Cooking With Mr.P.....A Holiday Snack

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon

Well, really this isn't just for the holidays, it's good for any type party and very easy to make.

1lb Jimmy Dean hot sausage (ground)
1lb hamburger
1lb velveta cheese.
1 package deli cocktail size rye bread

Mix the sausage and hamburger together WELL, cook in large frying pan, breaking apart into small pieces. Drain
Mix in cheese to melt, stirring for even distribution...spoon onto deli cocktail size rye bread.

Note: These are heavy...3 can easily kill your appetite or at least take the edge off.

Mr. P said:

Well, really this isn't just for the holidays, it's good for any type party and very easy to make.

1lb Jimmy Dean hot sausage (ground)
1lb hamburger
1lb velveta cheese.
1 package deli cocktail size rye bread

Mix the sausage and hamburger together WELL, cook in large frying pan, breaking apart into small pieces. Drain
Mix in cheese to melt, stirring for even distribution...spoon onto deli cocktail size rye bread.

Note: These are heavy...3 can easily kill your appetite or at least take the edge off.
sounds like "heart attack in a bun". I'll probably like em a lot! Have to throw in some peppers and onions too, methinks.

CSM said:
sounds like "heart attack in a bun". I'll probably like em a lot! Have to throw in some peppers and onions too, methinks.
A small piece of the right Hot/mild pepper laid across the top might work. I don't know about the onion though.

There's a little hamburger place here in town that's been here forever! They have THE best hamburgers and we figured out that they put sausage in it. I've tried it a few times at home, and although they're not as good as the originals, Holy hell they're good!! LOL!
I'll definately have to try this, sounds awesome!! :D

Mr. P said:
Airborne!!! 1/17th Air Cav.
How's ole Iron Mike?
LMAO!! That's wierd has hell, I was JUST reading about him not 10 minutes ago, LOL!! I was thinking of using him for my avatar! Hooah! :D

UsaPride said:
LMAO!! That's wierd has hell, I was JUST reading about him not 10 minutes ago, LOL!! I was thinking of using him for my avatar! Hooah! :D

:clap: Do it!
I lived on the hill above the PX in the BOQ for a year 1/2 then moved to an apartment off post..I'd have to look at a map to tell ya where..that was long ago..74-77.

Mr. P said:
:clap: Do it!
I lived on the hill above the PX in the BOQ for a year 1/2 then moved to an apartment off post..I'd have to look at a map to tell ya where..that was long ago..74-77.
Now, you know I'm gonna wanna know where, LOL!!!!
74-77, Hey, I was here then too! Barely :p: :D

Mr. P said:
In a small complex just north (1/4 mile) of the Weatherstone apartments..on hwy 401.
Well now I'm clueless, LOL! I know 401, but that's about it.
You should come back for a visit, they've opened the Airborne and Special Ops Museum. For anyone in service, I'm sure they'd love it.
I've taken the babies every year of their lives. They've learned more about the military in 3 years then I did most of my life, lol! Although I didn't know much except 82nd was/is the shit :D, I was raised to respect the soldiers as will my kids!!

UsaPride said:
Well now I'm clueless, LOL! I know 401, but that's about it.
You should come back for a visit, they've opened the Airborne and Special Ops Museum. For anyone in service, I'm sure they'd love it.
I've taken the babies every year of their lives. They've learned more about the military in 3 years then I did most of my life, lol! Although I didn't know much except 82nd was/is the shit :D, I was raised to respect the soldiers as will my kids!!

I have a few photos you may like to see.
One is of a Billboard just after the I-95 exit into Fay..It's a KKK ad. Yep it was there...I have proof. The others are at the Cape Fear dock, where the story is
they used to unload slaves and walk them into town to auction. I'll have to find them an scan....

Mr. P said:
The others are at the Cape Fear dock, where the story is
they used to unload slaves and walk them into town to auction.
Let me guess, to the Market House.
I would love to see the pics. I knew the KKK was here, my great grandfather was a member (this I'm not proud of). He was tarred, feathered, and drug through town by his KKK brothers for beating his wife. Guess they were good for something!

UsaPride said:
Let me guess, to the Market House.
I would love to see the pics. I knew the KKK was here, my great grandfather was a member (this I'm not proud of). He was tarred, feathered, and drug through town by his KKK brothers for beating his wife. Guess they were good for something!

The Market House..yes, I think that's what it was called...I'll look for the pics.

Hey Mr. P, I'm just talking to my mom about you and she says you might be familiar with the infamous Hay st. :whip: Ring a bell? :D

Forum List

Back