Coons took "bearded Marxist" turn

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
An article Democrat Chris Coons wrote for his college newspaper may not go over so well in corporation-friendly Delaware, where he already faces an uphill battle for Vice President Joe Biden’s old Senate seat.

The title? “Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.”

In the article, Coons, then 21 years old and about to graduate from Amherst College, chronicled his transformation from a sheltered, conservative-minded college student who had worked for former GOP Delaware Sen. William Roth and had campaigned for Ronald Reagan in 1980 into a cynical young adult who was distrustful of American power and willing to question the American notion of free enterprise.

Coons took 'bearded Marxist' turn - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

Might as well bring up some things said by O'Donnell's opponent since we're hearing about her past statements so much.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Yeah well, he may be a Marxist bent on destroying the American Capitalist system as we know it but look at her. She took nearly 20 years to get her college degree! Who want's someone like that representing us?

It took me 18 years to get my degree! :lol:

Yeah well, he may be a Marxist bent on destroying the American Capitalist system as we know it but look at her. She took nearly 20 years to get her college degree! Who want's someone like that representing us?

It took me 18 years to get my degree! :lol:

lol, I'd rather have someone with a G.E.D. representing me than a Marxist.:evil:

yep, all this bs about O'Donnell is to keep the heat off Coons. talk about your "regular joe type".

Things are getting out on him now, spread the word folks.

Look, just because he claims he is a marxist doesn't mean he's a marxist. It's clear that the Republicans just paid him off so they can fearmonger.

Yea another whiny Anti-American Marxist. That's just what we need. Seriously,who would actually rush out there and vote for this guy? He's also Harry Reid's "Pet" for God's sake. It really should be 'Anyone but Coons' at this point. Yikes!

OK, I knew I'd be the first to say it, but it HAS to be said, Am I the only one who thinks Coons is a racist name?

Bass, are you offended by the name Coons?

What is it with the Tea Bagger/Conservative proclivity toward stupidity? They carried water for Bush 43 for eight years. They champion Sarah Palin and now Christine O'Donnell.

They'll thoroughly accept someone who 'dabbled' in witchcraft after they torpedo a Mormon because of his faith. They'll sell us a bill of goods on a governor who quits half way through her first term. A governor who is not praised for her insight, communication skills or wisdom and then and turn around and call Liberals 'Libtards'.

Ya gotta love their passion. But ya gotta question their overall judgment.

Where's the smart, capable Conservative/Tea bagger? Or am I posing something of a trick question here?

What is it with the Tea Bagger/Conservative proclivity toward stupidity? They carried water for Bush 43 for eight years. They champion Sarah Palin and now Christine O'Donnell.

They'll thoroughly accept someone who 'dabbled' in witchcraft after they torpedo a Mormon because of his faith. They'll sell us a bill of goods on a governor who quits half way through her first term. A governor who is not praised for her insight, communication skills or wisdom and then and turn around and call Liberals 'Libtards'.

Where's the smart, capable Conservative/Tea bagger? Or am I posing something of a trick question here?

You complain about being called names while calling names.

I'm not complaining about being called a "libtard". I'm incredulous as to the judgment, wisdom, knowledge and intellectual capacity of those who call me a libtard while supporting morons and idiots.

It's spelled I-R-O-N-I-C

An article Democrat Chris Coons wrote for his college newspaper may not go over so well in corporation-friendly Delaware, where he already faces an uphill battle for Vice President Joe Biden’s old Senate seat.

In the article, Coons, then 21 years old and about to graduate from Amherst College, chronicled his transformation from a sheltered, conservative-minded college student who had worked for former GOP Delaware Sen. William Roth and had campaigned for Ronald Reagan in 1980 into a cynical young adult who was distrustful of American power and willing to question the American notion of free enterprise.

Might as well bring up some things said by O'Donnell's opponent since we're hearing about her past statements so much.

As an O'Donnell supporter, I must say that the paper Coons wrote at the age of 21 has little if any significance.

I would look at much of the static around O'Donnell as being equally unimportant, if the story focuses on an event that took place eons ago.

Rather, the political science axiom, 'message trumps resume' is far more important. This is the year of conservative ascendancy, and the typical Democrat taxing record of Coons is far more significant.

