am I not surprised. The 911 call is more reason for the cops to not be clear. There is nothing definitive at all said, in spite of the repeated questioning of the operator? That call says nothing as to circumstance past the fact that the home was invaded.

There may be other evidence, the call is little help.

Joe Arpaio has put together a sound policy, actually Defending the Constitution and the People of It. To bad the Feds. don't take responsibility so seriously, We'd have better Health Care, Better paying Job's, Cleaner Towns and Cities. Maybe Joe should run for the Senate, or Governor.

Joe's job is to police Maricopa county. He has no authority over US immigration policy. He should run for higher office if this is where his interest lies.

Because You and the Feds. Spit on Immigration Law and refuse to do what paid for, is no excuse for blaming those that care enough to do something that makes a difference. The Feds. are at fault here, and You.

So if we let folks like Joe take on Federal matters can I assume that he can declare war with Mexico too if he thinks the US should do that?

In order to arrive at the position you are debating, you have to assume that the bias you injected into the information read was in fact not bias much less injected projection of your own doing.

If you were in a lawyer in court questioning a witness, your manner of questioning would be objected due to 'leading the witness.' You are trying to lead me and others into your biased assumption that you have painted as truth. And if we keep reading the parts you presented enough, it will magically become obvious to us as well. I am not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Trying to point out biased projection to a man who believes Sean Hannity is a Nazi, is an exercise in futility. Stephen Hawking would have a better chance at walking again.

I am not wasting anymore of my time.

I can understand you not wanting to do that.

Sounds like the officer fucked up, and owned up to it immediately.

As for his partner saying "I've got your back" - I would think any partner would say that. Doesn't mean he is going to help cover it up. He was probably just saying it to calm him down.

There is no doubt the officer should be fired.

I don't know how the illegal immigration stuff ties into this story. If you think Phoenix and/or Maricopa cops would just shoot someone because they're hispanic then the streets would be flowing blood over there since there are hispanic looking people all over the place.

The Cop made a bad mistake and admitted to it. That is the Foundation. Yes the Home Owner is the Victim, and should be well compensated. I'd like to here more from those directly involved, about how it went down, and how it's being handled. Blind Crusades do more harm than good.

I'm just curious, how do you compensate a dead man?

The Cop made a bad mistake and admitted to it. That is the Foundation. Yes the Home Owner is the Victim, and should be well compensated. I'd like to here more from those directly involved, about how it went down, and how it's being handled. Blind Crusades do more harm than good.

I'm just curious, how do you compensate a dead man?

He didn't die.

Forum List

Back