Convention Noise

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Aside from those with a profit motive only Silly Putty-brains and shut-ins watch political conventions. No American can possibly learn anything from convention speakers. If anyone does not know where the protagonists stand after a two year media bombardment they will never know. In the off-chance something of importance slips out at a convention the public will get it in the aftermath the same way they get the gory details after a hurricane.

After the Republican Convention was underway, I channel surfed into FOX four or five times before I programmed FOX out of my remote control. The background noise was so bad I did not want to hear it for even a few seconds. My first thought on the din was that FOX was too cheap to build a soundproof booth. Then I realized FOX did not want the public to hear what their talking heads were saying.

I wasn’t the only one who noticed the noise. Keith Edwards refers to the National Anthem:

I was watching Fox News to see the opening of the Republican National Convention when to my shock and disappointment both Megyn Kelley and Brit Hume decided to continue their discussion of Governor Chris Christy rather than show respect to our country and cut to the singing of the National Anthem and invocation; both of which were so loud in the background that Kelly and Hume had to speak up while they were going on.

August 29, 2012
Fox News pundits ignore National Anthem, continue their chatter
Keith Edwards

Blog: Fox News pundits ignore National Anthem, continue their chatter

Mindless background noise became so much a part of the coverage I have to believe the director’s creative juices got the better of him the same way it overcomes second-rate movie directors. Bless their little artistic hearts when they shoot for realism, but using background noise to convey a sense of excitement at political conventions is more realism than most of us want.

I did not watch the convention, nor did I read any of the postmortems. Nevertheless, I could not avoid the countless headlines all over the NET. Based on headlines Ann Romney apparently did well. That made me wonder if anybody compared Mrs. Romney to Michelle Obama who was only proud of this country after she and her husband got what was owed to them:

Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA - YouTube

I do not have to watch the Republican Convention to make one final observation:

There’s a whole lot of Northeast liberals coming out of the woodwork. That makes me think the next four years will give the country four more years of Northeast liberalism; so I’m not going to get too excited about a Northeast liberal from Massachusetts who was an investment banker. I’m sure as hell not going to give Romney a grace period after he wins. The country gave Hussein the longest grace period any president ever got and look where that ended!

Last edited:
LOL...I trust Fox is celebrating all the way to the ratings crown.

To blastoff: I’d like to know how many Americans tuned in during prime time and actually watched the show for several hours? I’ll wager that the number is far, far, less than the 40 million that was originally predicted. In any event, winning a crown is no great achievement when it is awarded for the best grade of horse manure.

Incidentally, the Democrat Convention will be so bad the smell of fresh horse shit is going to come through TV sets and right into the living rooms of anyone watching.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back