CDZ Coolidge and Reagan 20th Century's Number 1 & 2 Greatest Presidents

I rank Ronald Reagan number 1 President of the 20th century. He brought down the Soviet Empire single-handedly, in spite of the Democrats doing everything they could to undermine his efforts. He accomplished what others would not have even attempted. He should be on Mt. Rushmore.

The Soviet Empire was going to crumble with or without Reagan.

A mindless pronouncement that had been going on for 70 years. The Soviet Union was poised to establish economic hegemony over Western Europe when it placed nuclear IRBMs in Eastern Europe and demanded long term single-supplier energy contracts with Western Europe. Despite strong foreign and domestic opposition, Reagan began placing our own nuclear IRBMs in Western Europe. This caused the Soviet Union to cave in and remove these missiles, ending its gambit of securing its economic future through energy extortion. Without this source of additional revenue, it could not possibly keep up with Reagan's military buildup and essentially went bankrupt.

The historical comparisons are instructive: Carter's and Obama's weakness both encouraged Russian aggression, while JFK's and RR's "showdowns" had the opposite effect.

We still, as a nation, haven't recovered from Reagan's catering to the rich w/ his upside down policies.

More mindless carping. What do you think the "rich" spend their money on? The answer is high skilled labor and high tech investment. For example, Clinton's tax increases effectively killed luxury yacht building in the U.S. As a result, thousands of good paying jobs were permanently lost to foreign manufacturers. (Sound familiar?) What about Bill Gates? Did his billions take food out of the mouths of hungry children? Of course not: He created thousands of good paying jobs for Americans. According to your "logic" the nation is better served by spending more money on booze, drugs and cigarettes.

Clearly Coolidge had the best economic record in the 20th Century and, having the benefit of a Conservative Congress, was most faithful to the Constitution. He cut taxes and ordered REAL spending cuts. Harding and Coolidge inherited a terrible economy and turned it around in record time.

Reagan, did not have a Republican Congress, but he loved America. He declared the USSR an "Evil Empire" and vowed to defeat them and with the Pope and other principled, freedom loving leaders. He liberated Eastern Europe from the crushing, dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism

Coolidge and Reagan were the 20th Century's Number 1 & 2 Greatest Presidents

Hmm-- Frank, I think you meant to post this thread here. Amirite?

Clearly Coolidge had the best economic record in the 20th Century and, having the benefit of a Conservative Congress, was most faithful to the Constitution. He cut taxes and ordered REAL spending cuts. Harding and Coolidge inherited a terrible economy and turned it around in record time.

Reagan, did not have a Republican Congress, but he loved America. He declared the USSR an "Evil Empire" and vowed to defeat them and with the Pope and other principled, freedom loving leaders. He liberated Eastern Europe from the crushing, dehumanizing oppression of Soviet Communism

Coolidge and Reagan were the 20th Century's Number 1 & 2 Greatest Presidents

Hmm-- Frank, I think you meant to post this thread here. Amirite?

Pogo, I think you better go back to hmming.

We still, as a nation, haven't recovered from Reagan's catering to the rich w/ his upside down policies.

More mindless carping. What do you think the "rich" spend their money on? The answer is high skilled labor and high tech investment. For example, Clinton's tax increases effectively killed luxury yacht building in the U.S. As a result, thousands of good paying jobs were permanently lost to foreign manufacturers. (Sound familiar?) What about Bill Gates? Did his billions take food out of the mouths of hungry children? Of course not: He created thousands of good paying jobs for Americans. According to your "logic" the nation is better served by spending more money on booze, drugs and cigarettes.
ummm.....I'm going to have to ask for (although you should've provided them in your post w/o being asked) a link.

Reagan called the USSR an Evil Empire, declared Communism a Failure and made Gorby tear down the Berlin Wall and "let my people go"

Reagan quest for freedom for Eastern Europe made him a hero both in the USA and in eastern Europe.

Reagan+Statue+Tblisi+Georgia.jpg

reagan-statue-hungary.gif

Reagan+Statue+Warsaw+Poland.jpg

072412_Reagan_SWIFF.jpg

Historians differ somewhat on the ratings of Coolidge and Reagan, Coolidge was rated 36th out of 43 and Reagan 18th out of 43. Of course, Reagan voted for FDR so that added ten steps to Reagan's rating. When Bush was added that pushed the presidents up another step.

ummm.....I'm going to have to ask for (although you should've provided them in your post w/o being asked) a link.

Sorry, I thought it was common knowledge.

Shipwrecked In New Jersey The Freeman Foundation for Economic Education

a single source for all of that in your previous post? You can't be serious?

Historians differ somewhat on the ratings of Coolidge and Reagan, Coolidge was rated 36th out of 43 and Reagan 18th out of 43. Of course, Reagan voted for FDR so that added ten steps to Reagan's rating. When Bush was added that pushed the presidents up another step.
Historians are wrong. FDR was a miserable failure in his own right, but compared to Coolidge...FDR was an invertebrate. Coolidge cut spending and taxes and let America work and we got the Roaring Twenties. FDR wanted to be Little Joe Stalin and gave us the FDR Depression, an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Historians are wrong. FDR was a miserable failure in his own right, but compared to Coolidge...FDR was an invertebrate. Coolidge cut spending and taxes and let America work and we got the Roaring Twenties. FDR wanted to be Little Joe Stalin and gave us the FDR Depression, an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk
Well add to the historians that voted FDR one of America's top three presidents since they began voting in 1948, the American people. We discover the American people voted to elect FDR four times in a row, probably a record that may remain as long as America remains. And finally the conservatives have declared FDR a failure every chance they get so that pretty much clinches FDR's place in American history.

a single source for all of that in your previous post? You can't be serious?

You asked for a link and you got it. Rather than dispute its accuracy, you simply ask for more links. I am not responsible for your lack of knowledge in this area.

Forum List

Back