Cooking Tools You Wouldn't Give Up

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I saw this post, Al Dente: Thoughts on Yesterday's Tools of The Trade...
and thought, what tools wouldn't I give up? I'm not selling anything, so I'm not listing things like rubber scraper, spatula, oven mitts...

Kitchen Aid Mixer
Breadmaker
Blender
Microwave
Microplane
Electric Knife
Bagel Ready Toaster
Grill/Griddle Pan
Mandolin Slicer

I really use my food processor a lot, but if push came to shove, the blender and mandolin would take up less space and I'd still be ok. LOL!

Two things I use all the time. One I need to replace because it is worn out now.

Large hand held cheese grater (flat). (Also good for draining water from pans).

Pampered Chef cooking oil pump spray bottle (best x-mas present ever).

Last edited:
Two things I use all the time. One I need to replace becasue it is worn out now.

Large hand held cheese grater. (Also good for draining water from pans).

I use my processor for most grating of cheese. For the hard cheeses on pasta, the microplane.

Those oil pump bottles rock! But I could get by without if forced to.

Oh I need to add another, but I don't think it's available any longer. My Betty Crocker spatula, cake/pie cutter. I think I got it like 30 years ago for signing up for a club. Damn that thing works for everything from scraping stuff off of cooking sheets to frosting cakes. Cuts perfect slices of brownies, fudge, pies, cakes, quiches, and more. I'm pretty sure I got it free.

Two things I use all the time. One I need to replace becasue it is worn out now.

Large hand held cheese grater. (Also good for draining water from pans).

I use my processor for most grating of cheese. For the hard cheeses on pasta, the microplane.

Those oil pump bottles rock! But I could get by without if forced to.

Two other things I use almost every day that I would definately miss.

My electric skillet

And

My wok

Forum List

Back