Cool Video! Waterfalls flow upwards in extreme winds

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Well, not really flowing up, the spray is though.

Winds battering southern Australia over the last 24 hours have been so strong that spray from waterfalls south of Sydney has billowed up into the air.

Nearly a month's worth of rain has fallen on the city in 24 hours, and wind speeds have reached 120km/h (75mph).

The extreme weather has meant a rough ride on the city's ferries, and a high surf warning has been issued with waves expected to reach 5m (16ft).

BBC News - Waterfalls flow upwards in extreme winds

Wish I could see it...I'm on dial-up :(

I'll send the 8mm tape reel via carrier pigeon.

Yeah, probably get to see it a lot quicker. Hopefully, though, this is going to change soon, next week perhaps. Just found out I qualify for Obama's Recovery Act deal to provide high speed Internet to rural areas. The satellite company is now offering a deal, thanks to government funding, for free equipment, free installation, and 39.00/month for life with just a 1 year contract. Don't reckon' I'll find a better deal. Have to go with satellite because Century Link, our Internet/Phone provider, will not provide broadband here.

How much could it possibly cost for every poster to chip in and lease a jet to fly to Hawaii and watch it for real?

Can't be that much.

Wish I could see it...I'm on dial-up :(

I'll send the 8mm tape reel via carrier pigeon.

Yeah, probably get to see it a lot quicker. Hopefully, though, this is going to change soon, next week perhaps. Just found out I qualify for Obama's Recovery Act deal to provide high speed Internet to rural areas. The satellite company is now offering a deal, thanks to government funding, for free equipment, free installation, and 39.00/month for life with just a 1 year contract. Don't reckon' I'll find a better deal. Have to go with satellite because Century Link, our Internet/Phone provider, will not provide broadband here.

My daughter has that problem as well. They live out on my ranch in a rual area. I didn't know dial up could prevent you from watching. I do remember some times I would download the video to my desk top, watch it, then discard it. Would that help?

Forum List

Back