Convince me , Obama supporters that

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
the following Obama administration's agenda REALLY wants to help America when we see:

1) Obamacare designed to fullfil Obama's preference that all 1,400 health insurance companies be put out of business, $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local and your local property taxes will be gone and 500,000 people unemployed because he said:
"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 |

2) Obama's wants electric utilities to go out of business as he said:
So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"
Obama: We’ll bankrupt any new coal plants « Hot Air

In January 2008 he told the San Francisco Chronicle,
“Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. …
Coal power plants, natural gas, whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was,
they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money.
They will pass that money on to consumers.”

3) Obama wants gas prices to go up... " I’d like higher gas prices, just not so quickly"
Obama: I’d like higher gas prices, just not so quickly « Hot Air

As shocking as his remarks are, they shouldn’t come as a surprise. Chu has a long record of advocating for higher gas prices. In 2008, he stated, “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” Last March, he reiterated his point in an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace, noting that his focus is to ease the pain felt by his energy policies by forcing automakers to make more fuel-efficient automobiles. “What I’m doing since I became Secretary of Energy has been quite clear. What I have been doing is developing methods to take the pain out of high gas prices.”

Secretary Chu Says His Goal Is Not to Lower Gas Prices

So just in these 3 major areas health care, utilities, and gas prices.. please show me Obama supporters, where all of the above actions, preferences, objectives are intended to as all good intentions to IMPROVE our lives BUT in doing so will destroy our way of life!

why do you care more about industries that are dying than you do for the people who are your fellow Americans?

Now of course all of the above are becoming realities and our economy is sputtering in attempting to adopt all these "improvements".

It is conceivable that as we've seen with that old adage "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"..
and this is never more evident when UNDER Ronald Reagan the 1986 Congress tried to with all good intentions provide health services for the uninsured..

In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to
emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes specific
obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer emergency services to provide a medical screening
examination (MSE) when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required to provide stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable to stabilize a patient within its capability, or if the patient requests, an appropriate transfer should be implemented. Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

So this created the recouping of these costs by and with the blessings of Medicare overcharging by 6,000% in some cases the claims sent by hospitals to Medicare.
This allowed hospitals to recover the "uncompensated" services costs... but at Medicare/insurance expense!

So this "good intention" compounded the problem and that's why we HAVE more uninsured because premiums cost more because claims cost more then necessary!

why do you care more about industries that are dying than you do for the people who are your fellow Americans?

Because there are more intelligent alternatives that don't involve government inefficiencies!

But fundamentally what good all those EPA rules and regulations if there is profits to generate taxes to pay for EPA?

It's called "killing the goose that lays the golden egg"!

Case in point today CO2 emissions are reducing totally without the EPA regulations!

And the US seems to be one of the few, possibly the only, major emitter which is actually reducing emissions:

“US emissions have now fallen by 430 Mt (7.7%) since 2006, the largest reduction of all countries or regions. This development has arisen from lower oil use in the transport sector … and a substantial shift from coal to gas in the power sector.”

That’s not that far off the entire emissions per year of my native UK, just to give an idea of the magnitude there.
This is also likely to have an effect on future emissions as well. Anyone thinking of building a power plant these days is going to consider likely future comparative costs of gas and coal and more likely to build a gas fired plant than a coal one.

The effect on emissions is of course that gas has fewer CO2 emissions (and much, much, less of all the other pollutants) per unit of electricity generated than coal does. So, replacing coal generation with gas generation reduces CO2 emissions.

How to Reduce Carbon Emissions: Drill, or Frack Baby, Frack - Forbes

So why is CO2 emissions dropping? Profit margins from cheaper gas then oil!

Was EPA involved ? NOPE!

So I take it you'd like to as all Luddites return to a life style exemplified with this picture?
$4857253261_f2a59a61e2.jpg

Forum List

Back