Coolest Summer I can remember...

Hottest summer here in SW Missouri in the 14 years I've been here. Past week or so it's been 100+ every day.

Historic Averages:

Avg Min Max Record Low High Avg Rainfall
August 66° 90° 44° (1967) 106° (1984) 3.37"

9am now, 80F already. Looking at the daily record temps here,
Intellicast - Springfield Historic Weather Averages in Missouri 65802

This past week we've broken records set back in 1938.
From the University of Missouri:
July 2014 Weather and Its Impacts on Missouri
Pat Guinan
State Climatologist
Commercial Agriculture/University of Missouri Extension

A persistent northwesterly flow upper air weather pattern resulted in one of the coolest Julys on record for Missouri, and much of the Midwest, Figure 1. Preliminary data indicate an average statewide temperature of 72.7°F, nearly 5 degrees below normal, and eclipsing July 2009 by 0.1°F to become the second coolest July on record. Only July 1950 was cooler, Figure 2. Illinois and Indiana witnessed their first or second coolest July on record.

BTW click on the coolest July on record and see all of the pretty graphs. We'll see what they post for August when August is over. Eh?

Last edited:
From the University of Missouri:
July 2014 Weather and Its Impacts on Missouri
Pat Guinan
State Climatologist
Commercial Agriculture/University of Missouri Extension

A persistent northwesterly flow upper air weather pattern resulted in one of the coolest Julys on record for Missouri, and much of the Midwest, Figure 1. Preliminary data indicate an average statewide temperature of 72.7°F, nearly 5 degrees below normal, and eclipsing July 2009 by 0.1°F to become the second coolest July on record. Only July 1950 was cooler, Figure 2. Illinois and Indiana witnessed their first or second coolest July on record.

It was below normal in July. But this isn't July.

Hottest summer here in SW Missouri in the 14 years I've been here. Past week or so it's been 100+ every day.

Historic Averages:

BTW, the site The Weather Channel has this for August. hmmmm......

MonthAvg.
High
Avg.
Low
MeanAvg.
Precip
Record
High
Record
Low
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Aug89°F67°F78°F3.55 in.108°F (2011)44°F (1967)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

As usualy, you don't understand what you're reading. That result was for the month of August, not a by-day record. We broke records this past week set in 1938 for the hottest day in August, not the hottest August altogether.

Hope you don't work a job requiring precision or anything.

Historic Averages:

A hundred everyday you say, here's the past 14 days for Springfield, I see one day.

Past Observations Summary
Home » Local » Past Observations Summary
Springfield, Missouri
Weather Report · Interactive Map · Extended Forecast · Hourly Forecast · Past Observations · Historic Averages
Past Observations Summary Chart
Temperatures
Past Observations Summary Report - °F | °C
Date/TimeHigh TemperatureLow TemperaturePrecipitation*
Wednesday
27 August 2014
80°71°No
Tuesday
26 August 2014
98°73°Yes
Monday
25 August 2014
99°71°No
Sunday
24 August 2014
100°69°No
Saturday
23 August 2014
99°75°No
Friday
22 August 2014
99°74°No
Thursday
21 August 2014
97°73°No
Wednesday
20 August 2014
94°72°No
Tuesday
19 August 2014
96°70°Yes
Monday
18 August 2014
92°64°No
Sunday
17 August 2014
88°69°No
Saturday
16 August 2014
91°71°Yes
Friday
15 August 2014
88°65°No
Thursday
14 August 2014
88°59°No
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Did ya happen to see there are multiple reporting sites for Springfield, or are you skipping that minor detail to try and make whatever your point is?

Did ya happen to see there are multiple reporting sites for Springfield, or are you skipping that minor detail to try and make whatever your point is?
Dude, I just clicked your link and hit passed 14 days it states Springfield. Again, I do not see any record breaking temperatures, nor do I see repeated 100 + days. So, FAIL....

• Thanks
Hey, why don't you then post the table from the site you referred to then? All you gave was a link and I went there and posted those details from that link. Not sure what else I could do. It states Springfield Missouri and that was your reference. And, it didn't give me what you posted. FAIL

• Thanks
And? Post 10 weather websites I'm sure you'll get 10 different results for those stats. :)

10 sites 10 different results...hmmmmmm. Doesn't say much for the quality of the surface record upon which the AGW hoax depends, does it?
I went to two sites, one he posted, and the weather channel and there were no records broken. It was hot for sure 99 and 98 degrees, but that ain't a 100 to which he was bragging about. Dude's full of it. And I asked him to present the data for his claim, and you can see, nothing. Just like those dadburn experiments that there are hundreds and thousands of.

And what I'm learning from this experience is that science isn't about proving what is predicted. It just is and you must except it or you are a denier. LOL

• Thanks
As usualy, you don't understand what you're reading. That result was for the month of August, not a by-day record. We broke records this past week set in 1938 for the hottest day in August, not the hottest August altogether.

Hmmm...From what liberals tell us? That means it's just weather.

