cool weather and cold weather foods

Steak....

ummm...more steak.

And steak?

Only if the weather's still good enough to fire up the grill. If so, the mushrooms to go with it are great this time of year. And fresh potatoes for baking. But still early enough for a good spinach salad. Now I'm getting hungry!

I have steak all summer long. When it cools off it's time for roasts & potatoes.

I made the kids fried potatoes this morning for breakfast, with their eggs.

Steak....

ummm...more steak.

And steak?

Only if the weather's still good enough to fire up the grill. If so, the mushrooms to go with it are great this time of year. And fresh potatoes for baking. But still early enough for a good spinach salad. Now I'm getting hungry!

According to the laws of physics, there is no such thing as weather bad enough to prevent me from firing up the grill for steak.

Steak....

ummm...more steak.

And steak?

According to the laws of physics, there is no such thing as weather bad enough to prevent me from firing up the grill for steak.
Easy to say in Atlanta. But, black angus porterhouse though would also get me out in sub-zero temps (not really, I'd just let someone else do that and stay in next to the fire with my brandy).

Steak....

ummm...more steak.

And steak?

In Atlanta? I think I'd be grilling all year too.
In the middle of a nor'easter? It's the crock pot for sure.

Easy to say in Atlanta. But, black angus porterhouse though would also get me out in sub-zero temps (not really, I'd just let someone else do that and stay in next to the fire with my brandy).

Pshaw. I would grill at the north pole. I mean it when I say that grilling to me is an all-seasons, all locations type of activity. Besides, I hear reindeer meat is tasty.

In Atlanta? I think I'd be grilling all year too.
In the middle of a nor'easter? It's the crock pot for sure.

I've grilled in the middle of a hurricane (cat-1) before. Also a snowstorm.

Pshaw. I would grill at the north pole. I mean it when I say that grilling to me is an all-seasons, all locations type of activity. Besides, I hear reindeer meat is tasty.

I wonder what polar bear tastes like?

I wonder what polar bear tastes like?

Probably pretty good.

I had bear once. It tasted like a cross between beef and pork. It was good.

I don't think polar bear or grizzly would be, though. They eat too much meat. Animals that are meat eaters generally taste like they do.

My bear was black bear, in the fall....eating a lot of berries and stuff like that.

Forum List

Back