Convincing Atheists

Do you have proof that atheists hate God or do you just take that on faith?

Hate was a poor choice of words and really didn't convey my meaning. I meant dislike the people who try to force God upon them.

Please accept my apology. I was not attempting to insult you.

Immie
No problem. I'm not an atheist. It did seem rather silly, though. I don't believe in Santa but that doesn't mean I hate him.

I hate him! Santa left my 10-speed bike at that jerk, Randy Smith's house when I was 11! I'll never forgive him for that screw up. ;)

Immie

Wow. That seemed to be some high-brow stuff, but I think that I understood it – and agree with it if I understood it. The bottom line is that for an atheist, if God can’t be proven by logic or the senses (or through machines that enhance the senses and make things detectable/ enhance physical perception) then it just does not exist. Am I right?

By the way, I’m an open-minded agnostic – I doubt that the existence of god can be proven or dis-proven.

Why convince anyone? Just believe what you want to believe and let others do the same.

:beer:

IMPOSSIBLE! Religious people are all somewhat insecure about being in the right religion, or in any religion, and feel the need to convert as many people as possible to reaffirm their own choice. Like, if other people are joining my religion, this must be the good one, because Einstein (or any other known smart person) wouldn't...

Particularly insecure are mormons, who need to go out door to door and try to convince others so as not to feel like a retard for choosing mormonism, the amway of religions.

Also, passage in the Bible itself can be interpreted to instruct/command flowers to preach and to try to convert people. Read about the Great Commission. Let us not be too biased and critical when it comes to criticizing busy-body Christians. There are at least some atheists who seem very busy trying to convince people that God does not exist. What reason do they have for this unless their belief system is so frail that they fell driven to convince others that they are right?

Broken Angel is right and in some respect it goes to how I feel.

You cannot "convince" an athiest. Beating them over the head with their lack of faith won't give them faith. It will simply piss them off more. You are better off being faithful to God and letting God have control than stepping up to the plate and attacking everyone that doesn't see eye to eye with your beliefs. If you do that ultimately you will end up frustrated and they will end up hating God more.

Immie
Do you have proof that atheists hate God or do you just take that on faith?

he probably understand atheists hate god based on all the athiests who say they hate god, funny thing that.

You cannot "convince" an athiest. Beating them over the head with their lack of faith won't give them faith. It will simply piss them off more. You are better off being faithful to God and letting God have control than stepping up to the plate and attacking everyone that doesn't see eye to eye with your beliefs. If you do that ultimately you will end up frustrated and they will end up hating God more.

Immie

First you must convince the other that God exists. Then that person may come to love or hate the God that the new theist acknowledges. An atheist is one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods. How can one hate something that one believes does not exist? I don’t believe that unicorns exist. That does not mean that I hate unicorns.

The atheists who try to convince people of faith that God doesn't exist are stupid.

Just as the people of faith who try nad convince atheists that god exists are stupid.

Both sides have their beliefs and are not readily willing to change them.

My advice

Atheists: Get over it, a TON of people believe in god
Theists: Get over it, not everyone believes in god like you do.

NOW STFU :D :rofl:

Immie

First you must convince the other that God exists. Then that person may come to love or hate the God that the new theist acknowledges. An atheist is one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods. How can one hate something that one believes does not exist? I don’t believe that unicorns exist. That does not mean that I hate unicorns.

I tried to correct myself in post 20.

The atheists who try to convince people of faith that God doesn't exist are stupid.

Just as the people of faith who try nad convince atheists that god exists are stupid.

Both sides have their beliefs and are not readily willing to change them.

My advice

Atheists: Get over it, a TON of people believe in god
Theists: Get over it, not everyone believes in god like you do.

NOW STFU :D :rofl:

What I find funny is that the two sides feel like they have to fight over it. Simple discussions are so rarely found in this realm. I'm willing to accept that there are some who do not believe in God and I usually enjoy my discussions with most of them. I do not look at it like I have to convince them of anything... I have God on my side. What more do I need?

Immie

Forum List

Back