Like agw scientists?

In Colorado...

Anyone else experiencing the same?...

Spring was downright cold.

And another rightwingnut denier who imagines that the short term weather in his backyard has anything to do with what is happening to the Earth's climate patterns and temperatures GLOBALLY....

MAY
With records dating back to 1880, the combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces reached a record high for May, at 0.74°C (1.33°F) higher than the 20th century average. This surpassed the previous record high anomaly of 0.72°C (1.30°F) set in 2010. Four of the five warmest Mays on record have occurred in the past five years: 2010 (second warmest), 2012 (third warmest), 2013 (fifth warmest), and 2014 (warmest); currently, 1998 has the fourth warmest May on record. Additionally, May 2014 marked the 39th consecutive May and 351st consecutive month (more than 29 years) with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for May occurred in 1976 and the last below-average temperature for any month occurred in February 1985.

JUNE
The combined average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces for June 2014 was record high for the month, at 0.72°C (1.30°F) above the 20th century average. This surpasses the previous record, set in June 1998, by 0.03°C (0.05°F). Nine of the ten warmest Junes on record have occurred during the 21st century, including each of the past five years. June 2014 also marks the second consecutive month with record high global temperatures. With the exception of February, every month to date in 2014 has ranked among the four warmest for its respective month. Additionally, June 2014 marked the 38th consecutive June and 352nd consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for June was June 1976 and the last below-average global temperature for any month was February 1985.

JULY
The average temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces during July 2014 was 0.64°C (1.15°F) above the 20th century average, the fourth highest for July on record. The record warmest July occurred in 1998, with a temperature that was 0.73°C (1.31°F) higher than average. Eight of the 10 warmest Julys have occurred within the past 10 years (2002 also ranks among the 10 warmest). Additionally, July 2014 marked the 38th consecutive July and 353rd consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for July was July 1976 and the last below-average global temperature for any month was February 1985. With the exception of February, each month during 2014 to date has ranked among the four warmest compared to its respective month.

(source: NOAA)

And another rightwingnut denier who imagines that the short term weather in his backyard has anything to do with what is happening to the Earth's climate patterns and temperatures GLOBALLY....

more hot air...pun intended!

Well, at least you're correctly labeling your posts now. LOL.

The evidence, which you have to ignore for fear of your head exploding, speaks for itself....

MAY
With records dating back to 1880, the combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces reached a record high for May, at 0.74°C (1.33°F) higher than the 20th century average. This surpassed the previous record high anomaly of 0.72°C (1.30°F) set in 2010. Four of the five warmest Mays on record have occurred in the past five years: 2010 (second warmest), 2012 (third warmest), 2013 (fifth warmest), and 2014 (warmest); currently, 1998 has the fourth warmest May on record. Additionally, May 2014 marked the 39th consecutive May and 351st consecutive month (more than 29 years) with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for May occurred in 1976 and the last below-average temperature for any month occurred in February 1985.

JUNE
The combined average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces for June 2014 was record high for the month, at 0.72°C (1.30°F) above the 20th century average. This surpasses the previous record, set in June 1998, by 0.03°C (0.05°F). Nine of the ten warmest Junes on record have occurred during the 21st century, including each of the past five years. June 2014 also marks the second consecutive month with record high global temperatures. With the exception of February, every month to date in 2014 has ranked among the four warmest for its respective month. Additionally, June 2014 marked the 38th consecutive June and 352nd consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for June was June 1976 and the last below-average global temperature for any month was February 1985.

JULY
The average temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces during July 2014 was 0.64°C (1.15°F) above the 20th century average, the fourth highest for July on record. The record warmest July occurred in 1998, with a temperature that was 0.73°C (1.31°F) higher than average. Eight of the 10 warmest Julys have occurred within the past 10 years (2002 also ranks among the 10 warmest). Additionally, July 2014 marked the 38th consecutive July and 353rd consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average global temperature for July was July 1976 and the last below-average global temperature for any month was February 1985. With the exception of February, each month during 2014 to date has ranked among the four warmest compared to its respective month.
(source: NOAA)

And? Post 10 weather websites I'm sure you'll get 10 different results for those stats. :)

10 sites 10 different results...hmmmmmm. Doesn't say much for the quality of the surface record upon which the AGW hoax depends, does it?
I went to two sites, one he posted, and the weather channel and there were no records broken. It was hot for sure 99 and 98 degrees, but that ain't a 100 to which he was bragging about. Dude's full of it. And I asked him to present the data for his claim, and you can see, nothing. Just like those dadburn experiments that there are hundreds and thousands of.

And what I'm learning from this experience is that science isn't about proving what is predicted. It just is and you must except it or you are a denier. LOL

Real science is about expecting what your hypothesis predicts and if it doesn't happen, then you junk the hypothesis and try again till you get it right...climate science simply claims that whatever happens is what they were predicting and then they change the historical data to support the claim.

Forum List

Back