Coolest April On Record

let me say this one more fucking time:

until you start replying to questions asked of you, you really have no business asking more questions yourself. I ask a question...you answer it.... and then you ask a question, and I answer it.

Do you get the hang of how that all works now?

no more questions from you until you answer some of mine.

I did not change the talking points MM

You are lashing out at the wrong person

I did not change the talking points MM

You are lashing out at the wrong person

I don't use "talking points".... I merely asked you a simple question so we could establish the framework for further discussion... I asked if you understood the difference between changing weather and changing climate?

If you don't understand the difference, that is fine. I just would like to know one way or the other. Do you think you could answer that question, please?

if you can't.... don't bother spamming this thread with a bunch of crap....let's just let it die

Ann Curry Pedals 'People-Powered Blender' to 'Save the Environment!'
Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on May 17, 2007 - 17:20.
On this morning's Today show NBC's Ann Curry revealed her green-streak as she pedaled her way on a "people-powered blender" to save the environment. Appearing with the co-founder of Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream, Jerry Greenfield, Curry gushed over the company's liberal causes and even mounted a stationary bike to blend smoothies and boasted: "You see, you can save the environment! It is possible!"

http://newsbusters.org/node/12830

Do your part MM - go buy it at a store near you

Oil Patch Democrats Concerned Global Warming Bill Could Raise Energy Prices
Posted by Noel Sheppard on May 17, 2007 - 14:29.
Did you hear about the nineteen Democrats that sent a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Maryland) expressing concern that a global warming bill being discussed in the House could reduce energy supplies and raise prices?

You didn’t? Want to know why?

Well, because other than Environment & Energy Daily, nobody reported it.

*****Critical Update: Complete text of letter follows.

Regardless, the short piece by Ben Geman was rather extraordinary (h/t Benny Peiser, subscription required, emphasis added throughout):

[Rep. Gene Green (D-Texas)] and 18 other Democrats sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) noting oil and gas will continue to provide a large share of the nation's energy supply. The letter cautions against an "unrealistic or inequitable" approach to oil and natural gas.

"If our climate change policy leads to gasoline or natural gas supply disruptions and price spikes, consumers and voters will question that policy," wrote the House members from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Colorado, Utah, Arkansas, Georgia and Hawaii.

Any wonder why this wasn’t reported? The article continued:

The letter links high natural gas prices in recent years to job losses in the manufacturing sector. "I want to make sure that whatever we do, we address global warming and still realize we need to run our vehicles and cool and heat our homes," Green said in the interview.

It appears that to a global warming alarmist media, any discussion of climate change solutions causing higher energy prices is verboten, even if raised by Democrats.

What a disgrace.

*****Here is the letter in question:

Dear Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Hoyer: -

As the House of Representatives addresses the important issue of global climate change and the most effective way to deal with this challenge, we must consider the impact of any proposal on the reliability and affordability of our nation's critical energy supplies.

U.S. consumers use 880 million gallons of oil products, such a gasoline, and 60 billion cubic feet of natural gas every day to drive, fly, keep warm and cool, and make indispensable items like medicines, fertilizers and fabrics. Of our total energy use, 40% comes from oil, 23% from natural gas and 23% from coal.

Renewable energy is expected to dramatically increase in the next 25 years, and we support many efforts to diversify our energy supply. Even with increases in renewables, conservation and efficiency, the Energy Information Administration (EIA) and other forecasters conclude that oil, natural gas, and coal will continue to make up the large majority of U.S. energy use in 2030 and beyond.

We can increase renewable energy, but if we take an unrealistic or inequitable approach to oil and natural gas, we will fail to provide Americans with adequate supplies of fuel and energy at affordable prices. If our climate change policy leads to gasoline or natural gas supply disruptions and price spikes, consumers and voters will question that policy.

For example, legislative action capping greenhouse gases must take into account a likely increase in demand for already expensive natural gas in the short-term, since it is the most widely available and affordable climate-friendly alternative to coal-fired power plants. High natural gas prices over the past few years have already led to higher heating, cooling, and power bills for consumers, in addition to the loss of approximately 100,000 manufacturing jobs. Without increasing supply from our vast North American gas resources as part of a climate change policy,

American consumers will likely see increased natural gas prices. Our goal is a climate and energy policy that maximizes greenhouse emission reductions while minimizing negative impacts to the economy such as shortages or price spikes. We look forward to working with you to promote conservation and new technologies while simultaneously ensuring adequate and affordable supplies of oil and natural gas.

Thank you for your consideration and please contact us if we can be of any assistance.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12820

Forum List

Back