Cool Treasure find on Antiques Roadshow

i use to love the show till i found out they pre set the items brought in....you send in pics they research them then you are invited on the show

but i saw that.....now i remember an aztec helmet that a couple found in their attic that was worth a bunch of money but illegal to own...they had to call the museum people or the nuns using the ming dynasty bowl to water the cat

i use to love the show till i found out they pre set the items brought in....you send in pics they research them then you are invited on the show

but i saw that.....now i remember an aztec helmet that a couple found in their attic that was worth a bunch of money but illegal to own...they had to call the museum people or the nuns using the ming dynasty bowl to water the cat

Can you imagine though if they didn't do something like that the number of yahoos who'd show up with less than totally worthless items? It'd take a month of Sundays probably to wade through them all.

I still love that $250,000 dollar blanket that sat on the back of a chair for years.

The owner almost fainted when they told em what it was worth.

Loads of treasure that people don't even know they have.

Gotta love Antiques Roadshow.

I watch this show every week...love it! We buy things at estate sales, garage sales, etc that we can re-sell on Ebay, it's fun to see what we can run into and what people don't know is really worth something! But, haven't run into anything worth ALOT yet...probably the best thing i got was a little Redwing pink dachsaund planter i found in Tennessee for 50 cents, sold it on Ebay for $110.00! :)

I watch this show every week...love it! We buy things at estate sales, garage sales, etc that we can re-sell on Ebay, it's fun to see what we can run into and what people don't know is really worth something! But, haven't run into anything worth ALOT yet...probably the best thing i got was a little Redwing pink dachsaund planter i found in Tennessee for 50 cents, sold it on Ebay for $110.00! :)

I've been selling on ebay since 1998. Back when you could actually call them on the phone and say "hey, item number 123456789 was listed but didn't sell. Someone contacted me after it was over and offered 50 bucks, which I took.Take your cut" and they would say "thank you for letting us know".

Best things I sold were:

1.00 tin haunted house, 1950's=600.00
free persian rug=1500.00
15.00 balsa wood wall clock=850.00
2.00 gumball machine=400.00
100.00 train horns (real train)=500. bidder never picked up at post office so 3 months later it was shipped back. Found out bidder died, no family. Resold for 400.00.

Usually, we (ex and I) make about 900 per month on ebay. If we are lucky.

I've been selling on ebay since 1998. Back when you could actually call them on the phone and say "hey, item number 123456789 was listed but didn't sell. Someone contacted me after it was over and offered 50 bucks, which I took.Take your cut" and they would say "thank you for letting us know".

Best things I sold were:

1.00 tin haunted house, 1950's=600.00
free persian rug=1500.00
15.00 balsa wood wall clock=850.00
2.00 gumball machine=400.00
100.00 train horns (real train)=500. bidder never picked up at post office so 3 months later it was shipped back. Found out bidder died, no family. Resold for 400.00.

Usually, we (ex and I) make about 900 per month on ebay. If we are lucky.

Wow...that's pretty good. It was just a fun hobby for me, i just list things once in awhle now. I always made money on what i bought & sold, but very seldom came on anything at sales that sold for as much as yours! :)

Forum List

Back