Conventions Typically Result in Five-Point Bounce

Give the polls a few days. Obama may have his bounce after tonight. However, I am surprise it hasnt been more before now.

I expect we'll be hearing about some kind of bounce in the next few days.

Obama's speech seemed fairly effective to me, so I expect it will push some fence sitters to fall into the D side for a while.

As someone noted already, polls give us indications of trends at best.

Now if we see consistency in those trends, that is meaningful.

But no single polls tell us much.

If McCain picks Romney as VP, it will be interesting. Will it hurt him to have a LDS on the ticket?

I still have the gut feeling that Obama is going to win in a blowout. The entire nation is ready to get rid of bush. They certainly don't want 4 more years of McBush.

The GOP likes to brag about Romney having CEO experience. If they pick him, I say we hit him on two things. 1. He used to be good, just like McCain, but both now toe the GOP line BIGTIME.

2. Ceo's are what's wrong with America. Middle class people are making less in Bushanomics but CEO's are making more. I say being a CEO is a reason NOT to vote for you.

Romney reminds me of Dick Devoss from Amway. He ran for Gov. of Michigan. Slimeball. But middle class Americans seem to trust mega milliionaires. As if they want to share their secrets with us. HA!

Isn't this in contrast to the post you made right before it?

But yes, I agree. I think McCain is still a moderate at heart, which is why I support him.

He's counting on this. You believe that and the right wingers believe what he is saying now. It's called having it both ways.

Sorry, he is going to have to continue Bush's path. He can't flip on the people running his campaign. They are too powerful. Look at Bush. He let the right wing ruin this country and he and Chaney took the blame. But they'll leave the White House billionaires. Suckers. I don't disrespect Bush. I dispise him, but I don't disrespect him. It's his followers I can't respect.

Isn't this in contrast to the post you made right before it?
But yes, I agree. I think McCain is still a moderate at heart, which is why I support him.

Actually, it is more of a hopefull belief because I am beginning to feel Obama is losing his advantage. His thumbing of his nose at Hillary is going to stab him in the back...something I hope will not happen.

Frankly, McCain's choice of a woman as VP might be the last nail in Obama's coffin. The Hillary supporters who saw him turn his back on even vetting the VP in her direction, now have another reason not to vote for Obama.
THEY DIDN'T NEED ANOTHER ONE!
Many of us still feel Hillary was the better choice for the Dem nominee.

Exactly. Then McCain's got his convention coming up. I think it's going to be just as grandiose as the DNC.

Who's going to speak? McCain, Rudy, this broad, bush, rove, craig, foley, boehner, ann coulter, mitt, huckabee.

You don't realize how bad this pick was yet, do you? I love it. :lol:

Forum List

Back