Conversing with a Bush Hater

I loved the article, I am disappointed that the Seattle Bush Hater was allowed to leave the dinner without an explanation of the percentage that the top 1% pays. He let her go right on believing that they contribute "virtually nothing".

no1tovote4 said:
I loved the article, I am disappointed that the Seattle Bush Hater was allowed to leave the dinner without an explanation of the percentage that the top 1% pays. He let her go right on believing that they contribute "virtually nothing".
Sometimes it's just not worth arguing with them...especially the little old ladies...

CSM said:
Sometimes it's just not worth arguing with them...especially the little old ladies...

argue with them?
argue with a brick wall
argue with your dog
argue with split pea soup

you will have more sucess

Liberals are too closed minded nowadays. Some people say they have arguements with libs and they bring up many good points laced with the typical crap. Wish I could say the same, I rarely ever hear a good point come from a lib this days. Its all the same regurgited crap over and over. :puke:

GotZoom said:
Debate 101.

Right...

Now what's the point of writing an article about discussion with a bunch of unnamed Bush haters, parroting extremist talking points that are easily disputed?

Max Power said:
Right...

Now what's the point of writing an article about discussion with a bunch of unnamed Bush haters, parroting extremist talking points that are easily disputed?

First Amendment

Max Power said:
Right...

A social study of Seattle? :poke:

GotZoom said:
First Amendment

A great example of a strawman argument.

I ask what's the point of the article, and you attempt to twist my words into saying that the article should not be legally allowed. Which is of course, easily disputed with "first amendment," but that isn't actually what I said.

Good show.

Max Power said:
Right...

Its not a strawman. It was his experience. It happens all the time. The liberals, President Bush haters or not, make that statement frequently. Ted Kennedy repeats it publicly.

The point is two fold. That the liberals continue repeating the lie, and that many liberals believe things even when EVIDENCE and facts that contradict it are provided to them, and they simply say, well, we have a difference of opinion. How much the top 1 percent pay to the tax revenues is NOT OPINION. The point being many liberals are narrow minded and wont even recognize the difference between opinions and facts so that they can neatly hide their heads in the dirt.

LuvRPgrl said:
I became more familiar with "strawman arguing" after reading your sig :)
Hehe. Touche. It does have a touch of humor though... something the article was lacking.

Its not a strawman. It was his experience. It happens all the time. The liberals, President Bush haters or not, make that statement frequently. Ted Kennedy repeats it publicly.
Yeah. And there are a ton of people who think that Saddam was behind 9-11 and that's why we invaded Iraq. How about someone writes an article about a conversation with them?
"We invaded Iraq because they flew their airliners into our buildings!"

The point is two fold. That the liberals continue repeating the lie, and that many liberals believe things even when EVIDENCE and facts that contradict it are provided to them, and they simply say, well, we have a difference of opinion.
I've never heard anybody say that they don't believe the rich pay any taxes, or that George Bush has said anything along those lines. Have you? Seriously?

How much the top 1 percent pay to the tax revenues is NOT OPINION.
How does that saying go?
There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
What was the stat? The top 1% pay 34% of taxes, right?
Well, what percentage of income do they make? If they make 34% of the income, and pay 34% of the taxes... then that's hardly unfair. Right?

But the author conveniently chose to ignore this.
Just thought I'd point that out.

The point being many liberals are narrow minded and wont even recognize the difference between opinions and facts so that they can neatly hide their heads in the dirt.
Same can be said about conservatives.
And the same can certainly be said about Bush's nutswingers who think he's a conservative despite his record to the contrary.

Max Power said:
...what's the point of writing an article about discussion with a bunch of unnamed Bush haters, parroting extremist talking points that are easily disputed?

To expose liberals for what they are, based on personal experience?

Max Power said:
Hehe. Touche. It does have a touch of humor though... something the article was lacking.

Yeah. And there are a ton of people who think that Saddam was behind 9-11 and that's why we invaded Iraq. How about someone writes an article about a conversation with them?
"We invaded Iraq because they flew their airliners into our buildings!"

As opposed to the "ton" of people who dishonestly claim we invaded solely because Saddam possessed WMDs?

I've never heard anybody say that they don't believe the rich pay any taxes, or that George Bush has said anything along those lines. Have you? Seriously?

How does that saying go?
There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
What was the stat? The top 1% pay 34% of taxes, right?
Well, what percentage of income do they make? If they make 34% of the income, and pay 34% of the taxes... then that's hardly unfair. Right?

But the author conveniently chose to ignore this.
Just thought I'd point that out.

Same can be said about conservatives.

Same can be said about liberals.

And the same can certainly be said about Bush's nutswingers who think he's a conservative despite his record to the contrary.

Despite some of Bush's failings as a conservative, he is STILL far and away better than anyone the Democrats have had to offer since LBJ.

GunnyL said:
Despite some of Bush's failings as a conservative, he is STILL far and away better than anyone the Democrats have had to offer since LBJ.

Better at what?

Forum List

Back