Cool Military Stuff!

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Alright all you military buffs on USMB, here's a thread to share cool military stuff, whatever that may be: videos, stories, photos (Crimson White, Bootneck - if you ever get out of garrison), etc.

Let me just kick it off with a video sent to me by miltary.com (a very cool site by the way) of a US sniper taking out a roadside bomber. Very graphic, watch at your own risk!

Videos and Photos of Army Special Ops, Navy SEALs, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard in Action - Shock and Awe - Military.com

Alright all you military buffs on USMB, here's a thread to share cool military stuff, whatever that may be: videos, stories, photos (Crimson White, Bootneck - if you ever get out of garrison), etc.

Let me just kick it off with a video sent to me by miltary.com (a very cool site by the way) of a US sniper taking out a roadside bomber. Very graphic, watch at your own risk!

Videos and Photos of Army Special Ops, Navy SEALs, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard in Action - Shock and Awe - Military.com

British forces have recently been re-equipped with a new sniper rifle – the L115A3. It’s a fantastic piece of kit and with its unerring accuracy and more powerful telescopic sight it virtually guarantees a one round kill at ranges of more than a mile. It’s a little heavier to carry, but given the extra power, it’s worth it. Another bonus is that the improved telescopic sight not only magnifies the target up to 25 times, it also cuts through heat haze, which previously restricted target spotting at longer ranges.

— It fires a higher calibre bullet, 8.59mm rather than 7.62mm, which is heavier and less likely to be deflected over longer ranges
— It has an effective range of 1,100m plus, compared with 900m for the earlier rifle
— The muzzle velocity is 936m/s, up from 838m/s
— A suppressor on the muzzle reduces the flash and noise of the report, reducing the chances of detection
— It weighs 6.8kg and can rapidly fire five rounds
— Each rifle costs £23,000

sniperrifle.jpg

If you're interested, this is how we train our Royal Marine snipers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztlhR56yYBk]YouTube - British Royal Marine Snipers (the Best') - documentary (HQ) - 01/02[/ame]​

What a way to spend Christmas!
christmasdaypatrol.jpg

"It wasn't even my fucking turn to take the dog for a walk!"
dogsofwar4.jpg

Show me the way to go home.
LashkarGah.jpg

Hey, Bootneck, check this thing out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU]YouTube - Barrett M107 .50 Caliber sniper rifle[/ame]

50 cal, semi-automatic sniper rifle! Not quite as stealthy as your Marines use, but a real morale-buster or booster depending on which end you find yourself.

Forum List

Back