Cooking with Mr. P.....MY RANT!

NATO AIR said:
thanks for the ideas... i'm getting a rice cooker and maybe that electric skillet for the next deployment... depends on how far my first ever whining session with/at my aunts gets me...

Whining? Nonono. If you have to whine for standard necessities while serving, (and still don't get them) let us know - I'm sure some of us would be MORE than willing to hook you up (I consider things like slow cookers, electric skillets, griddles, etc. "necessities"). I ship things overseas frequently, and am involved with several groups that ship to Military bases on a monthly basis.. :)

As for the rice cooker thing, save your money. Rice can be made in any of the other items listed, whereas a rice cooker will only cook...well...rice. And it doesn't cook it any better than anything else will.

Shattered said:
As for the rice cooker thing, save your money. Rice can be made in any of the other items listed, whereas a rice cooker will only cook...well...rice. And it doesn't cook it any better than anything else will.
Hey! We agree again..this could get out of hand!

Mr. P said:
Hey! We agree again..this could get out of hand!

It's kitchen toys, m'dear.. Can only operate using love and logic. :)

(They're still all TOYS, and I'm playing hookie to stay home and play with them - I feel like baking - not working). :finger3: work...

Shattered said:
It's kitchen toys, m'dear.. Can only operate using love and logic. :)

(They're still all TOYS, and I'm playing hookie to stay home and play with them - I feel like baking - not working). :finger3: work...

Baking? Thin mints by chance?

Mr. P said:
Baking? Thin mints by chance?

No. Cranberry walnut fudge, cupcakes for an office party, and chocolate chip pecan toffee cookies.

Tho, thin mints decorated like snowflakes may become a distinct possibility within a couple weeks. :)

Mr. P said:
You really don't need a rice cooker.
Rice in the microwave comes out great and only takes 20-25 min.
You will need a covered glass baking
dish for it though. Get the electric skillet for sure.

i need training on the rice cooking... mine thus far sucks.

Shattered said:
Whining? Nonono. If you have to whine for standard necessities while serving, (and still don't get them) let us know - I'm sure some of us would be MORE than willing to hook you up (I consider things like slow cookers, electric skillets, griddles, etc. "necessities"). I ship things overseas frequently, and am involved with several groups that ship to Military bases on a monthly basis.. :)

ooo, i will definitely be contacting you when i have money again (right before or right after Christmas)

NATO AIR said:
ooo, i will definitely be contacting you when i have money again (right before or right after Christmas)

PM me a list of basic necessities you guys are lacking, and an address. :) No guarantees it gets there before Christmas, with the postal system, but anything IS possible.

Senor P,
I have been upset with you ever since you tried to erode the market share of the Girls Scouts by ripping off their signature products!

Forum List

Back