Cool images

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Volcanoes often result in lightning. This volcanic eruption in Japan may prove dangerous to some Japanese people, but the image shown in Drudge today (linked from another site) is fascinating and actually somewhat beautiful:

Volcano27_306x325.jpg

Volcanoes often result in lightning. This volcanic eruption in Japan may prove dangerous to some Japanese people, but the image shown in Drudge today (linked from another site) is fascinating and actually somewhat beautiful:

Volcano27_306x325.jpg

I wonder what Japan's "Carbon Foot Print" is today? LOL! I understand that lightening doesn't really come from the sky, but originates from Earth upward. It just happens so fast it appears to the suggestible mind that it came from the sky. Not sure myself, just what I heard.

One of my kids years ago had lightening strike about 15-20 feet away from them, on a mountain top ranch I had in the San Andreas mt.s. They finally listened to me when I told them not to play outside in the rain.:eusa_angel:

A pretty image, no-doubt, Liability. But beauty is, afterall, in the eye of the beholder.

I don't want to be seen as a sycophant or gushing over an undeniably American experience, but I've actually had the privilege of witnessing a space launch. After seeing such a breathtaking display of what's achievable by combining so many branches of engineering aimed towards achieving a goal that man once thought entirely and absolutely beyond his means, I was quite literally speechless, not to mention strangley intimidated by the whole display of seeing men and women being propelled into space. And that combination of emotions often resurfaces (to an extent) whenever I come across pictures or footage like the image below.

space_shuttle_launch.jpg

Leaping back two millenia, we have a relic from antiquity; a part of history that has fascinated me ever since a was a child. I don't mean to make rude, or indeed, ignorant, assumptions, but it's always struck me that most American's can't, or won't, truly appreciate the artefacts of the Roman Empire, compared to someone who lives in a land that was conquered by the Romans and been surrounded by their history. I've visited several ancient Roman sites around the UK and abroad, but nothing has struck me as a more beautiful/poignant example than the mosaic, especially the ones that are near enough fully intact. They're like window back in time.

Roman-Mosaic-Fine-Detail-of-Head2-1024x773.jpg

Last edited:
Without wanting to derail Liability's appreciative thread, there are some images of an adult nature that have tied my tongue.

Anyway, here's another. The RAF's legendary Red Arrows:

Airbourne2009-133.jpg

Forum List

Back