"Coons, 47, is the top executive of New Castle County, home to a majority of Delaware’s population. From a Republican perspective, there’s one really important thing to know about his time in office: In 2004, when Coons first ran for the job, he promised not to raise taxes. Since then he has raised taxes not once, not twice, but three times.

Coons inherited a surplus. Celebrating victory on election night in 2004, he said his “top priority would be to continue balancing the budget without increasing property taxes,” according to an account in the local News Journal. Yet in 2006, he pushed through a 5 percent increase in property taxes. In 2007, he raised property taxes 17.5 percent. In 2009, he raised them another 25 percent.
Coons wanted to raise other taxes, too. He proposed a hotel tax, a tax on paramedic services, even a tax on people who call 911 from cell phones.

Put it all together, and could central casting have come up with a better Democrat for a Republican to run against?"

Read more at the Washington Examiner: In Delaware, GOP should target Dems, not O'Donnell | Washington Examiner

Last edited:

I'm not complaining about being called a "libtard". I'm incredulous as to the judgment, wisdom, knowledge and intellectual capacity of those who call me a libtard while supporting morons and idiots.

It's spelled I-R-O-N-I-C

No, it's spelled S-U-B-J-E-C-T-I-V-E.

As an O'Donnell supporter, I must say that the paper Coons wrote at the age of 21 has little if any significance.

I would look at much of the static around O'Donnell as being equally unimportant, if the story focuses on an event that took place eons ago.

Rather, the political science axion, 'message trumps resume' is far more important. This is the year of conservative ascendancy, and the typical Democrat taxing record of Coons is far more significant.

"Coons, 47, is the top executive of New Castle County, home to a majority of Delaware’s population. From a Republican perspective, there’s one really important thing to know about his time in office: In 2004, when Coons first ran for the job, he promised not to raise taxes. Since then he has raised taxes not once, not twice, but three times.

Coons inherited a surplus. Celebrating victory on election night in 2004, he said his “top priority would be to continue balancing the budget without increasing property taxes,” according to an account in the local News Journal. Yet in 2006, he pushed through a 5 percent increase in property taxes. In 2007, he raised property taxes 17.5 percent. In 2009, he raised them another 25 percent.
Coons wanted to raise other taxes, too. He proposed a hotel tax, a tax on paramedic services, even a tax on people who call 911 from cell phones.

Put it all together, and could central casting have come up with a better Democrat for a Republican to run against?"

Read more at the Washington Examiner: In Delaware, GOP should target Dems, not O'Donnell | Washington Examiner

I agree, it's not all that important. As a supporter of neither candidate, I was merely trying to level the playing field by posting something stupid O'Donnell's opponent said in the past.

It's spelled I-R-O-N-I-C

Then produce the towering intellect who is also a Tea Bagger! Show me the wise, articulate, principled, insightful Conservative!

So far, I've met a girl from Delaware who thinks mice have functioning human brains thanks to human intervention and cloning, A girl from Alaska who seems to be able to make up new words at will and skip out on her responsibility as an elected official, and various men who don't seem to have the ability to do much other than sell Lady Kenmores at Sears.

Where's the Reagan? Where's the Goldwater? Where's the William F. Buckley among the contemporary Conservatives? All I've seen are Rush Limbaugh sycophants who want my vote. Good luck!

It's spelled I-R-O-N-I-C

Then produce the towering intellect who is also a Tea Bagger! Show me the wise, articulate, principled, insightful Conservative!

So far, I've met a girl from Delaware who thinks mice have functioning human brains thanks to human intervention and cloning, A girl from Alaska who seems to be able to make up new words at will and skip out on her responsibility as an elected official, and various men who don't seem to have the ability to do much other than sell Lady Kenmores at Sears.

Where's the Reagan? Where's the Goldwater? Where's the William F. Buckley among the contemporary Conservatives? All I've seen are Rush Limbaugh sycophants who want my vote. Good luck!

Again, this is all your opinion. I support Rand Paul, who is affiliated with the Tea Party, though I'm guessing you'll call him a "Rush Limbaugh."

-
Well--I'll betcha the liberal main stream media won't mention a word about this--:razz:

Forum List

Back