Cookbooks

ok. I got the Brennan's of Houston. I replaced my Justin Wilson book. I picked up The Complete Greek Cookbook: The Best From Three Thousand Years of Greek Cooking by Theresa Karas Yianilos. There is something really cook about trying to replicate a 3,000 year old recipe--except for the recipes calling for ostriches and camel meat. The 1972 James Beard Cookbook was starting out at $50 so I will come back to that.

For Italian I'd suggest Jamie Oliver's,Jamie's Italy.

51J702ME9BL.jpg

Some really in depth info on Italian cooking.

What are your favorite cookbooks? I have a couple where there is only one good recipe in the whole dang thing and others that have multiple recipes that I use. So, what do you got that has the best recipes?

I had my cookbooks on top of the cabinets. I had to use a stepladder to reach them or get my son to get one down for me. So, I now have bookshelves in the kitchen and it's a whole different world. I can see them.
The Joy of Cooking is still the best. If you take the time to read the section, you will never fail to get awesome results. Everything I've made from there, from pesto to lemon meringue pie has been a total success that people rave over. And I am no cook.

What are your favorite cookbooks? I have a couple where there is only one good recipe in the whole dang thing and others that have multiple recipes that I use. So, what do you got that has the best recipes?

I had my cookbooks on top of the cabinets. I had to use a stepladder to reach them or get my son to get one down for me. So, I now have bookshelves in the kitchen and it's a whole different world. I can see them.
The Joy of Cooking is still the best. If you take the time to read the section, you will never fail to get awesome results. Everything I've made from there, from pesto to lemon meringue pie has been a total success that people rave over. And I am no cook.

I've got that one.
While it's decent there are far better ones out there.
I see it as a beginners guide.

I have it! I actually got my son that cookbook hoping that I could get him to learn how to cook before he leaves home. But, he is one of those that opens up the spice cabinet and pulls stuff out, sniffs it and adds it to whatever he is doing. He loves to experiment. I just ordered Skull Pilot's Flavor Bible as a Christmas present for him.

Forum List

Back