Cooking with Mr. P.....MY RANT!

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Okay...Let's get this straight! I need feedback!!!
I'm posting recipes and getting nothing, not even a YUKE! Well, except for Joker
he loved the Prime Rib! Oh, and then DL who loved the sauce and thin-mint cookies.
Now, why do you people think that I slave in a hot kitchen perfecting everything
for? Just for FUN!? Get with-it out there! :banana:

I appreciate the effort, buddy! I will post a couple of my bachelor days meals after I return from Branson, Sunday or Monday.

I just got a hold of some Peruvian Lemon Drop Jam (with a hint of habenero....) that is great on fish....or pork.

We'll talk later,

Fmr jarhead said:
I appreciate the effort, buddy! I will post a couple of my bachelor days meals after I return from Branson, Sunday or Monday.

I just got a hold of some Peruvian Lemon Drop Jam (with a hint of habenero....) that is great on fish....or pork.

We'll talk later,

Take care bud, and happy vets day...Marine! SALUTE!!

Mr. P said:
I'm posting recipes and getting nothing, not even a YUKE! Well, except for Joker
he loved the Prime Rib! Oh, and then DL who loved the sauce and thin-mint cookies.
Now, why do you people think that I slave in a hot kitchen perfecting everything

You are talking to a guy here who's idea of fancy eatin is taking the crust off the bread of his sandwich and then sitting indoors to eat it. I'd be more successful at brain surgery than at cooking and I am not even trained to give asprin.

CSM said:
You are talking to a guy here who's idea of fancy eatin is taking the crust off the bread of his sandwich and then sitting indoors to eat it. I'd be more successful at brain surgery than at cooking and I am not even trained to give asprin.

:rotflmao:
Yeah i saw your post on how you make coffee! But I think you're trainable.

Mr. P said:

I'm betting you'd get better feedback if you actually mailed out to people what you make. :D:D

To be fair, I can tell by the ingredient list/quantities if something is going to taste good, bad, or have too much, or not enough of something. So, your recipes themselves are damn good - just don't have time to cook. :)

Shattered said:
I'm betting you'd get better feedback if you actually mailed out to people what you make. :D:D

To be fair, I can tell by the ingredient list/quantities if something is going to taste good, bad, or have too much, or not enough of something. So, your recipes themselves are damn good - just don't have time to cook. :)

If I mailed it out it would be cold! YUKE! :eek2: Remember the presentation too.. very important;)

CSM said:
or donuts...donuts are good cold...very good as a matter of fact.
I have one for you CSM, it's easy and worth big culinary points!...Holidays coming..parties..even if you don't do the party stuff it's good during the day at home, you know before the Turkey is done. I'll post it soon.

i send your recipes to my relatives (my aunt in NJ who cooks really well, my aunt in Austin, TX who has taken up cooking hardcore the past few years, my sister and her family). i just don't have a way to cook any of this, i live on the ship now again and have no ability to cook anything more than soup in the microwave. in 3 years when i get out, i will definitely try to cook some of this myself in miami while i'm going to school, but hey, i really do appreciate your recipes, the stuff looks delicious from the ingredients and care you're putting into it.

NATO AIR said:
i send your recipes to my relatives (my aunt in NJ who cooks really well, my aunt in Austin, TX who has taken up cooking hardcore the past few years, my sister and her family). i just don't have a way to cook any of this, i live on the ship now again and have no ability to cook anything more than soup in the microwave. in 3 years when i get out, i will definitely try to cook some of this myself in miami while i'm going to school, but hey, i really do appreciate your recipes, the stuff looks delicious from the ingredients and care you're putting into it.

Thanks Nato...I'll watch for good microwave stuff for ya. Can you buy stuff (food) to cook on ship?

Mr. P said:
Make you a deal P...
I'll try your turkey if you try mine...
Deal????

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Make you a deal P...
I'll try your turkey if you try mine...
Deal????
Man I would but then I'd have to go buy all that stuff...and peanut oil..HUH
$12 a gallon! NO WAY! But I do hear fried Turkey is very good. Maybe someday.

Mr. P said:
Man I would but then I'd have to go buy all that stuff...and peanut oil..HUH
$12 a gallon! NO WAY! But I do hear fried Turkey is very good. Maybe someday.
You can get Lou Anna oil for like $23 at Wal Mart...but you need one and a half
containers. Unless you get a bigger turkey, the bigger the turkey, the less oil.
Plus you can strain it and use the oil at least two more times. If you're ever in CO
let me know. we'll fry some up and have a cold one.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
You can get Lou Anna oil for like $23 at Wal Mart...but you need one and a half
containers. Unless you get a bigger turkey, the bigger the turkey, the less oil.
Plus you can strain it and use the oil at least two more times. If you're ever in CO
let me know. we'll fry some up and have a cold one.

Deal!

Mr. P said:
I have one for you CSM, it's easy and worth big culinary points!...Holidays coming..parties..even if you don't do the party stuff it's good during the day at home, you know before the Turkey is done. I'll post it soon.
The turkey I buy is always ready to eat. The deli slices it for me too....as for the whole party thing....one has to have friends to have a party....I suppose I could rent a few though.

CSM said:
The turkey I buy is always ready to eat. The deli slices it for me too....as for the whole party thing....one has to have friends to have a party....I suppose I could rent a few though.

I can be rented for cookies...

Mr. P...I do plan on doing your turkey. I didn have plans on the Prime Rib too, but that got put on the back burner for now.

CSM...you have a party...and Im sure some of us can get there!! hahaha

Forum List

Back